Today is current, three months ago is....... three months ago
    And again - it was an analysts speculation.

By the way , it is possible in this modern world to stop production , and then restart it. Usually pretty much with the press of a button.

Any more stretching in here and we will need a yoga instructor. Or a medic.
    and to continue on the analytics, who's to say they didn't stop production.... on the current model?

Aaaah.. food for thought!
    01-06-12 08:29 PM
    It doesnt seem like they stopped production since folks here are receiving units made in Dec 2011.... (read the other posts too )
    01-06-12 08:45 PM
    It doesnt seem like they stopped production since folks here are receiving units made in Dec 2011.... (read the other posts too )
    That is correct, the 16 gig I just bought from Sprint was made in December.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-06-12 09:03 PM
    That is correct, the 16 gig I just bought from Sprint was made in December.
    The other poster bought his/her in Canada... that means there's new inventory being replenished at least in US and Canada.

And I heard from my buddies in India that RIM ran out of all inventory during the holiday promotion and have extended the offer into Jan. I am gonna try to find out what the Date Of Manufacture is on those units that show up in Mumbai soon (or, are there already).
    01-06-12 09:32 PM
    Another thing just hit me right now.

If the pb really was used mainly for beta testing, then don't you guys think that bb10 phones would be out sooner than the end of 2012? After all, os 2, which has most of the features bb10 would have minus bbm , will be ready in feb. Just some food for thought.
    01-07-12 01:44 AM
    Woo! My order status is now Shipped! With any luck I'll get it by Monday or Tuesday. I'd love to get it tomorrow so I could have the whole weekend to play with it, but I'm not holding my breath.

If my gym had wifi I'd spend even more time there than I currently do!
    Yah, but would you be working out? I kid I kid.
    01-07-12 01:58 AM

Mine says the same. It seems to be shipping well ahead of schedule though. The SBB page says 7-14 days and I ordered mine 2 days ago.
    Barkomatic I'm curious to know if ur PB was shipped via Fedex or USPS given that you went with the free shipping option. Is FedEX for those who went with priority shipping? Can anyone vouch for USPS? Is safe shipment guaranteed like FedeX?... I'm sorta worried, as I live outside the US. I hope I get a tracking number, I ordered mine yesterday, I still see status as "received" maybe it won't be updated until monday as sat and sun aren't business days...

Its such a pain to actually follow up on conversations about this sale... When there are (for lack of a better word) pointless quarrels about analytic (crap). I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on this forum that would welcome you Interloper & company.
    Last edited by digtech; 01-07-12 at 12:50 PM.
    01-07-12 12:48 PM
    Just got my 64 gig bad boy. It came from the USPS (free), but I think they use a combo where FedEx delivers it to the nearest post office and the mail carrier delivers it to your home. The tracking number from the USPS is worthless, they still show that they just got the information from the shipper. I was getting worried until this morning's deliver. I am not sure how that would work xUS. Probably FedEx to USpostoffice then USPS to your national carrier. After that a lot depends on the country, duty, graft, theft, etc. I would ALWAYS pay for fedex on international matters.

BTW the switch device wizard on DTM worked flawlessly. It just move 3.5gig of apps and data to my new book. I had given back the old one yesterday (Staples was most kind) and kept the computer on until I could complete the last steps of the switch process. Very impressive, even my wallpaper was restored.
    01-07-12 12:56 PM
    Ahh darn , I'm reading also that free shipping doesn't usually come with a tracking number. I really can't afford theft, $299 down the drain is not a way to start 2012. Sigh.

Ordered: 06-01-12
    CC Charged: 06-01-12

I suppose I have 2 more weeks to go of worry/nail biting..
    Last edited by digtech; 01-07-12 at 02:08 PM.
    01-07-12 02:05 PM
    Ahh darn , I'm reading also that free shipping doesn't usually come with a tracking number. I really can't afford theft, $299 down the drain is not a way to start 2012. Sigh.

Your credit card should NOT have been charged until the unit shipped. I would assume by the above that your PB is on the way.

See my other posts on this thread. I did not get a shipping notification from SBB until my unit was delivered to my home! Good Luck!
    01-07-12 03:58 PM
    SlashGear is just one of the industry comments on the $299 firesale--all negative, so far as I have seen. I really don't see how one can put a realistic positive spin on this latest sale, given that the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models of the Playbook are all selling for $299. To me, the only rational explanation is that RIM is not trying to sell the 16GB and 32GB models, because it has already pretty much sold them all out. If this were not the case, and RIM simply wanted to reduce a bloated 64GB inventory, it would have set appropriate but different prices for the three models, taking into account that a 64GB Playbook really is worth more than one with less storage. Note also that Sprint, which apparently does still have its own stock of the 16GB model (maybe the dregs of the RIM inventory), has been selling it for $199. So, it really does look like a liquidation. Of course, this is just my view of the rational prediction; I acknowledge it may not be correct one

Leaving aside the interesting speculation as to what it all means, the big question for buyers is: is it worth buying a 64GB Playbook at $299? Absolutely, so long as the Playbook does what you want a tablet to do. It's a fine piece of technology, and the $100 premium (over the Sprint 16GB price) for the extra storage is reasonable, if you think 16GB might not be enough. Just be aware that there is a better than even chance that you will be buying what will soon be an industry orphan...
    01-07-12 04:19 PM
    ... Click to view quoted image

Has anyone here had their 64GB Playbooks ship yet, if so, when is your expected delivery date?
    You obviously paid for that.
    01-08-12 01:40 AM

ur card is not charged - its only an authorization or temp/pending transaction. the authorization is "settled" after the item ships and then ur card gets actually charged.
    01-08-12 09:41 AM
    I had ordered a 32gig from walmart for 299 not more than 3 weeks ago. I then tried to order one from shopblackberry for 250 but they flagged me as being a crook and a cheat so I told them to go scratch.
    Against my better judgment (which realized that there is no Bluetooth streaming, no Netflix, no Amazon Prime streaming if you are bridged, no Skype, no Kindle app), I bit the bullet because at this price, it's an impulse buy. At least I can put all of my music and a couple dozen movies on the 64GB (still having room for more) and read the NY Times in the morning on a larger device than my 9810.

But the c*cksuckers at shopblackberry.com flagged my transaction for some unknown reason. I called and they said it was flagged for fraud! A card I use all of the time! I went through everything (billing and shipping address are the same, etc., and they even suggested using my middle initial because that's on the card) and it was still flagged. I blew them off and ordered through Best Buy at the same price, although having to pay tax and shipping.

F- shopblackberry.com. I know that this is a third-party entity that RIM has contracted with, but it's one more small showing of RIM incompetence that they selected this bonehead outfit to ship their products.
    01-08-12 10:38 AM
    Against my better judgment (which realized that there is no Bluetooth streaming, no Netflix, no Amazon Prime streaming if you are bridged, no Skype, no Kindle app), I bit the bullet because at this price, it's an impulse buy. At least I can put all of my music and a couple dozen movies on the 64GB (still having room for more) and read the NY Times in the morning on a larger device than my 9810.

But the c*cksuckers at shopblackberry.com flagged my transaction for some unknown reason. I called and they said it was flagged for fraud! A card I use all of the time! I went through everything (billing and shipping address are the same, etc., and they even suggested using my middle initial because that's on the card) and it was still flagged. I blew them off and ordered through Best Buy at the same price, although having to pay tax and shipping.

F- shopblackberry.com. I know that this is a third-party entity that RIM has contracted with, but it's one more small showing of RIM incompetence that they selected this bonehead outfit to ship their products.
    RIM told me their credit card checking system has some problems my very solid amex card was rejected the first time they tried but went through when they retried on their own Shame the whole company seems so poorly organized and controlled

in any case my 64g was delivered i did have to pay sales tax in MA
    01-08-12 10:47 AM
    I placed my order for a 64GB on 01/04 and it shipped on 01/07. I also received an email with a Fedex tracking number. I selected the economy 2 day shipping method. Package is set to arrive via Fedex on the 01/10.
    01-08-12 01:44 PM
    Well I can't say I didn't expect this run around. I suppose it makes me appreciate this baby more when it does finally (whenever that is)gets here.

So here's my update...

08-01-12 /Order Status: Cancelled.
    I still see a pending charge in my account so I don't know what has happeneed. I have sent two emails a short while ago (just a formality) and I know theyll be ignored. Sigh

I suppose ill be calling to find out the problem in the morning, and perhaps ill send Mark Chequer an email. Goodluck to everyone else.
    Last edited by digtech; 01-08-12 at 10:18 PM.
    01-08-12 10:15 PM
    So here's my update...

08-01-12 /Order Status: Cancelled.
    I still see a pending charge in my account so I don't know what has happeneed. I have sent two emails a short while ago (just a formality) and I know theyll be ignored. Sigh
    I've had orders canceled before and it took from 3 days to a week before the pending charges disappear. It's not something to worry about unless the charges actually take place. It's just part of the credit card clearing process and the company that puts on the pending charge doesn't have control over what the credit card company does.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 01-08-12 at 10:47 PM.
    01-08-12 10:45 PM
    New 64GB PBs have arrived. The batch is 190411 and unlike my 32GB bought last year, the power button is all good! Not that I have issue with the flush power button as using cases making power on and off easy enough. No back bulging either.

Last but not least, no QC issues like many have mentioned such as rubber around the outer, sound, both cameras, browser, native apps, etc are all fine. Update went very smooth and now it is time to install more apps, etc

Very happy with Shopblackberry store and this is my very first time shopping with them.

Cheers
    01-09-12 01:27 PM
    New 64GB PBs have arrived. The batch is 190411 and unlike my 32GB bought last year, the power button is all good! Not that I have issue with the flush power button as using cases making power on and off easy enough. No back bulging either.

Last but not least, no QC issues like many have mentioned such as rubber around the outer, sound, both cameras, browser, native apps, etc are all fine. Update went very smooth and now it is time to install more apps, etc

Very happy with Shopblackberry store and this is my very first time shopping with them.

Cheers
    Thanks for the update! This makes me consider buying a new PlayBook instead of a used one!

01-09-12 01:38 PM

Cheers
    Presumably "190411" is a number from the sticker found on the PlayBook box spline. Discussions here indicate that this *may* indicate the manufacture date. If this is true, the date of manufacture of your "new 64 GB PlayBooks" is April 19, 2011 in DD/MM/YY format.

This date is very early in production (8 1/2 months ago). In the United States, for example, the Playbook release date was April 19.

Question:
    Has anyone ever seen a date sticker before April, 2011? If it really does contain a manufacture date, I would expect at least some to be dated before this as RIM manufactured stock for release.
    01-09-12 02:55 PM
    Presumably "190411" is a number from the sticker found on the PlayBook box spline. Discussions here indicate that this *may* indicate the manufacture date. If this is true, the date of manufacture of your "new 64 GB PlayBooks" is April 19, 2011 in DD/MM/YY format.

This date is very early in production (8 1/2 months ago). In the United States, for example, the Playbook release date was April 19.

Question:
    Has anyone ever seen a date sticker before April, 2011? If it really does contain a manufacture date, I would expect at least some to be dated before this as RIM manufactured stock for release.
    My 32GB PB has 110411, which is about 8 days earlier. As I mentioned, only issue I have with it is that flush power button. No any other problem whatsoever. Till date it still runs like a day only better with more apps... But it is time to wipe and hand it to my wife so she may switch her mobile phone back to BB
    01-09-12 04:20 PM
    Question:
    Yes, mine is dated 030311.

It's my understanding that PB PINs started with 500. Mine is 500ED0D0 which would mean my PB is number 970,960 built if RIM didn't skip any numbers.
    01-09-12 04:30 PM
    My 32GB PB has 110411, which is about 8 days earlier. As I mentioned, only issue I have with it is that flush power button. No any other problem whatsoever. Till date it still runs like a day only better with more apps... But it is time to wipe and hand it to my wife so she may switch her mobile phone back to BB
    64 GB with 130411 and raised power button, but bulge on back.
    01-09-12 04:44 PM
    I received mine yesterday, which in itself was amazing since I ordered it on Thursday and chose the free shipping option. I was prepared to wait two weeks with all the horror stories I'd heard about late delivery--maybe they finally got it together.

Anyway, mine arrived with an easy to press slightly raised power button, no dead or stuck pixels (and I checked using Screen Helper) and *almost* perfectly flat back.
    01-10-12 08:54 AM
285 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD