We call this a razor and blades case. RIM has lots of razors but few or no blades.
    01-04-12 02:49 PM
    Just got a shipping notification! This is way faster than I had anticipated. Definitely much shorter than as advertised 7 to 14 business day
    01-04-12 04:29 PM
    Ditto. No tracking number because it USPS. Now back goes the 32er. Even if this just becomes a 64g music library to carry between our homes it will be worth it.
    01-04-12 04:33 PM
    My friend who works with the source just informed me that the 64gb will be on sale starting tomorrow for $299 in Canada! I'm not sure if this is a source only promo but for those interested keep your eyes open.
    01-04-12 04:39 PM
    I ordered a 64GB and got an e-mail today from BB saying that it's shipped. I can't wait.
    01-04-12 07:18 PM
    Idk about everyone else, but i have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to sbb.
    01-04-12 07:22 PM
    Mine was ordered yesterday and shipped this morning. It will arrive on Friday! So excited. And I sold my 32 gig to a coworker for what I paid for it, so I dont' have to return it.
    01-04-12 07:23 PM
    Well, I did it again. I purchased the 16GB model from shop.blackberry.com for 189.00 and have been using it for about a month. I like it so much I decided to pull the trigger on the the 64GB $299 deal. The 16GB is going to be a birthday gift for my mom.
    namekoms likes this.
    01-04-12 07:23 PM
    Let's say ipad3 comes out with iOS6. It will still fall short of Q N X baby.
    01-04-12 07:30 PM
    So I call Shop Blackberry today to get a status on the order I placed on 1/1. It was still showing "received" as the status. Weird given I got a call from Fedex yesterday telling me that they had a delivery and someone 21 or older with ID needed to be here to receive the package. Given we had nothing else ordered, I assumed it had to be the PB. When I got through (actually did not take but a couple of minutes) I got a lady on the phone that asked how she could help me. Told her that I wanted a status update on my order because it still showed "received" and Fedex had called me blah, blah, blah. She tells me that the order is in shipping status, not received. I said, "When will it ship?". She says she is not sure she can find out because so many people have called in sick today they are short handed. I said, "Not good enough. You should be able to tell me exactly what the status of the order is." She puts me on hold and comes back a couple of minutes later and says that the order will likely take 3-5 more days to process. Great I say and I hang up. My wife texts me 15 minutes later. The PB got delivered by Fedex. I appreciate that SBB got my order to me. Maybe I should call them back and let them know it arrived!!

I did get an email notification from SBB that the PB shipped. The email came in 10 minutes after it was actually delivered.

So I leave work 30 minutes early because I can't wait to get home and start playing with my new toy. My wife had it unpacked and charging. (Was sealed in the box by the way). I'm just digging in to my 64GB wonder!! Oh joy!
    Last edited by curlman; 01-04-12 at 08:30 PM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-04-12 08:28 PM
    To those receiving 64GB Playbooks, can you tell us the manufacture dates? It will be interesting to see if these were old stock or are just now rolling off the assembly lines...
    01-04-12 08:34 PM
    time for playbook replacement! gonna pick up a 64. anyone interested in a brand new unopened 16gb from bestbuy for $300 shipped? (save you on taxes/shipping from shopblackberry)

pm me if you are!
    01-04-12 08:40 PM
    To those receiving 64GB Playbooks, can you tell us the manufacture dates? It will be interesting to see if these were old stock or are just now rolling off the assembly lines...
    I would but I don't know where to look for that info? Do you?
    01-04-12 08:44 PM
    time for playbook replacement! gonna pick up a 64. anyone interested in a brand new unopened 16gb from bestbuy for $300 shipped? (save you on taxes/shipping from shopblackberry)

pm me if you are!
    They are $199 from Sprint. Why would someone pay you $100 more?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-04-12 08:47 PM
    Mine shipped today from shop blackberry. I am suprized they shipped so fast
    01-04-12 09:15 PM
    what do you mean no google maps ? there is google maps app.
    The Blackberry Playbook is unable to use Google maps....
    ...New versions, old versions - the Playbook simply can't handle it.

I've attempted every angle possible to load Google maps and the only thing I've discovered....
    ...Is that the Google site identifies the Playbook as a "PUMA phone".
    ...Which is a low cost 'go phone' type device for Europe.

I seriously hope RIM address this issue...
    ...Their attempt at doing so by loading bing maps wasn't the way to do it.
    Last edited by pythons; 01-04-12 at 11:56 PM.
    01-04-12 11:51 PM
    I would but I don't know where to look for that info? Do you?
    On the spline of the box is a sticker bearing the serial number and a six-digit date code in DDMMYY format. This is apparently the manufacture date, although there is speculation that it could be something else...
    01-05-12 12:18 AM
    We call this a razor and blades case. RIM has lots of razors but few or no blades.
    Be careful with blanket statements. I've had a PlayBook for only a couple of months, and already spent over $200 in accessories and apps so far.

With the Android player on OS2, the number of "blades" will be increasing dramatically, which will be a nice addition to the many new PlayBook owners.
    01-05-12 02:32 AM
    Be careful with blanket statements. I've had a PlayBook for only a couple of months, and already spent over $200 in accessories and apps so far.

With the Android player on OS2, the number of "blades" will be increasing dramatically, which will be a nice addition to the many new PlayBook owners.
    I've spent $13 for a 15 foot HDMI to microHDMI cable plus $199 for the Playbook and that will be it. Oh, and $3 for the Files and Folders app.
    The PlayBook is strictly a transitional device for me. If it wasn't dirt cheap I would never have bought it and I'm certainly not going to throw more money down the hole after it.
    01-05-12 02:47 AM
    The Blackberry Playbook is unable to use Google maps....
    ...New versions, old versions - the Playbook simply can't handle it.

I've attempted every angle possible to load Google maps and the only thing I've discovered....
    ...Is that the Google site identifies the Playbook as a "PUMA phone".
    ...Which is a low cost 'go phone' type device for Europe.

I seriously hope RIM address this issue...
    ...Their attempt at doing so by loading bing maps wasn't the way to do it.

Has anyone here had their 64GB Playbooks ship yet, if so, when is your expected delivery date?
    01-05-12 03:10 AM
    On the spline of the box is a sticker bearing the serial number and a six-digit date code in DDMMYY format. This is apparently the manufacture date, although there is speculation that it could be something else...
    Assuming this is a manufacture date, mine is: 190411

I read that as April 19, 2011. So definitely not a new model if it is in fact the manufacture date. Interesting that the date is the same as the PB was officially released for sale!

Mine has the flush power button. Not a big deal to me. My wife's 32GB unit has the more "raised" power button which is easier to use.
    Last edited by curlman; 01-05-12 at 05:11 AM.
    01-05-12 05:06 AM

Has anyone here had their 64GB Playbooks ship yet, if so, when is your expected delivery date?
    I ordered on 1/1. Chose 1 day shipping. Shipped 1/3. Arrived 1/4.
    01-05-12 05:16 AM

How much money from those purchases (especially Android apps) went to RIM? Anyway, there are always some profligate folks who change razors daily. Just cannot build a business based on them. More folks are like Interpoler:

"I've spent $13 for a 15 foot HDMI to microHDMI cable plus $199 for the Playbook and that will be it. Oh, and $3 for the Files and Folders app.
    The PlayBook is strictly a transitional device for me. If it wasn't dirt cheap I would never have bought it and I'm certainly not going to throw more money down the hole after it. "
    01-05-12 05:23 AM
    WooHoooO! Got a second PlayBook! It was only 299� for the 64GB version.
    I got it from Staples in The Netherlands and it was the last one!

Check out my blog post for some more PlayBook happines Staples NL Dumping PlayBook, Got The Last 64GB for Only 299

Me very happy with my new baby, used to have a 16GB, so now owing two PlayBooks.
    Now preparing this baby for daily usage.
    Syncing with the same AppWorld ID works prefectly and now installing all apps and games, lovely!

Greets,
    Marcel38
    01-05-12 02:58 PM
    I am not regretting buying the playbook, $299 for the 64GB one is a good deal.
    but the more I read about the rumored 7-inch tablet from Google, the more I am worried about the playbook.

This if true would be a much bigger threat than the Kindle.

Google Tablet: Will it Bring Down the Kindle Fire or iPad? | PCWorld
    01-05-12 04:04 PM
285 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD