Crackberry Crew,

Much appreciated for all you guys do, as a Blackberry business user and personal user, I've tipped my hat a few times to you guys and here is another well deserved one:

My beloved wife bought me a shiney new 16GB Playbook for Christmas and to say I was super ecstatic, is an understatement. Right out of the box this thing blew away all my worries and anticipation, I couldn't put it down for the first 2 weeks. Now here comes the really cool part. As I sit down in the AM as I always do every morning, with a cup of coffee and open up crackberry.com to see whats new I saw a posting about "Bestbuy Canada $299 for all playbook sizes". I almost jumped out of my seat! As I knew that there is price protection for at least 30days from Staples (where my wife bought mine) I asked her if she would mind if we could take the 16GB one back and I'd pay the difference for the upgrade, which of course is only $100. She was as excited as I was so off we went the next morning.

Got to Staples, I told the guy about the Bestbuy event happening and the manager didn't even hiccup and said "Yeah I know about it and we are doing the same deal". So without a hitch, he took mine back and I paid my $100 difference for the 64GB!! I told the manager that I'm surprised there is no advertising on Staples website to say they match it etc. He said they will be and for now will match it anyway.

I had to tell my story guys because if it wasn't for my morning routine and being a part of the community, I would have never known or probably would have been too late to do it. So thanks for all your hard work on the site and being 0-min with your updates Crackberry team!! Thanks again!

And maybe a big help to someone else that is under the 30day mark with most major retailers wanting the cheap upgrade. -peace out.
    01-10-12 07:24 PM
    I am posting this from my shiny new 64gb PB that I got from the shopblackberry.com sale. I think this is a great way to get the PB in the hands of the masses!
    01-10-12 07:32 PM
    Jealous that you got the 64gb playbook, i only have the 16gb, but atleast we don't lose functionality between playbooks, only storage amount.

Once my android phone sells, ill see if i can secure a 64gb and give my 16 to my fiance
    01-10-12 07:42 PM
    Awesome man! I don't rock a PB, but one day may.

This site bar none is one of the best tech sites around IMO anyway. I may rock Android stuff for now, but one day may be back.

Till then, no other site I would rather be trying to help out and whatnot.

Enjoy your 64G!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-10-12 08:03 PM
    Oh, I did type that off my older 9700, lol! Miss the heck out of my phyiscal KB!
    01-10-12 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD