So the girlfriend is flipping through the channels and sees the Shopping Channel.

They have a 64GB PB with PRE INSTALLED 2.0, Rapid Charger, Folio Case, HDMI Cable on sale for $ 323.25.

They are talking it up big time and doing a GREAT sales pitch. Obviously this is their job, but for the common folk this is an informative sales pitch.

I know some people just wont care about this thread, but to me it shows that RIM is promoting the PB big time and really trying to move units. Is great to see some proactive sales pitches and attempts to move units. I'm tempted to buy a second one ... hmmm ....

Keep it up RIM. Starting 2012 off with a bang !!! Keep it up

Buy 64GB BlackBerry PlayBook 7" Bundle with Rapid Charging Pod, Folio Case & HDMI Cable, Blackberryand Tablets & ebook Readers from The Shopping Channel, Canada's home shopping network-Online Shopping for Canadians
    02-22-12 09:22 PM
    Hey anything to help sell units... It is actually good to post this sort of thing as people need to know RIM is trying....
    02-22-12 09:23 PM
    SOB!!!! I would snap this up asap.....if I didnt just pass my 2 week return date
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    02-22-12 09:25 PM
    Thats exactly what I was thinking .... Also Shopping Channel usually sells large quantities. For $323 I'm seriously considering buying another one ... now a way to justify it ... hmmm ...
    02-22-12 09:25 PM
    Thats exactly what I was thinking .... Also Shopping Channel usually sells large quantities. For $323 I'm seriously considering buying another one ... now a way to justify it ... hmmm ...
    lol I just had the same though hahaha
    02-22-12 09:27 PM
    woaaah i'm gonna snap this deal for sure whetever i have too many playbooks already i don't care.
    i will gift them instead since i have some upcoming bdays of my family members!.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-22-12 09:28 PM
    That's a great deal - nice find!
    02-22-12 09:29 PM
    this is a GREAT deal!
    02-22-12 09:31 PM
    do you know if it is free shipping and no tax?
    I was going to head to office depot to get a 64GB for 299, but with tax, it will be around 330 and without the extra accessories.
    02-22-12 09:31 PM
    do you know if it is free shipping and no tax?
    I was going to head to office depot to get a 64GB for 299, but with tax, it will be around 330 and without the extra accessories.
    The website (click the link !) says free shipping.
    02-22-12 09:35 PM
    DAMN. i just cant find anyone to sell my 32gb to bc i already made my family buy new ones. lol

Also

TOTAL = $365.27

That is $35 more than regular priced 64gb and if the Charger is $70 and the Case is $40 you are getting both of those for free pretty much if you consider the HDMI cord would sell for about $20
    Last edited by FSeverino; 02-22-12 at 09:41 PM.
    02-22-12 09:39 PM
    yeah, make sure to opt for the 6 payments since they're not charging you interests.
    the first payment is $53.88 + ($323.25 * tax), rest of payment is 53.88 per month for next 5 months. shipping is free and return is 30 days upon delivery
    02-22-12 09:44 PM
    I just got it

Paid all at once though

Now i need to find someone to buy my 32GB
    CDM76 and therapyreject174 like this.
    02-22-12 09:49 PM
    Definitely a good deal at that price with all of the included accessories.
    Too bad the cost of a divorce from my wife would be way more if I add a 3rd PB into the mix
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-22-12 10:16 PM
    Definitely a good deal at that price with all of the included accessories.
    Too bad the cost of a divorce from my wife would be way more if I add a 3rd PB into the mix
    would it settle the blow if it was a 32GB in mint condition with a BRAND NEW folio case?
    lol... i need to sell mine!
    02-22-12 10:20 PM
    Why is this a good deal? Doesn't PB already come with a rapid charger? You can get the journal case at Staples for $20 and a micro HDMI cable for $3 at Amazon. Finally ShopBlackberry has free shipping and no tax for $299.
    02-22-12 10:38 PM
    im not sure that SBB can sell it for $299 without tax needs to be charged on all purchases doesnt it?

also, it is $30 more (after tax on both sides) but you get a $30 case and the DOCK which is worth at least $40 plus the HDMI cable which is anywhere from $5 - $20 if it is an official BB one which it looks like in the picture. So that means you are paying $30 more for $90 of add ons... meaning you save $60!

Also, bc of all the stuff im getting in this bundle which will be NEW IN BOX i can sell my 32GB for much higher bc the Case and HDMI cable are NEW and not USED. which means I save EVEN MORE!

I have been looking to upgrade to the 64GB and get the dock. If everything works out how I think it should then I will be getting TWO things that i wanted for the price of just the dock!

(32GB) DOUBLE storage for FREE!
    02-22-12 10:52 PM
    Alas....not available for US market. What an awesome deal!
    02-22-12 11:08 PM
    hmmmm...

this is what the 'details' are if you look close

Includes:
    • 64GB BlackBerry PlayBook
    • Rapid Charger
    • Gel Skin
    • Zipper Case
    • HDMI Cable

Im going to 'email to air' them bc that is what the customer rep said.

This is still a great deal, but i really want the DOCK and not the other rapid charger

I just emailed them this

The sale heading AND picture for your 64GB Playbook deal reads:

64GB BlackBerry PlayBook 7" Bundle with Rapid Charging Pod, Folio Case & HDMI Cable

but the description hidden at the bottom of the 'Overview' section states:

• 64GB BlackBerry PlayBook
    • Rapid Charger
    • Gel Skin
    • Zipper Case
    • HDMI Cable

There is no mention of the Folio (or Convertible) Case or the Rapid Charging DOCK. There is a BIG difference between the Convertible (Folio) Case and the Zipper Case, as well as between the Rapid Charger and The Rapid Charging DOCK!

What are the EXACT accessories included in this deal? Is it possible to get Product/Mnf numbers for each item in the bundle to make sure I am getting what is in the PICTURE and NOT what is stated in the 'overview'?
    02-22-12 11:12 PM
    im not sure that SBB can sell it for $299 without tax needs to be charged on all purchases doesnt it?

also, it is $30 more (after tax on both sides) but you get a $30 case and the DOCK which is worth at least $40 plus the HDMI cable which is anywhere from $5 - $20 if it is an official BB one which it looks like in the picture. So that means you are paying $30 more for $90 of add ons... meaning you save $60!

Also, bc of all the stuff im getting in this bundle which will be NEW IN BOX i can sell my 32GB for much higher bc the Case and HDMI cable are NEW and not USED. which means I save EVEN MORE!

I have been looking to upgrade to the 64GB and get the dock. If everything works out how I think it should then I will be getting TWO things that i wanted for the price of just the dock!

(32GB) DOUBLE storage for FREE!
    SBB does not charge tax. Both my PB's were purchased from them and I paid no tax. The deal talks about a rapid charger, but not about any dock. Look on Amazon and there are many quality micro HDMI cables for 3 bucks. So where's the deal?
    02-22-12 11:13 PM
    Is this in Canada only?
    02-22-12 11:16 PM
    SBB does not charge tax. Both my PB's were purchased from them and I paid no tax. The deal talks about a rapid charger, but not about any dock. Look on Amazon and there are many quality micro HDMI cables for 3 bucks. So where's the deal?
    There really aren't any "deals" on shopping networks. The ability to stretch payments is the only redeeming option. And if you put is on a credit card, then even that goes away.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-22-12 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Typo
    RF8655 likes this.
    02-22-12 11:19 PM
    Im not really sure how SBB can do that.

anyways, it is then $67 more then JUST the PB

Plus you get a bundle which, according to the same site you used, is $100 (originally $120) and a $20 HDMI Cable.

You save $60!
    02-22-12 11:22 PM
    Im not really sure how SBB can do that.

anyways, it is then $67 more then JUST the PB

Plus you get a bundle which, according to the same site you used, is $100 (originally $120) and a $20 HDMI Cable.

You save $60!
    You're not saving anything and are just letting their marketing hype convince you. Like I already said, SBB does not charge tax. The bundle is just a cable and cover that you can get elsewhere for $23, and there is no dock, only rapid charger that already comes with the PB.

If you want to believe their hype, that's your choice.
    Last edited by RF8655; 02-22-12 at 11:42 PM.
    02-22-12 11:33 PM
    Please READ POSTS before making assumptions.

I AM NOT WATCHING the channel. In the picture on the website it says DOCK and Convertible Case. So I ordered it.

When I read the 'overview' i saw that this MAY NOT be the case so I emailed them to confirm.

Because I AM NOT WATCHING the channel I do not know what is in the bundle.

If it only a Case then that is a different story. But if i get a NEW CASE and the DOCK then I can sell the case for $40, keep the dock and double my PB storage ... that means that I doubled my storage and got a dock for $20. The dock is $40.

So FOR ME, like i said. This is a GREAT deal. For someone buying ALL NEW stuff then it may not be a good deal.

Just out of curiosity... if you are watching it on TV can you tell me WHAT IS IN THE PACKAGE

the 64gb PB and case/dock bundle are $400 if you go through SBB i paid $367. So if the deal is what is advertized on the site/picture then i have at least saved $30 and am getting a HDMI cable ($20 from BB) which brings the total savings to $50!
    Last edited by FSeverino; 02-22-12 at 11:51 PM.
    02-22-12 11:45 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD