EDIT: Sorry, guys, I thought I was actually looking at this 'Buy It Now' listing. 64GB PlayBook on eBay for $278.95. It's from a Top-Rated Seller, too. (It's manufacturer refurbished though)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-PlayBook-64GB-Tablet-Wi-Fi-7in-Black-/150731230850?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item2318480e82
    Last edited by Beethoven9th; 01-18-12 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Posted wrong link.....sorry, everyone :(
    01-18-12 07:08 PM
    Are you the seller ;-) ???

Still 4 days to the auction, it will sell for more than that!!
    01-18-12 07:18 PM
    Are you the seller ;-) ???

Still 4 days to the auction, it will sell for more than that!!

Actually, no...I was considering buying it myself, but it looks like I made a mistake.

I was looking at a 'Buy It Now' listing, but I must have clicked the wrong link. I'll change the original post right now. Sorry, guys.

P.S.-OK, I look really stupid now since a brand new 64GB PlayBook can be bought for a few bucks more. Can we delete this thread so there's no evidence that I'm a fool??? LOL...
    Last edited by Beethoven9th; 01-18-12 at 07:30 PM. Reason: I'm a fool :)
    01-18-12 07:22 PM
    P.S.-OK, I look really stupid now since a brand new 64GB PlayBook can be bought for a few bucks more. Can we delete this thread so there's no evidence that I'm a fool??? LOL...
    Unfortunately for you that's not going to happen.
    gschep likes this.
    01-18-12 07:34 PM
    Unfortunately for you that's not going to happen.
    I know...first I had posted the wrong link, and after I went ahead & corrected it, I then realized that the PlayBook I was originally looking at was in fact refurbished.

OK, I'll shut up now....:
    01-18-12 07:43 PM
    1) I never buy anything expensive unless I know I can EASILY return/exchange the item if anything goes wrong. That's why I stick to Amazon, Staples, or other B&M stores that have good return policies. I am willing to pay a premium, and, based on my experience, the premium is worth it.

2) I try not to buy refurbished products unless they are DEEPLY discounted. You may get an absolutely perfect unit with no problems, but you may also end up with a unit that had been previously abused or incorrectly used (may not be evident just from the looks). Besides, there are warranty considerations. And in this case, the Playbook you are asking about is only like $20-40 less than a new unit from a reputable retailer. I wouldn't even bother (unless you have tons of eBay bucks you have to spend). Better get a new one for $299 from other places. You can always find coupons that will make the deal even sweeter.

But , in the end of the day, it's your call. Good luck.
    01-18-12 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD