When Bestbuy cancelled my 64GB PB order @ $229, they said there are no stock and Bestbuy is not going to order any more. So why is there a 'new' listing of 64GB PB on their websit @ $699, even though they said it's sold out online, I still think I was being cheated.
    Do I have a case if they become avaiable again?
    12-07-11 01:55 PM
    You were cheated BestBuy does things like that all the time. What they do a lot (at least locally here) is they have a product go on sale (i.e. the HP Touchpad) and they only sell to employees first. They sell a few to customers and keep the rest in their stock. Once the price goes back up, they use that stock to resell at full price
    12-07-11 01:57 PM
    RIM subsidized the sale price for a certain number of units of for a certain amount of time in the retail channel. When stores ran out of those subsidized units, they didn't necessarily run out of units; they ran out of subsidized units. In the case of Best Buy, they no longer, officially carry the PB anymore. It is not in their in-store system. Once out, they are not set to get anymore unless and until something changes between them and the supplier. That is the word directly from Best Buy. I suspect that may be the case with other stores as well, as the price is back up to the original offering.
    12-07-11 02:25 PM
    If you still have proof of your order and proof of their stated reasons for cancelling you might see if you can visit a shop with that info and see if they can resolve what they claimed. Or email suggesting a call to the BetterBusinessBureau or tv ombudsman or AG's office might help them.
    12-07-11 03:11 PM
    I have no idea what any of this means.
    I have to quote you since my "like" button is missing.

I guess some folks don't understand that Rim over-promised and under-delivered. They made very strong suggestions that the pb would contain x, y and z. And they even provided timelines. One of their ceo's made statements. He later lied about making statements.

The pb may have been worth what was being charged in the recent sale. It is still not worth what they seem to be again asking for it.

But, at least, with our "whining" posts anyone who does purchase at this current price is warned - don't expect much more than what you have purchased. Oh, and make sure rim did not break and re-break wifi on your unit, too.
    12-07-11 03:16 PM
    RIM subsidized the sale price for a certain number of units of for a certain amount of time in the retail channel. When stores ran out of those subsidized units, they didn't necessarily run out of units; they ran out of subsidized units. In the case of Best Buy, they no longer, officially carry the PB anymore. It is not in their in-store system. Once out, they are not set to get anymore unless and until something changes between them and the supplier. That is the word directly from Best Buy. I suspect that may be the case with other stores as well, as the price is back up to the original offering.
    That is all very well if Bestbuy no longer carry the products, but they cancelled the order saying they no long have and will not order any 64GB PB. But why put it back on your website as 'NEW'. That indictate new arrival to me.

playbook - BestBuy

For information, I am not bitter, I got a 32GB and would like to get another one as christmas present, I just feel cheated.
    12-07-11 03:18 PM
    In your place, I would try to get Best Buy to honor the $229 price and, failing that, would wait for the Playbook price to drop again, at Best Buy or someplace else. It probably will. I would not buy at $699--no rational consumer would in this market, whatever they might have been willing to do six months ago.
    12-07-11 03:23 PM
    That is all very well if Bestbuy no longer carry the products, but they cancelled the order saying they no long have and will not order any 64GB PB. But why put it back on your website as 'NEW'. That indictate new arrival to me.

playbook - BestBuy

For information, I am not bitter, I got a 32GB and would like to get another one as christmas present, I just feel cheated.
    You are getting an understandable, but wrong indication. Look a little further and you will see that the product is not available for purchase. Call the store. They will tell you that there will be no new shipments.
    12-07-11 03:24 PM
    I am not argue about if you can order it or not, but if Bestbuy told me and thousand others that they are no longer ordering any more, then 'why' put it back on their website. The 64GB PB was definitly not on there in the last 2 weeks. To me the only reason they are there is the anticipation of new stock.
    12-07-11 03:31 PM
    I am not argue about if you can order it or not, but if Bestbuy told me and thousand others that they are no longer ordering any more, then 'why' put it back on their website. The 64GB PB was definitly not on there in the last 2 weeks. To me the only reason they are there is the anticipation of new stock.
    Nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking. Call Best Buy for yourself. Call several. Most likely answer is that someone made a mistake on the online store side of things.
    12-07-11 03:34 PM
    I believe there will be new stock arriving at the BB stores, and most other retailers just in time for Xmas. Whether they will be sold at $300.00 discounts is unknown at this time.
    12-07-11 03:34 PM
    I believe there will be new stock arriving at the BB stores, and most other retailers just in time for Xmas. Whether they will be sold at $300.00 discounts is unknown at this time.
    Where do you get that idea from? Are you just making stuff up? I'm not. I spoke to the source. Who did you speak to?
    12-07-11 03:37 PM
    Nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking. Call Best Buy for yourself. Call several. Most likely answer is that someone made a mistake on the online store side of things.
    i take it as encoragement. moral of the story maybe not to buy from Bestbuy if possible.
    12-07-11 03:40 PM
    i take it as encoragement. moral of the story maybe not to buy from Bestbuy if possible.
    That is always a good lesson, IMO.
    12-07-11 03:43 PM
    Life is hard.

If the 64 GB wasn't listed on the website, people would be complaining about that too.
    12-07-11 03:45 PM
    Where do you get that idea from? Are you just making stuff up? I'm not. I spoke to the source. Who did you speak to?
    All this speculation is simply source dependent. I don't know who your source is, and I'm not about to give up my source simply because it's on a need to know basis, and you don't have a need to know.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-07-11 at 05:19 PM.
    12-07-11 03:51 PM
    I really can't imagine anyone buying the PB at the non-sale price point after having had it for about two weeks. It's $400 hardware with only $200 functionality at present. Workmanship and components can only count so much.
    12-07-11 04:17 PM
    All this is simply source dependent. I don't know who your source is, and I'm not about to give up my source simply because it's on a need to know basis, and you don't have a need to know.
    I really should have put on my hip boots.
    12-07-11 04:18 PM
    no worries they`ll go back down for xmas. there`s no way anyone will buy it now at full price.
    12-07-11 04:55 PM
    Be patient......there is usually some big sales before xmas or definitely after the holidays. 199 seems to be the new magic number for 7" tabs these days
    12-07-11 05:00 PM
    When Bestbuy cancelled my 64GB PB order @ $229, they said there are no stock and Bestbuy is not going to order any more. So why is there a 'new' listing of 64GB PB on their websit @ $699, even though they said it's sold out online, I still think I was being cheated.
    Do I have a case if they become avaiable again?
    Heck yes, you was cheated, they cheat everyone, sue them before they go out of business!
    12-07-11 05:18 PM
    Now 64GB is offically back on bestbuy websit, am totally cheated. Am going to call them ask for one at �229 which they cancelled my order due to no more stock. Not as if I want to buy anything from them again, but it's just my consumer right to do so.
    12-18-11 03:37 AM
    Called bestbuy, at first the operator said it seems to be an update product????? WTF??? so they show different price, I told them not possible. And then she claim there's no avaiable and the website is wrong, bah bah bah!
    Anyway, guess the answer is don't buy from bestbuy again!
    12-18-11 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD