I want to pick up a Playbook but would like the 64gig model. Can't seem to find that anywhere in any of my local stores. Any suggestions? Where did you get yours.

Thanks.
    04-21-11 07:17 AM
    Yeah, I had the same problem here, when Staples started dropping the ball on pre-orders, I tried to find a 64 and could not. You may have order online.
    04-21-11 07:22 AM
    got mine at office depot.. good luck
    04-21-11 07:23 AM
    Dude they are hard to find.
    I bought a 64 gig and was darn lucky; it was the only one the office depot In my area had, and no other retailer carried anything but 16 gig.

I called all local retailers (and those out to a 75 mile radius according to Verizon navigator and google) the minute their doors opened; they all carried 16 gig only.

Just so happened my office depot got in their playbook shipment the morning of the 19th, and it was all 16 gigs, "a couple of 32's" and one 64 (d'oh!)

Fearing it would be gone by the time I got off work, I told them I would be right there, left work and snagged it.

I am not happy with the many things RIM did on this release tho I love the playbook itself. I think they were in a hurry so they weren't too far behind the competition, so they produced mostly the less expensive models to boost sales and left off a few things that will come in time.

Like the coveted bbm feature on bridge... Two month delay (!!!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 07:26 AM
    I had a hard time as well. i had it preordered in store at multiple places but i am still waiting to hear back from them. I couldn't even find any 32Gb versions within 50 miles. I finally found one at Office Depot. They were well stocked with all three sizes.
    04-21-11 07:27 AM
    Office Depot has a small amount per store, hit or miss. I preordered from Staples and I also ordered one from Wireless Giant as a backup to my staples preorder. Wireless Giant delivered on the 19th and I ordered it on the 16th. Staples delivered it on the 20th and I ordered it on 3/22. I sold my other 64GB to a friend of mine that could not find one in the stores as well.

Good Luck
    04-21-11 07:28 AM
    Ordered online from Staples 4/15, originally said delivery by 4/28, on 4/18 order "reset" and now says delivery by 4/22, tracking says it is on its way from Dallas via the tender mercies of UPS. We'll see.
    04-21-11 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD