I was just able to backorder one online. I also got an estimated date of arrival of November 19th. I can wait, I am in no hurry since I already have a 32 GB. I just couldn't pass it up at this price and I have been wanting to upgrade to a 64 GB. Merry Christmas to me! I will just hand over the 32 to my kids. My 14 yo will be thrilled as his iPod Touch has recently taken a crap and he can't play his games anymore.

How are you able to order an out of stock items. Is it being shipped to you or to the store.
    11-12-12 03:56 PM
    I was able to backorder by adding one to my cart via this page- playbook - Search at Office Depot I'll get charged when it finally ships (office depot is saying Nov. 19 for me as well)
    11-12-12 04:07 PM
    For those of you trying to place a backorder online, don't expect it to go through. I tried this back in October had waited through the 15-20 day period initially stated. Fortunately I ended up grabbing one in a Dallas location when I was over there last week. When I went in the store, they had a clearance tag out for the PB.
    11-12-12 04:25 PM
    I was waiting for this to happen because I saw that $189 price tag was set to expire yesterday. Woke up this morning and saw the new pricing. I am very tempted to get one, but wondering if there are going to be any black friday deals that will drop the pricing even more from Office Depot.
    Sadly it is cheapskate consumers such as you that Research In Motion made a flawed decision to pursue in the first place. The company has suffered greatly because of the follies of Mike and Jim during the declining years of the company. For CAD/USD149.00 to buy a 64GB WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook you are getting a 79% discount off the original launch day pricing. Yet you moan about the odds of getting further discounts? Yeah, Mike and Jim were so smart to court your type of consumer by manufacturing a premium-grade tablet for the "I want the new toy, mommy!" crowd.
    11-12-12 04:59 PM
    Again, as with all tech, the longer you wait the better deal you'll get.
    Unless they are all gone.
    11-12-12 05:00 PM
    When I went in the store, they had a clearance tag out for the PB.
    There has been a continuous clearance sale of this tablet since about month six after its release in April 2011. A sad commentary on the marketing strategy of Research In Motion. Let's hope BlackBerry 10 marks the beginning of a turnaround. In the meantime, hanging some garlic over your front door seems wise.
    11-12-12 05:03 PM
    Sadly it is cheapskate consumers such as you that Research In Motion made a flawed decision to pursue in the first place. The company has suffered greatly because of the follies of Mike and Jim during the declining years of the company. For CAD/USD149.00 to buy a 64GB WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook you are getting a 79% discount off the original launch day pricing. Yet you moan about the odds of getting further discounts? Yeah, Mike and Jim were so smart to court your type of consumer by manufacturing a premium-grade tablet for the "I want the new toy, mommy!" crowd.
    Why not hope you can get a device that will soon be replaced by an upgraded model for a cheaper price? Do you think everyone should just shell out the original price of around $700?
    11-12-12 09:07 PM
    "they was" ... "I is ..."

Yeesh. Does anyone speak proper English these days?
    11-12-12 09:13 PM
    Yeah, Mike and Jim were so smart to court your type of consumer by manufacturing a premium-grade tablet for the "I want the new toy, mommy!" crowd.
    And yet Mike and Jim can always put "created multi-billion dollar company from nothing" on their resume. What does yours say?
    middbrew, Kandoo-BB and 00stryder like this.
    11-12-12 09:15 PM
    "they was" ... "I is ..."

Yeesh. Does anyone speak proper English these days?
    Yes, I do.

Or should I say: Yes, I does?
    RubberChicken76 and Kandoo-BB like this.
    11-12-12 09:27 PM
    You can call me any name you want, but the last time I check you will never be in charge of how I spend my money. If I want to hold out for a better deal then so be it as it is my right to. RIMM has already wrote off their playbook inventory, so it is not like RIMM is going to make money off of the purchase of these discounted playbooks.
    adi_vastava, dee. and Kandoo-BB like this.
    11-12-12 09:32 PM
    If only funds are available. I need a replacement, my current one is gone.
    11-13-12 12:22 AM
    So now no delivery date on my order -- "pending".

Maybe it ships, maybe it doesn't....
    11-13-12 11:13 AM
    So now no delivery date on my order -- "pending".

Maybe it ships, maybe it doesn't....
    +1 hopefully it does.
    11-13-12 11:55 AM
    Woo-hoo! Picked mine up last night
    11-13-12 12:26 PM
    Why not hope you can get a device that will soon be replaced by an upgraded model for a cheaper price? Do you think everyone should just shell out the original price of around $700?
    The original BlackBerry PlayBook can handle BlackBerry OS 10 and is not obsolete in terms of capability. That is not to say the tablet should not have been equipped with a realistic 2-4GB RAM given the graphically-intensive UI of the tablet, and the ever-present BlackBerry Android Player subsystem. There is no updated model aside from the 4G/LTE/WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook.
    11-13-12 01:47 PM
    You can call me any name you want, but the last time I check you will never be in charge of how I spend my money. If I want to hold out for a better deal then so be it as it is my right to. RIMM has already wrote off their playbook inventory, so it is not like RIMM is going to make money off of the purchase of these discounted playbooks.
    I was not calling you any names although I apologize for the interpreted implication. I'd like a CAD20.00 military-grade Hummer but let's be realistic it ain't gonna happen. If you want a USD50.00 64GB BlackBerry PlayBook look to CraigsList for a plethora of stolen merchandise.
    11-13-12 01:51 PM
    Right now the worst that happens is my back-order doesn't ship, I'm not out any money till Office Depot ships. In the mean time I can continue to look around and if I actually manage to find one- grab it and cancel the back-order. Otherwise my current 64gb Playbook is a great little device and just lacks usb otg to completely replace my laptop on trips.
    11-13-12 03:38 PM
    I was able to get the 64GB PlayBook yesterday at OD.

Obviously the store made a decision to sell these remaining PBs at clearance prices, so no need to be calling anyone a cheapskate for buying it now if you can find one.
    11-13-12 03:56 PM
    Just spoke with one of the Live Chat reps and they said that they don't have any information about them coming back in stock. Going to call them tomorrow and see if maybe they'll ship one from a store that has it in stock to me. (None within several hours of me have any left)
    11-16-12 07:58 PM
    These are phase out/discontinue items. Back order does not mean guarantee stock. I'LL keep my eyes open for Black Friday sales next week. Most might just have a few unit available on front page flyer as lost lead to lure customers to make other purchases.
    11-16-12 10:42 PM
    Glad this was posted 'cause I was able to grab one from a local OD that still had three left! Should've gotten two (kicking myself). Sales person suggested calling store before BF (Wednesday) to check if any have come in since warehouses will be clearing stock. Also said it's up to each store mgr if he/she will ship any to another store for a customer regardless of how close a store is. Drat!
    11-17-12 05:08 AM
    And yet Mike and Jim can always put "created multi-billion dollar company from nothing" on their resume. What does yours say?
    Willie E. Coyote - Genius Sorry I could not resist the temptation.
    11-17-12 04:16 PM
    Right now the worst that happens is my back-order doesn't ship, I'm not out any money till Office Depot ships. In the mean time I can continue to look around and if I actually manage to find one- grab it and cancel the back-order. Otherwise my current 64gb Playbook is a great little device and just lacks usb otg to completely replace my laptop on trips.
    To what purpose do you need USB OTG for the BlackBerry PlayBook? I ask only because there might be alternative solutions and/or products capable of delivering the capability you seek.
    11-17-12 04:19 PM
    USB OTG would be useful for carrying manuals, reference books, docs, music,movies, etc that you don't want to leave on the BBPB using a flashdrive. With the Nexus 7 which has an app available even for nonrooted devices it is even possible to hook up a hard disk.. It would also be good if you could download to it.

Back to main thread, looks like I better hang on to the 32GB arriving Monday from Walmart for $149. Still a good deal although would like it to be 64 for same price.
    Last edited by jpash549; 11-17-12 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added
    Celandine likes this.
    11-17-12 11:06 PM
62 123