6 Reasons Why You Should Buy A BlackBerry PlayBook Instead Of An iPad

Why You Should Buy A BlackBerry PlayBook
    04-20-11 04:59 PM
    Agreed on all those. This thing replaces my old laptop and I only go to the pc for stuff I need on there.
    04-20-11 05:02 PM
    Are those the best reasons they could come up with?

LOL @ "Touch gestures eliminate the need for buttons". Sure this makes a device great. Even if it doesn't always work correctly.

"Web browsing is much better with tabs". I guess they didn't read the browser updates need based on actual users on her.

"Better email and security (as long as you have a BlackBerry)"

Email on blackberry isn't that great. Sure its fast but it's also truncated, watered down and no access to pop folders on BIS. Yeah that's great email. Written like a true BB fan boy that has no clue.

I just wish someone actually gives substance when saying people should choose one device over another whether it's an iPad, Xoom, GTB or PB. Give substance and not these wack reasons.
    howarmat and infamyx like this.
    04-20-11 05:08 PM
    6 Reasons Why You Should Buy A BlackBerry PlayBook Instead Of An iPad

Why You Should Buy A BlackBerry PlayBook
    do you know my twitter?! just tweeted that 10 mins ago haha
    04-20-11 05:11 PM
    Email on blackberry isn't that great. Sure its fast but it's also truncated, watered down and no access to pop folders on BIS. Yeah that's great email. Written like a true BB fan boy that has no clue.
    Yeah - I'm not blown away by the email experience on the playbook - it has potential but it's way to flaky as it is now.
    04-20-11 05:16 PM
    I'd rather see a CrackBerry List of TEN Reasons the PlayBook may be the tablet for you over the iPad.... I'll start with the first one...

1. Greater Portability...
    04-20-11 05:20 PM
    I'd rather see a CrackBerry List of TEN Reasons the PlayBook may be the tablet for you over the iPad.... I'll start with the first one...

2. Don't need iTunes. Syncing and copying files is a breeze to and from the PB.
    04-20-11 05:22 PM
    3. Presenter mode...
    04-20-11 05:23 PM

You just mentioned my biggest rap against the iPad, Kevin. It's simply too heavy to hold for more than a moment or two. I know, because I've played around with iPads more than a couple of times.
    04-20-11 05:26 PM
    4. it IS a post PC device, no pc activation required to start it (itunes)
    04-20-11 05:29 PM
    Love the first comment, shame "I could find 600 reasons why I should buy iPad 2 instead of Playbook."
    You're one of those guys that are going to end up on a lot of peoples ignore lists

You repeat the same nonsense in every thread in the PB section.

Really...what is your very reason for being so pathetic?

One or two posts of unhappiness...is ok...posting in every thread the same redundant crap! You're pathetic!
    04-20-11 05:33 PM
    5. Ability to bridge to BB phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 05:36 PM
    6. Java & Flash!
    04-20-11 05:38 PM
    #7) SUPERIOR OS!!!!!! Woohoo!

The dawn of a new era....with RIM ushering in a mobile computing/communications OS that reigns supreme!

I'm like a teen age boy who just touched his first boob!.........and I'm ok with that!!!!!!
    04-20-11 05:39 PM
    I went to Best Buy and played with a Playbook and an iPad. Never used either tablet until today. While the lack of apps IS a downside (loves me some Netflix, Pandora, Twitter and Facebook), it doesn't take much imagination to see where this is going, and how insanely great the phones will be when QNX is on the device (business customers won't be going anywhere.)

Playbook kills the iPad on video quality, sound quality, browser, multi-tasking and navigation. The gesture thing is amazing, simple and crazy intuitive. Reaching for a home button on the iPad and running one app at a time seemed --- so much like OLD Blackberry!

Of course, iPad KILLS Playbook on apps --- but the web versions of gmail and Facebook looked just fine. Almost app-like.

NOTE: Hulu has apparently figured out how to block content on the Playbook. Sometimes I got video, sometimes I got a message that Blackberry wasn't supported by Hulu. Bastards.

But the browser experience was excellent overall.

I was able to get Blackberry bridge to work on the store demo with my 8900 and I noticed a slight bit of lag, but not like vnc or logmein.com. Very acceptable. I thought to myself that it was nice to know that my email would not be left on an in-store demo unit. If I used this in a business environment, the playbook could be shared by a department. At home, I could leave it out for everyone to use without concern that my personal email would be available for all to see.

Which gets us back to the iPad. I opened the browser and someone left her business email (outlook online) on the iPad AT THE STORE. This person worked at a hospital and the potential liability of sensitive information being left on an iPad at a STORE is simply breath-taking.

This kind of boneheadedness is why IT folks are going to prefer the BB approach for security. When I saw this, the BB approach suddenly made perfect sense.

If you buy it now, you'll only enjoy it more in a few months when apps, BBM, 3g and 4g come online.
    04-20-11 06:09 PM
    If you get a taste of Need for Speed and what the PB can do with native sdk then apps will come soon. there is nothing the PB can't do that the iPad can. Just need game developers.
    04-20-11 06:28 PM
    I went to Best Buy and played with a Playbook and an iPad. Never used either tablet until today. While the lack of apps IS a downside (loves me some Netflix, Pandora, Twitter and Facebook), it doesn't take much imagination to see where this is going, and how insanely great the phones will be when QNX is on the device (business customers won't be going anywhere.)

Playbook kills the iPad on video quality, sound quality, browser, multi-tasking and navigation. The gesture thing is amazing, simple and crazy intuitive. Reaching for a home button on the iPad and running one app at a time seemed --- so much like OLD Blackberry!

Of course, iPad KILLS Playbook on apps --- but the web versions of gmail and Facebook looked just fine. Almost app-like.

NOTE: Hulu has apparently figured out how to block content on the Playbook. Sometimes I got video, sometimes I got a message that Blackberry wasn't supported by Hulu. Bastards.

But the browser experience was excellent overall.

I was able to get Blackberry bridge to work on the store demo with my 8900 and I noticed a slight bit of lag, but not like vnc or logmein.com. Very acceptable. I thought to myself that it was nice to know that my email would not be left on an in-store demo unit. If I used this in a business environment, the playbook could be shared by a department. At home, I could leave it out for everyone to use without concern that my personal email would be available for all to see.

Which gets us back to the iPad. I opened the browser and someone left her business email (outlook online) on the iPad AT THE STORE. This person worked at a hospital and the potential liability of sensitive information being left on an iPad at a STORE is simply breath-taking.

This kind of boneheadedness is why IT folks are going to prefer the BB approach for security. When I saw this, the BB approach suddenly made perfect sense.

If you buy it now, you'll only enjoy it more in a few months when apps, BBM, 3g and 4g come online.
    I agree with you, big time. When Netflix and Pandora are working well on the PB (hopefully in their FIRST iteration), that's when I'll seriously consider buying one, provided the big bugaboos are squashed by then.

"love me some.." reminds me of Bud Bundy!
    04-20-11 06:32 PM
    8. Divx playback!
    04-20-11 06:32 PM
    #7) SUPERIOR OS!!!!!! Woohoo!

The dawn of a new era....with RIM ushering in a mobile computing/communications OS that reigns supreme!

I'm like a teen age boy who just touched his first boob!.........and I'm ok with that!!!!!!
    Superior OS? How so?
    04-20-11 06:41 PM
    9. Multitasking and application switching

So much nicer to use than the tacked on clunkiness you get from ios.
    04-20-11 06:43 PM
    9. HDMI sans adapter.
    04-20-11 06:48 PM
    4. it IS a post PC device, no pc activation required to start it (itunes)
    Yeah, unless the updates bricks the device. This happened to me on the first Playbook I bought and the mostly useless RIM helpdesk told me to plug it into Desktop Manager. Still didn't work. Exchanged for another - same thing on the first software update! Although this time, plugging it into DM actually fixed it.
    04-20-11 06:53 PM
    10. WiFi File Transfer
    04-20-11 07:01 PM
    pr0n!!!
    04-20-11 07:24 PM
    Lighter and easier to hold?
    Hmmm...the tablet for carpal tunnel sufferers. There's a marketing angle.
    04-20-11 07:30 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD