OK so I purchased my first PlayBook (16G) when they first came out and love it so much that I got one for my grirlfriend and two more for my kids as XMass presents (32G). I got them all setup with their own accounts / and Blackberry ID's.

The fifth one, 64G is going to be for my own use as well, I couldnt resist getting a 2nd on sale at bestBuy for $299.

The question, does anyone know if uou can use the same account/Blackberry ID on separate devices? I am thinking not but thought I'd check in here first before I set up the new device tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
    thymaster likes this.
    01-19-12 03:38 PM
    I think you can.
    I read in the threads that it's been done.
    You just won't be able to video chat between these 2 PBs obviously.
    01-19-12 03:41 PM
    Same Blackberry ID on up to devices
    01-19-12 03:48 PM
    Same Blackberry ID on up to devices
    How many devices?
    01-19-12 03:53 PM
    ...... So it sounds like i will be able to use the same Blackberri ID on two different devices and the only drawback would be not being able to use video chat between the two, I can live with that if it means I can download and use the apps I already purchased/have on the 16G ... not that I want to rip any developers off.

T
    01-19-12 04:34 PM
    ...... So it sounds like i will be able to use the same Blackberri ID on two different devices and the only drawback would be not being able to use video chat between the two, I can live with that if it means I can download and use the apps I already purchased/have on the 16G ... not that I want to rip any developers off.

T
    Your understanding is correct. If you want to reset your ID for any of them it will require a security wipe to do it. Last tip is when you setup with the same ID, go to appworld, my world, uninstalled and you will see the list of apps you have installed on that bb account.

Goodluck.
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    01-19-12 04:42 PM
    Your understanding is correct. If you want to reset your ID for any of them it will require a security wipe to do it. Last tip is when you setup with the same ID, go to appworld, my world, uninstalled and you will see the list of apps you have installed on that bb account.

Goodluck.
    ..... Not seeing the apps in myworld 'installed' may have thrown me off for a bit, but it makes sense that they would not show up until reinstalled on the new device.

Thanks
    01-19-12 04:49 PM
    If you had installed apps on that account there is another tab called uninstalled, right beside the installed tab.
    01-19-12 04:59 PM
    I think you can.
    I read in the threads that it's been done.
    You just won't be able to video chat between these 2 PBs obviously.
    what happens if someone sends him a video chat request and both PB's with the same BBID are up and running. will that trigger a 3 way chat (both PB's with the same user ID + the PB that initiated the chat) ?
    01-19-12 10:14 PM
    what happens if someone sends him a video chat request and both PB's with the same BBID are up and running. will that trigger a 3 way chat (both PB's with the same user ID + the PB that initiated the chat) ?
    Interesting thought. That would be cool. I'd like to know if that's possible or true.
    01-19-12 11:02 PM
    Fifth PlayBook???? Well.............

01-19-12 11:07 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, you can have up to 5 devices with the same BBID.
    01-19-12 11:10 PM
    Fifth PlayBook???? Well.............

Click to view quoted image
    Hey Barskin.... is that you bobbin your head 6 rows back?
    barskin likes this.
    01-19-12 11:12 PM
    Hey Barskin.... is that you bobbin your head 6 rows back?
    You've got a good eye, babe!
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-19-12 11:22 PM
    You got good taste in electronics my friend. I have tried using my BBID on my friends PB and it works fine.
    01-20-12 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD