I ordered a 32 Gig PB March 25 with the $50 off coupon and a personal $15 off coupon. So far no cancellation notice, knock in wood. If they pull any of the coupons from my order they can kiss my money good-bye. It never occurred to me to buy it from staples in the first place - like someone said earlier Futureshop or Bestbuy would have been my first choice. I think it was brilliant marketing on their part to get people to buy from them - people will also now, very likely, buy PB accessories from Staples which have a way greater margin and would allow them to make up for the $50 coupon. If they pull the coupon I for sure will make sure that my hard earned money will not go into Staples coffers. It will leave many angry potential customers who I am sure will spread the word.....

my 2 cents

AR
    03-29-11 11:53 AM
    Loonix,

I did the same at the same date...getting $65 off was major incentive to ordering from Staples. I highly doubt that they would cancel orders. They would lose more than that from my business as I would shift my companies orders to their competitor in town.

It would be a bad business decision for them - so I highly doubt it.
    03-29-11 12:15 PM
    The last thing RIM wanted was these being sold at a discount before they even hit the market, but given that a percentage of cancelled orders will not come back might be worth getting them in users hands ?
    03-29-11 12:27 PM
    I cancelled my pre-order yesturday with staples after weighting out the pros and cons of getting the WIFI only version or waiting for 4G based on what works for my life style. After reading this, i'm glad i did. I had not recieved an e-mail yet regarding the coupon that I used. But it sounds like a headache. If I do end up changing my mind by release date, i'm sure I can walk into any futureshop or best buy and pick one up.
    03-29-11 12:37 PM
    I've used promo coupons with the PlayBook, but not that $50 one, and my pre-order has not been cancelled yet.
    03-29-11 12:43 PM
    Where is a coupon for us Americans to use? That is not fare that we don't have one for us! Gee - what a surprise
    03-29-11 01:53 PM
    If you have not received notification of your $50 coupon being pulled, then your are good
    Staples is honouring some of its $50 off coupons!
    For the ones they are not honouring, they have contacted those people already!
    So if you havent heard anything from Staples - You're good to go! Congrats on saving $50!
    03-29-11 08:02 PM
    I ordered on the 24th with the $50 coupon ...so far no cancellation
    03-29-11 08:17 PM
    Staple has psoted on there website now that no coupons will be allowed to be used for pre orders of Playbook. I wonder if i wait till it is inthe store if i can use it then?
    03-30-11 11:08 AM
    The Staples rep told me that this was an error and no coupons will be accepted for the PlayBook, either online or in-store. We probably won't see a price drop until the PlayBook2 comes out next year.
    03-30-11 11:12 AM
    Just got this coupon by email and it seems their coupons now specifically exclude the PB

(Coupon not applicable on BlackBerry� PlayBook™ Pre-Orders.)

AR
    03-30-11 11:49 AM
    Just got this coupon by email and it seems their coupons now specifically exclude the PB

AR
    I wonder if it applies to ALL coupons... I just checked with staples... my coupons (50$ off went through) I ordered on monday and applied coupon (via phone) on tuesday last week...

I signed up for the staples business newsletter and i got a few more online coupons.... tempted to try it.... but i already got my 50$ off.. =)
    03-30-11 02:45 PM
    The only coupons that now appear to work are the ones you receive for their EasyRewards program, which have no conditions on them. Too bad, as they were stackable upon the $ 50 coupon that just got pulled.
    03-30-11 04:04 PM
    cheap!!! ... how much do you think it really cost to mass produce a play book? 150 bucks ????????????
    03-30-11 05:51 PM
    The Staples rep told me that this was an error and no coupons will be accepted for the PlayBook, either online or in-store. We probably won't see a price drop until the PlayBook2 comes out next year.
    Do you think even if you wait till it is in stores? Right now everyone is saying pre order . I wonder about once it is available
    03-30-11 07:18 PM
    Darn... Just got an email from Staples.ca that "This retail coupon offer valued at $50.00 is not applicable and cannot be used towards the purchase of any Blackberry Playbook , it is intended to be used for laptops and tablets."

I may end up lining up (if there is one) on the midnight of the 19th....
    04-01-11 02:49 PM
    , it is intended to be used for laptops and tablets."
    Ok, so Staples doesn't consider the Playbook to be a tablet??
    04-01-11 02:54 PM
    I guess Staples.ca thinks the Playbook is not a tablet, even though Staples.com lists it in their "Tablet Centre"

Tablet Center, Information, Research and Reviews on Tablets, Tablet PCs, Staples | Staples.com�

Epic fail, Staples.
    04-01-11 03:34 PM
    Hey, sorry to bother you folks here but if anyone isn't using there staples $50 off laptop code if they signed up for that easy rewards thing, then I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    04-01-11 07:59 PM
    For all the people who were informed that the 50$ coupon was no longer valid, did Staples charge the full amount to your credit card right away? Or you would have paid for the playbook on pick-up?
    04-01-11 08:07 PM
    I am still fighting with them Staples on this one. I am so annoyed! Stupid staples. If it is not a valid coupon, why was it accepted? Why are they telling us a WEEK later (for me) you can't use the coupon?

Then they replied and gave me a lame excuse that it says on the web page "coupons are not applicable for playbook"

But they changed that AFTER I ordered.
    I asked them if i should check back on their website every day to see if they have added any more words to the playbook web page?

They lured the customers with coupons and then canceled them a week later. I think they should be reported to the Competition Bureau and Better Business Bureau of Canada.

Competition Bureau - Misleading Advertising and Labelling

Complaints - Canadian BBB

EDIT: this was someones comment on another forum: "If they refuse my coupons, i'm going to let it ship at full price, open it and then return it after i'm done testing it out. If I like it, i'm going to buy from somewhere else out of spite."
    Last edited by doug1010; 04-01-11 at 08:33 PM.
    04-01-11 08:30 PM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD