According to this https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...60458/?lang=en

This app can turn your 4G playbook into a hotspot, but it doesn't work for me unfortunately....

I hope you guys have better luck than me.
    12-18-12 03:49 PM
    It's a silly Android port and will never work for turning your PlayBook into a 4G HotSpot. The way in which Android is implemented doesn't allow for such options to even be enabled. RIM really needs to address this issues with incompatible apps being advertised but alas, it's an ongoing issue that's not likely to stop anytime soon until someone raises the issue in a big way. It's even worse when it comes to Android apps that have been ported not by Android developers w/o the real developers knowledge. The Android app player is one of RIM's best and worst ideas ever.
    12-18-12 04:05 PM
    It's a silly Android port and will never work for turning your PlayBook into a 4G HotSpot.
    I use the Free version of Connectify to create a Hotspot but this is using my Win 7 Laptop.

They say the paid version can be used with 3G and 4G devices, but I have not investigated just how.

The Internet, Faster - Connectify Hotspot and Dispatch

Reading further, it may be that they are talking about 3G/4G cards on a Windows computer.
    12-18-12 07:12 PM
    It's a silly Android port and will never work for turning your PlayBook into a 4G HotSpot. The way in which Android is implemented doesn't allow for such options to even be enabled. RIM really needs to address this issues with incompatible apps being advertised but alas, it's an ongoing issue that's not likely to stop anytime soon until someone raises the issue in a big way. It's even worse when it comes to Android apps that have been ported not by Android developers w/o the real developers knowledge. The Android app player is one of RIM's best and worst ideas ever.
    Channeling Charles Dickens and a Tale of Two Cities?
    David in Durham likes this.
    12-18-12 08:29 PM
    Its a Handster app, so you should expect those to not work/be crap. I still can't comprehend why RIM lets them flood our App World like nobody's business.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 12-18-12 at 09:23 PM.
    12-18-12 09:09 PM