I still don't see where that 550 dollar price tag came from. Must have been a really old slide.
    07-31-12 08:41 AM
    Well, whenever they do decide to release it, I hope they sell a lot of them. But, personally, I'll take 2.1 (as previously mentioned) for my PlayBook and keep it moving.
    sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    07-31-12 09:28 AM
    I think you'd have to be nuts to buy this.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-31-12 10:28 AM
    LOL. Well, you won't find many nuts on here.

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    07-31-12 11:16 AM
    You'd also have to be a magician - as it is all smoke and mirrors.
    07-31-12 11:18 AM
    So... Are we all just about ready to admit this was a scam?

Hah.. Those of us more wise never believed it in the first place.
    07-31-12 03:46 PM
    OP first congrats on return of hockey to Winnipeg!
    Secondly is there any other updates about the date of release for the 4G device?
    Unfortunately no, but ill try to keep you guys posted although I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything new as I'm starting to think all this was bs. Hopefully RIM proves me wrong though.
    07-31-12 05:29 PM
    **Update**

Apparently Rogers locations are now receiving "Playbook Security" clear boxes and will be guarded under heavy security so this maybe is another Indicator that the Playbook 4G launch is just around the corner. Also Rogers will be selling it for $549.95 outright and $349.99 on a 3-year contract (pretty expensive on a 3 year IMO). Also the launch date has now been moved to August 8 or 9 which is next week according to the source.

Source: Rogers locations now receiving boxes labelled with "PLAYBOOK SECURITY" | MobileSyrup.com
    08-01-12 01:21 PM
    Why the is rogers selling it for that much? Holy wackos!! Lol
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-01-12 04:13 PM
    Why the is rogers selling it for that much? Holy wackos!! Lol
    Well its Rogers and they do this with every product at launch. First they overprice the product then bring it back down to the "right price" a week or 2 later and call it a sale or promo price.
    08-01-12 05:24 PM
    **Update**

Apparently Rogers locations are now receiving "Playbook Security" clear boxes and will be guarded under heavy security so this maybe is another Indicator that the Playbook 4G launch is just around the corner. Also Rogers will be selling it for $549.95 outright and $349.99 on a 3-year contract (pretty expensive on a 3 year IMO). Also the launch date has now been moved to August 8 or 9 which is next week according to the source.

Source: Rogers locations now receiving boxes labelled with "PLAYBOOK SECURITY" | MobileSyrup.com
    This is fake. A friend of mine who's a Rogers franchisee has not received any such memo from Rogers, nor has Rogers posted anything on their systems which is only privy to franchisee's. I feel the same site who duped you over the Bell memo of that launch on July 31st is doing the same thing again...

Avoid them at all cost!
    Last edited by smoothrunnings; 08-01-12 at 05:58 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-01-12 05:56 PM
    I'll be in Canada tomorrow. Maybe I can sneak a peek!
    08-01-12 06:16 PM
    This is fake. A friend of mine who's a Rogers franchisee has not received any such memo from Rogers, nor has Rogers posted anything on their systems which is only privy to franchisee's. I feel the same site who duped you over the Bell memo of that launch on July 31st is doing the same thing again...

Avoid them at all cost!
    Maybe this is part of a plan to make Rim look worse - keeps missing these supposed release dates.
    antiRIM and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-12 06:18 PM
    Maybe this is part of a plan to make Rim look worse - keeps missing these supposed release dates.
    As much as I wish to think that the media isn't that smart, this makes ALOT of sense.
    08-01-12 06:41 PM
    I'll be in Canada tomorrow. Maybe I can sneak a peek!
    Should we warn our beavers? LoL
    08-01-12 06:50 PM
    WAY far across the continent - Victoria. You and your beavers are safe.
    08-01-12 09:05 PM
    Short sellers?
    08-02-12 09:07 AM

Avoid them at all cost!
    I guess it was true after all
    08-02-12 09:59 AM
168 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD