I might consider it, but due to my financial constraints, I might not be able to get one and sell my 16GB playbook.
    There is no guarantee the prototype 4G 16GB Playbooks will work with OS 2.1. The newer PB might have a different communications design than the old ones (which were scrapped remember).
    07-26-12 12:51 PM
    The first purchasers will be commercial and gov't users before retail sales.
    And why would the governments of modern nations buy a playbook ??? For the mail and calendar ???

Anyway, for end users even at 200 $ it would not be worth it. Especially considering the price of data plans. And if you absolutely need data, you already have a phone anyway so...
    07-26-12 01:00 PM
    And why would the governments of modern nations buy a playbook ??? For the mail and calendar ???

Anyway, for end users even at 200 $ it would not be worth it. Especially considering the price of data plans. And if you absolutely need data, you already have a phone anyway so...
    Because even at $200 any 4G LTE tablet that you buy will require you to buy a data plan for it. Data is not free you know?
    07-26-12 01:08 PM
    If you look at the pictures in the auction it's clear that this is just a regular 16GB WiFi PlayBook.
    Yeah, he's just trying to sell it quick. It might have hardware issues. Or he doesn't know how to restore it.
    07-26-12 01:20 PM
    Guys are you sure about all this? Don't think that they leak all the information on the web. Bet they introduce a 10 inch version with 720p display.
    07-26-12 02:20 PM
    I'm really struggeling to see a reason for having a 4G PB considering how expensive data plans have gotten. Usually you have a phone with a data plan already. That might be just interesting for people that don't want a BB phone, or if you have plenty of money.
    For the ones that don't want or have a BB phone, they usually don't want a PB either.
    07-26-12 03:07 PM
    Nice it comes out on my bday woohooo
    07-26-12 04:02 PM
    So will there be early adopters of this one or are people being a bit more cautious?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-12 04:48 PM
    So will there be early adopters of this one or are people being a bit more cautious?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    Not an early adopter - not an adopter at all. No additional data plan for this guy!
    07-26-12 06:48 PM
    I will consider it since now that AT&T is going to be introducing a shared data plan similar to Verizon. I could use the 4G LTE for my emails and to be able to use the Remote Desktop App to access my office PC.
    07-26-12 07:06 PM
    Give us just 2.1 and keep the 4g.
    luqman24 likes this.
    07-27-12 06:10 AM
    RIM is to release a major bit of new kit in 4 days but there has been no marketing? That tells me either:

The release date is bogus,
    They don't want to tell anyone,
    The Marketing department is still incompetent.
    I'll pick option c.

Tho' whether PB4G arrives or not is of little concern to me, except in what it may indicate about how soon I'll get OS2.1 on my PB.

Even RIM wouldn't be dumb enough to release the 4G without OS2.1 on... would they?
    07-27-12 06:46 AM
    I'll pick option c.

Tho' whether PB4G arrives or not is of little concern to me, except in what it may indicate about how soon I'll get OS2.1 on my PB.

Even RIM wouldn't be dumb enough to release the 4G without OS2.1 on... would they?
    Oh, Jeep, jeep, jeep..... You have a lot to learn!
    JeepBB, BlazorBoy, bodjor and 1 others like this.
    07-27-12 09:24 AM
    "...Was expecting at most $399 Did RIM learn NOTHING about their origional PlayBook's price ..."

The quoted alleged document was a Bell corp. doc. not RIM and even now months after RIM came to their senses with realistic pricepoints, BlackBerry - PlayBook Price - BlackBerry Tablet Price - Buy BlackBerry PlayBook - Canada ,
    'Rogers' another isp reseller (similiar in stature to bell) is still scalping at $700 for the 64gb http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...511-_-playbook , when the majority of other vendors are in line with the RIM msrp.

Soooo if ya like to run into the first reseller offering whatever, for whatever $$ they initially ask go for it . . .
    07-28-12 12:07 AM
    Why would you buy a PB 4G LTE when you get the Nexus 7 pretty much everything (except for the OS) for half the price?
    Maybe just maybe not everyone is interested in getting a Nexus?
    It's called having a choice.

Trying to compare the Nexus 7 to a Blackberry Playbook doesn't make sense either.
    Imo you should compare a Nexus 7 to a Kindle Fire on price and features.

On a side note: I do hope RIM will postpone the 4G version till after BB10 actually comes out. BB10 should have to be priority number one!!
    07-28-12 08:15 AM
    Give us just 2.1 and keep the 4g.

Hey i second that.

I hate to say but if the wifi playbook isnt quite yet up to snuff, neither will the lte radio enabled tablet. Just keep working on the OS and adding features RIM, and quit spreading your resources thin by branching out to new projects! Just concentrate on each project until you have got it right.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-28-12 12:07 PM
    The fact that RIM is not advertising at all makes me feel they don't expect any success on the LTE version. It will be just a pilot for BB10
    07-28-12 01:24 PM
    Aww, launching the 4g PB on my birthday? How sweet of RIM. Maybe they'll mail me one? ;D

...if not, a sort of BB10 pre-release will do. Contact me for my address for mailing or PB info for sending me the BB10 OS. Much love, RIM.
    07-28-12 08:44 PM
    RIM is to release a major bit of new kit in 4 days but there has been no marketing? That tells me either:

The release date is bogus,
    They don't want to tell anyone,
    The Marketing department is still incompetent.
    There is no mutual exclusivity with the enumerated reasons so none, one, two, or three of the listed reasons could be valid at the same time. The meaning of 'OR' in English is inclusive rather than the more restrictive exclusive-or 'XOR' which applies more often than not in mathematics given particular conditions. This lesson in grammar and logic brought to you by the letters 'O', 'R', and 'X', and Seasame Street.
    07-29-12 12:27 AM
    The suggested price is usually way too high and should be corrected downwards.

So I'd relax and see what's heading our way. Certainly under new lead they'll make sure that they make the introduction phase as smooth as possible. Price can't be higher than any iPad equivalent in my opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-29-12 12:45 AM
    i honestly cant see that many people buying the new playbook. Not much has changed and for that price its outrageous
    07-29-12 10:52 AM
    give it about a month or so it will be down to about 199.00 lol
    07-29-12 10:53 AM
    So $615 with tax. Hmm� no thanks
    07-29-12 07:07 PM
    OP first congrats on return of hockey to Winnipeg!
    Secondly is there any other updates about the date of release for the 4G device?
    luqman24 likes this.
    07-29-12 07:12 PM
    So... Are we all just about ready to admit this was a scam?

07-31-12 08:11 AM
168 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD