If you were marketing the new unanounced PB to some of your friends, would you say it is cutting edge?

And if BGR, or Gizmodo, or you were to review 4G Playbook for an online, neutral blog, would they say its cutting edge or not? Unlike wifi PB launch, its got an email client, top-notch radio, a speed bump, but same display, dualcore, no BBM...
    08-01-12 02:42 PM
    And very good question from a marketing standpoint. I'll throw back the question and ask instead - do you need to market it as cutting edge? Is there a marketing strategy that RIM can use to bypass the need to call it cutting edge and still wow the crap and cash out of consumers and businesses?
    08-01-12 02:58 PM
    It's not quite cutting edge, but it should perform quite well. I'm not sure how well it will sell though.

BGR would rip it to shreds - unless you stuck an Apple logo on it and told them it was an iPad mini.
    08-01-12 02:58 PM
    You need to define what cutting edge means to you.... If you look at hardware... probably not.... outside of a faster processor and having cell capability... not sure if it has NFC.... that being the case... probably not cutting edge... As for software.... well again it is how you perceive cutting edge..... untils BB10 shows... the Playbook is still using the same OS from last year.... so hardly what we would call cutting edge... so to me it is not.... Overalll for me thought it still is... compared to my Ipad and HP Touchpad.... I still consider the Playbook cutting edge as for me it does more for me that the competion doe.... aqain my personal experience only......
    08-01-12 03:02 PM
    Not until BB10! 13:37 Baby!
    08-01-12 03:06 PM
    I dont think so, a device that has edges that can cut you wont be deemed safe
    08-01-12 03:16 PM
    No chance
    But maybe... Soon? *yawn*
    08-01-12 03:33 PM
    I think 4G tablets are not worth the extra price the mobile carriers charge for them. I just use the mobile hotspot on my phone with my tablets.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-01-12 06:53 PM
    Not until BB10! 13:37 Baby!
    this is software. If BB10 is as good as they say, relatively bug-free, and EVER RELEASED TO CUSTOMERS, yes, this would make it a great tablet from a software perspective.

Now the hardware....1200 x 600, dual core. Is this cutting edge?

a tech company like RIM not releasing cutting edge products, when competing with Apple and Google, is pretty much committing suicide on its own.

So BB10 is late, yes, but did they catch up hardware-wise?
    08-01-12 09:24 PM
    4G PlayBook is going to be awesome. I have to get one of those asap!
    08-01-12 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD