Ok I finally bit the buillet and ordered a 32GB playbook. I feel that if I didn't buy it now for only $149.00 I'd never do it and feel guilty everytime I used my galaxy tab 10.1 (which my boss gave me for free). So what am I in for good and bad? Is there anything that might raise a red flag upon arrival as far as defects go? I'm looking forward to a positive experience with this, and maybe bb10 down the road? I'm excited but since I've never used a pb I'm not entirely sure, what I'm excited about.
    09-25-12 08:31 PM
    Plug it in for 8 hours as I'm sure it will be close to dead.
    No skype or netflix Apps. other wise a great tablet.
    09-25-12 08:56 PM
    Great stereo recording and speakers. Very nice video experience. Terrific camera in good lighting.

Smooth user interface. App selection can be or is weak depending on your needs. Check out AirBrowser a free file manager or Files&Folders - not free but really good.

You will NEED WIFI for setup. You can apply now for a BBID which you will need. Use an email address that you know you will have for a long time.

Check Pixels (Display Test is free) and sound. Check the cameras - video and front and back. Use the headphone jack.

Learn how to plug in the usb - too many folks force it in UPSIDEDOWN and bend the connector. Look for a deal on the rapid charger (I prefer the travel charger since it can be used with a case).

Check out the Sticky for New users at the top of this subforum.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 09:04 PM
    All of the above... Rapid Travel Charger with the magnetic end is my preference.
    User Guide Below...
    09-25-12 09:19 PM
    It is okay as far experience goes, does have flipboard, no netflix.....and a ton of other apps...but at $118.00 cheap video player and good for e-mail and internet browsing.....maybe BB10 will make it better...I sure hope so!!
    09-25-12 09:25 PM
    Yes at that price you cant go wrong you could drop that on dinner for 2 at nice restaurant.
    Enjoy your excellent purchase
    09-25-12 09:29 PM
    Make sure you check out cloud storage on Box, are they still giving 50gb free to playbook users?
    09-26-12 07:21 AM
    expect pure awesomeness.
    09-26-12 07:48 AM
    Just bought PlayBook 64GB, at these prices it would be rude not to!
    09-26-12 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD