How can I determine if 32 GB would be enough for me, or not? I'm not interested in using a Playbook for music, mostly emals and web browing ... and perhaps the occasion movie?
    Thanks
    10-10-11 07:42 PM
    How can I determine if 3 GB would be enough for me, or not? I'm not interested in using a Playbook for music, mostly emals and web browing ... and perhaps the occasion movie?
    Thanks
    if you mean 32 gb then you should be fine.
    10-10-11 07:46 PM
    There's no 3GB PlayBook, only three models, each with 1GB of RAM, having 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB of flash storage.

For your needs, it sounds like the 16GB should be fine. Of course, if you plan to put 7000 songs on it, or "occasional movie" implies having three full-length high quality HD recordings on there at once, then you'll want more...
    10-10-11 07:46 PM
    sorry for the confusion on my part ... i meant the amount of storage ... 16 / 32 / or 64 GBs.
    sounds like 16 should be ok for my needs as long i I dont load up a bunch of operas and "war and peace" length movies.
    10-10-11 08:58 PM
    sorry for the confusion on my part ... i meant the amount of storage ... 16 / 32 / or 64 GBs.
    sounds like 16 should be ok for my needs as long i I dont load up a bunch of operas and "war and peace" length movies.
    Oh, highbrow!

Or both operas and both War and peace the video and the very long opera, too!!!! (Seattle did it a few years back)

Some folks change out their music and/or videos so they make "reuse" of the space. I've got mostly classical and it does not change with the passing seasons.
    10-10-11 09:49 PM
    i say buy 64 and be sure you have enuf. you will do more with pb than you think you will now.
    10-11-11 12:14 AM
    im running on 16gb, i only save games, work files, some pictures and my actual playlist, videos or the other info is on my laptop, i dont need to carry with all my info.
    10-11-11 01:02 AM
    I've said this in various other threads. Having moved from a 16gb to 32gb to 64gb, it really depends on your use. I use it to take lots of 1080p video and so 64gb is great. If you don't have a lot of multimedia files (music, photos, and videos) and you are only using it to surf the web, take notes, etc., 16gb might be enough. The problem is that the PB doesn't have a SD card slot, and so if you only get 16 and finds that you need more later, you can't get it.
    10-11-11 01:47 AM
    I've said this in various other threads. Having moved from a 16gb to 32gb to 64gb, it really depends on your use. I use it to take lots of 1080p video and so 64gb is great. If you don't have a lot of multimedia files (music, photos, and videos) and you are only using it to surf the web, take notes, etc., 16gb might be enough. The problem is that the PB doesn't have a SD card slot, and so if you only get 16 and finds that you need more later, you can't get it.
    That's a good point and thanks for reminding me that before vacation, to do some housekeeping to make room for some pb-captured-videos, while trying to have some airplane entertainment space, too. That could be where more is definitely better.
    10-11-11 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD