Hi all newbie here, bourght 64gb playbook, went through set up but got 3001 error, so needed to do updates via DM. After an hour connected to my computer the update tried to complete but the battery level dropped to 18%. Now I cant charge the playbook because the software wont allow it, any clues. Tried reset and charge all sorts of manner of things, went through BB support, now they want me to return it. I have spent the whole day virtually on this, lost a days wages so if anyone can help it would be brill.
    Thanks
    01-17-12 11:35 AM
    Was the screen turned on while it was connected to your computer? The USB port on most computers can't supply enough power to actually charge the battery while the screen, which uses most of the power, is turned on.

Try pressing the power button briefly to put it in standby, if you can do that, then charge again. It would take over 12 hours to fully charge via the PC's USB from an empty battery.

Can't you just use the included charger, however? It will work much faster, and will manage to charge it even while the screen is on.
    01-17-12 11:41 AM
    Thank you for your replay, I have tried play book charger but it wont charge because the update it was doing to resolve the 3001 error did not complete because the battery was low, I didn`t know the battery was low because it never completed the initial set up due to 3001 error
    01-17-12 11:58 AM
    RIM wants you to return it, why not just return it for another and avoid all the headaches?
    01-17-12 12:00 PM
    thats what I will do, it seems crazy that it cant be charged, I just wondered if there was a work around so I dont have to wait all day for a courier
    01-17-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD