Got this email today for 30% off books this weekend only.

Code: mar2ca30

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 04:17 PM
    Typical. Two book I want and at checkout Kobo states the publisher does not allow use of Promo codes.
    03-02-12 05:56 PM
    Maybe it's me, but I was unable to add a credit card to my Kobo account or even to use it for a single purchase, either from the PB or on my computer, and their customer support were unable to explain why.
    03-02-12 07:21 PM
    Go to their website interface to create the account and register your credit card. There seems to be a bug in the PlayBook app when creating accounts. Once the account is created the app works fine.
    03-02-12 09:07 PM
    Maybe it's me, but I was unable to add a credit card to my Kobo account or even to use it for a single purchase, either from the PB or on my computer, and their customer support were unable to explain why.
    I had that problem as well. I tried inputting my information on the website, but for some reason it didn't transfer to the computer, and so I tried to purchase the book from the website, and it was $3 more before tax than the after tax price on the PlayBook. When I emailed their customer support with that whole story, their response was essentially that "prices may be different on different platforms", completely sidestepping my original problem of being unable to purchase books on my PlayBook...
    03-02-12 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD