1. I've berated RIM for not communicating, and now they've communicated. I'm a bit disappointed it's not sooner, but I can live with that.

2. RIM has saved me about 312 clicks on the 'check for updates' button, and 312 instances of raised hopes, quickly dashed!

3. But most of all, the announcement will hopefully lead to the quick exit from this forum of those whining, puling, ranting minority of posters who seem to only want to slag RIM and the PB. Bye, bye! I hope you LOVE your new iPad!
    10-26-11 05:18 PM
    Your second reason is epic.

If i replied with 50 reasons i dont like it, will i be flamed?
    10-26-11 05:23 PM
    Yes because less sales is good for a product...(Sarcasm)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 05:25 PM
    You forgot

4. No one will dare post anymore update rumors around here.
    10-26-11 05:29 PM
    You forgot

4. No one will dare post anymore update rumors around here.
    yepp. that will be good for the forum
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-26-11 06:17 PM

no you wont, since all of us has that urge to list all of them
    10-26-11 06:18 PM
    I don't have a problem with waiting until February for the update as much as I have a problem believing RIM will have it ready by then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 06:31 PM
    1. I've berated RIM for not communicating, and now they've communicated. I'm a bit disappointed it's not sooner, but I can live with that.

2. RIM has saved me about 312 clicks on the 'check for updates' button, and 312 instances of raised hopes, quickly dashed!

3. But most of all, the announcement will hopefully lead to the quick exit from this forum of those whining, puling, ranting minority of posters who seem to only want to slag RIM and the PB. Bye, bye! I hope you LOVE your new iPad!
    Your number 3. Are you and this guy (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...22/yay-664549/) related by any chance?
    10-26-11 07:09 PM
    Well and concisely stated Op.

That's my top three also. They whine about communication and look what happens when they get it.
    10-26-11 07:11 PM

No, you'll just be competing with those that already have...
    over and over and over...
    10-26-11 07:12 PM
    WHY would you assume the Rims 2.0 update is going to have everything as promised and everything working properly. Has NEVER happened yet!
    10-26-11 07:16 PM
    Like every playbook owners, I am also somewhat dissappointed about the OS2.0 update release date.

Instead of waiting 4 months for the big update, I believe a monthly incremental OS update until February will keep the current Playbook owners have faith with RIM.

If RIM does deliver at least one update each month until february this will make most of pb owners happy. Anyone support this?
    carlyincanada likes this.
    10-26-11 07:16 PM
    Like every playbook owners, I am also somewhat dissappointed about the OS2.0 update release date.

Instead of waiting 4 months for the big update, I believe a monthly incremental OS update until February will keep the current Playbook owners have faith with RIM.

If RIM does deliver at least one update each month until february this will make most of pb owners happy. Anyone support this?
    Normally no but now YES!
    I was looking forward to a big surprise all at once, but now that the wait is so long give me one new feature a week!

Updates previously have been bug and efficiency improvements with no significant new features. Now it is FEATURE TIME - start rolling them out!
    10-26-11 07:19 PM

As I've said before, yes. As long as it's a meaning full update that addresses some of the issues.
    10-26-11 07:22 PM
    As I've said before, yes. As long as it's a meaning full update that addresses some of the issues.
    Would half-airplane mode strike your fancy?
    steppinghorse likes this.
    10-26-11 08:53 PM
    Would half-airplane mode strike your fancy?
    You mean I can't get full airplane mode? OK, I'm just joking as I'm sure you are.
    10-26-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD