This is ridiculous. Even with the update, you still can't reorder or rename the Browser bookmarks. They added the functionality "add to home screen" - and if you "add to home screen" you can rename the home screen icon. Why didn't they just take that renaming code and cut/paste it to the browser bookmarks too? So lazy and rushed.

I'm left with two options:

(1) have browser bookmarks in random order, with indecipherable names and mostly blank icons; or

(2) have a gazillion well labeled and organized apps and bookmarks all on my "all" home screen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we can't add or customize the home screen tabs - we are stuck with All, Favorites, Media, Games and BlackBerry Bridge. I'd love to have some customized tabs.
    05-03-11 07:51 AM
    Doesn't seem that we can yet.

Tim
    05-03-11 08:36 AM
    This is ridiculous. Even with the update, you still can't reorder or rename the Browser bookmarks.
    I didn't realize that until I saw your thread -- that is indeed pretty bad. What in the heck were they thinking when adding hardwired bookmarks?
    05-03-11 08:52 AM
    I've created an html file and reference it in the browser's address bar and then saved it as a favorite and made it the hompage. This file is a 3-column table with my favorite links. The reference is:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/homepage.html

looks like:
    Zizzzzy likes this.
    05-03-11 11:05 AM
    F2: that's a cool solution.... Gonna stick to something like that until RIM comes up with a better bookmarks feature. Not being able to rename / reorder / place in folders has been annoying since day 1. But I'm glad to see RIM pushing on more important issues though.
    05-03-11 01:12 PM
    I've said this is a problem from Day 1. I would have much preferred the ability to customize the homescreen and/or bookmarks over adding bookmarks to homescreen in this new update.
    05-03-11 01:21 PM
    It does seem odd that you can now further clutter the home screen with Favorites but can't create additional subfolders on the home screen and within the browser favorites screen.

I was wondering/hoping if these new HomeScreen bookmarks would show up in the Bookmarks folder when looking over the pb via usb (or wifi sharing) but - NO. Still don't know what that folder is all about.
    05-03-11 04:27 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we can't add or customize the home screen tabs - we are stuck with All, Favorites, Media, Games and BlackBerry Bridge. I'd love to have some customized tabs.
    I found how to add icons to your Favorites tab (or any tab). On the "All" screen, touch and hold the icon until it wiggles. Drag and drop it over the favorites tab (or whichever you wish). You will see a faint blue highlighting the tab. If you go to the Favorites tab the icon that you just dropped there should appear.
    gr8ocguy likes this.
    05-03-11 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD