I said it in another post, but here goes

All those that doubted RIM, including those that returned ya Playbooks, Fekk off now okay.

After been an Android fanboy for so long, I'm so glad to have a PB. The OS is so refreshing, and RIM seems to be ultra committed to making this baby one h3ll of a good tablet.

2 thumbs up from me!
    Same here, I strongly believed in Honeycomb and went and got the Xoom. Since February when it launched and I've gotten over the excitement of the widgets, the OS never felt smooth. I believe this is because Honeycomb is to big for todays Tegra 2 processors and needs more,way more just to be as silky smooth as PB and ipads. I guess while we'll be upgrading our software Honeycomb fans will be upgrading to faster tablets. I'm so HAPPY with the BBPB. Btw I've gotten banned from Android web sites for stating this truth. The truth always hurts.
    Last edited by edandrea; 05-03-11 at 07:49 AM.
    05-03-11 07:38 AM
    Figured out the ALT-RST trick was what I needed to do. Found the latest BBM version after that in App World. Tour is rebooting right now, so hopefully I'm all set.
    05-03-11 07:48 AM
    No this is not kicking, but rather very dissapointing. So we got

BBM ( don't use it but I guess it's good to have )
    Video Chat ( good to have but really don't care about it much, yet)
    Better Bridge (still can't browse)
    Facebook App (worked fine on the Web)
    Ability to add bookmarks ( not cool, as you can't customize )

I am not sure if RIM is evening listening to the End User, likely not. I am guessing an auto correction or ability to customize bookmarks or an email client, or ability to add a tab, would have been much more appreciated. If a face book app is the highlight of the update then I'm very disappointed, but not losing hope yet.
    05-03-11 08:19 AM
    Still disappointed in this update. Everyone is getting all excited for things that should have been included in the launch, while things that are a must for this tablet are still missing. Where is autocorrect when using email? Where are file folders? Where is A2DP? This thing is still half-baked and RIM needs to shoot out another update quick or they are going to lose people who wanted to use this tablet as a business tool.

I got the playbook to use it for business and RIM is marketing it as the first "Professional" Tablet. Right now there is nothing that distinguishes it from the other tablets out in the market right now. Facebook is all good and well, but who really cares, the web version of it worked just fine.
    05-03-11 08:21 AM
    delete your BB from your PB and then re-add
    05-03-11 08:28 AM
    Installed the new OS,,,went smoothly, all seemed to be working fine, then while just sitting there asleep, I woke it up and iit appears to be locked up. This has never happened before.

Disabled Bluetooth on my BB phone and the PB returned to normal operation.

Restarting BB Phone and will see what happens.

Rebooted on both went ok. Bridge working...watching this thing closely now.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 05-03-11 at 08:42 AM.
    05-03-11 08:28 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD