I was a naughty boy today and finally gave-in to the DSG deal for a 64GB PB at 129 GBP
    Well, it would have been rude to leave it in the shop at that price.

Now I have to convince the Mrs that she really needs my 32GB PB

I have read a few threads from others with 2 PBs and I would appreciate some guidance from forum members with 2 PBs in the family.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the same, or separate Blackberry IDs?

Do I miss-out on any functionality by using my existing BB ID for the new PB compared with creating a new BB ID for the Mrs on the original PB and transferring mine to my new baby?

Thanks.
    09-20-12 03:05 PM
    Same BBID - can share apps at no additional cost.

Same BBID - canNOT normally use the Video Chat app (some suggest that using the PIN will allow it on different wifi networks?????).

There may be other advantages/disadvantages.....
    09-20-12 03:42 PM
    Same BBID allows you to download all your apps directly from AppWorld, no need to buy apps for the new/old device.

Bad side is people usually can't video chat when they have the same ID on different devices, which, in my opinion is the big deal of having more than one PB. You could try adding the device's PIN manually to your wife's contact and see if video chat works.
    09-20-12 03:45 PM
    On a plus note, you cna use localbar / app centre to "push" downloaded apps to someone elses playbook with just the IP as well.
    09-20-12 04:50 PM
    Thanks folks.

My 32GB PB is on 668 and my 64GB just updated to 358, so I have registered on the beta site for 840, then I can transfer my stuff across.

Once that's done, I will see what happens with the video app.
    09-20-12 05:17 PM
    I have used:

2 different IDs on different networks.....and obviously video chat works

2 different IDs on the same network....and the video chat worked

2 same IDs on same network..............and video chat didn't work

2 same IDs on different networks. .......(yet to try)
    09-20-12 05:36 PM
    Like mentioned above
    Same BBID dont have to re-buy apps, but no vid chat
    Different BBID have to start from scratch as far as apps but video chat works no prob
    09-21-12 01:41 AM
    In our house we're running both off the same id, mostly because I couldn't be bothered security wiping the old one to change it (as I wanted my apps on the new one)

Not noticed any issues other than having to re-associate the device every time I download on the other device (2 seconds of clicking ok to a popup). Not really bothered with video chat myself so that issue hasn't cropped up yet (the house ain't that big, if I need to see them I'll wander the whopping 6 feet to the other sofa). Might be more of an issue if you're out and about i suppose, but there's always phones for that
    09-21-12 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD