Nothing major just testing the camera. It was hard to get it to sit still but the picture and sound are quite good and the mic picks up everything well.

here

and here
    somebaldguy likes this.
    04-27-11 08:19 AM
    Those look great. This is a big reason I got my Playbook.
    Mitch Baird likes this.
    04-27-11 08:21 AM
    that looks pretty good!
    Mitch Baird likes this.
    04-27-11 08:25 AM
    I just set it on a pile of wood that was by the canal. i may need a stand for it to be steadier but in 1080p it was very clear. I was also surprised how clear the bird chirping was.
    04-27-11 08:27 AM
    I only watched them on my Playbook, but they look great.

Im surprised there arent more threads about video/picture quality. Usually those threads are the first to come up when new BB's release.
    04-27-11 08:28 AM
    I've taken quite a few vids for testing all are good but in 1080p it is very good. and uploading to youtube in 1080p looks the same after upload. The sounds is what has impressed me the most. the mic is very sensitive. HDMI out to the TV is as good as it gets.
    04-27-11 08:38 AM
    Nothing major just testing the camera. It was hard to get it to sit still but the picture and sound are quite good and the mic picks up everything well.

here

and here
    Too much action in these videos. Please re-record with less movement and less action please.
    Mitch Baird likes this.
    04-27-11 09:31 AM
    lol. Why must he go rerecord these?
    04-27-11 09:35 AM
    I took a video of my nephew riding his electric bike, and I was amazed at the quality.

Also, the camera is amazing for taking still shots outside.
    04-27-11 09:48 AM
    hmmm really? I thought the still shot camera was utterly crap =\. I was really surprised when i took a video though. The mic is pretty good and the video was clear and was really good with moving objects [took a video of my younger sister skating]. BTW, does anyones camera feel like its zoomed in when its not? Is the camera really narrow?
    04-27-11 10:18 AM
    I find the still shot camera & video are good when you have natural light in the room. When it's just artificial light I find it gets pretty crappy, not sure if it's just me but it get's a lot of noise/static in the picture.

Those video's are pretty good though. Nice to see RIM trying to get their camera's up to par.
    04-27-11 10:39 AM
    You're not the only one with that. When under artificial lighting, there is A LOT of picture noise. I really wished the camera was a wide angle camera..would be awesome :P
    04-27-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD