I have two PlayBooks 16G and 64G. I created a new BBID on the 64G and everything worked. Then I decided I wanted to share the 16G apps on the 64G, so I wiped the 64G and signed in as the same BBID as the 16G. Everything on PB OS worked (including the shared apps), except the Android player. All the Android apps that worked before stopped working. It seems like the Android player won't fire up.

I repeated the wipe and tried again. Same effect.

Has anyone noticed this?

I've got a long few days ahead as I try a few options.
    (1) wipe again and sign in as the unique BBID.
    (2) wipe again and try NOT upgrading to 2.1.0.840 till after I've tried Android Player. But the old OS might not have Android player, so I'll have to watch this.
    09-27-12 07:42 AM
    I have two PlayBooks 16G and 64G. I created a new BBID on the 64G and everything worked. Then I decided I wanted to share the 16G apps on the 64G, so I wiped the 64G and signed in as the same BBID as the 16G. Everything on PB OS worked (including the shared apps), except the Android player. All the Android apps that worked before stopped working. It seems like the Android player won't fire up.

I repeated the wipe and tried again. Same effect.

Has anyone noticed this?

I've got a long few days ahead as I try a few options.
    (1) wipe again and sign in as the unique BBID.
    (2) wipe again and try NOT upgrading to 2.1.0.840 till after I've tried Android Player. But the old OS might not have Android player, so I'll have to watch this.
    It was not the BBID. It was the wipe. People have reported the Player breaking after device wipes.

A debrick may fix the issue. Others may have more ideas.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-27-12 at 04:11 PM.
    DC506 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:31 AM
    Yah. I have had no problems at all with same ID and two PBs using the player. sometimes the player fails, but if I close and app and reload they work fine. Good luck with it!
    09-27-12 08:51 AM
    I've reloaded the apps (side loaded) and from AppWorld. Both failed. I didn't know about the brick issue, so I followed the method in KB26748 and CrackBerry.com/factory-reset-blackberry-playbook-also-fixes-bricked-devices link.

After taking hours to download the first time, it said "failed to connect to device". I tried twice more and although the download was cached somewhere and it takes only about 20mins. But it still resulted in "failed to connect".

I am following the steps, so what am I doing wrong. The PlayBook now fails to boot. It flashes its red LED.
    Last edited by Motherboard2010; 09-27-12 at 04:11 PM.
    09-27-12 04:03 PM
    I've reloaded the apps (side loaded) and from AppWorld. Both failed. I didn't know about the brick issue, so I followed the method in KB26748 and CrackBerry.com/factory-reset-blackberry-playbook-also-fixes-bricked-devices link.

After taking hours to download the first time, it said "failed to connect to device". I tried twice more and although the download was cached somewhere and it takes only about 20mins. But it still resulted in "failed to connect".

I am following the steps, so what am I doing wrong. The PlayBook now fails to boot. It flashes its red LED.
    When it rains, it pours...

Make sure you are using a good USB port and the USB cable that came with the PlayBook.

Reboot your PC and follow the steps again. Make sure the PC, cable and PlayBook are perfect still in case you have a loose connector and debrick.

Good luck there, hope it will work properly this time.
    09-27-12 04:14 PM
    Diegonei is correct. I was running 2.0.1.668 and switched to the beta 2.1.0.840. Thinking I was going to give PB to my son, I did a wipe. I then found out while trying to downgrade back to. 668, that because RIM pulled 668, I couldn't downgrade to it through Desktop Manager.

The next big surprise was no android player or portrait mode in messages. Same situation as you. The wipe caused it. I re-registered for the beta and installed it again. Still did not fix it.

A search on here, quickly found the issue and solutions. For me it was either CFP or Dingleberry. I chose Dingleberry and then downgraded to 668, then went back to the beta 840. My android apps work now (in their own windows), as does portrait mode.

Sorry for the long winded post, I hope it helps.
    Take a look at the thread that helped me, particularly posts #21 (by z3000w). And post #25 (by DoctorEvil8).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-etc-742061/
    diegonei and Motherboard2010 like this.
    09-27-12 04:27 PM
    Diegonei, everything is original and still as can be.

DC506, My PB is bricked so I can't use DoctorEvil8's method (Turn on Development mode). So I'll try z3000w.
    09-27-12 05:30 PM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It is working again! CrackBerry community, you deserve a medal!
    DC506 and TheScionicMan like this.
    09-28-12 06:54 PM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It is working again! CrackBerry community, you deserve a medal!
    How did you fix things? Last it would not reboot or start. But you had also previously lost Android stuff. It could help someone else to post more info.
    09-28-12 09:15 PM
    I followed the suggestion by DC506 ...

Take a look at the thread that helped me, particularly posts #21 (by z3000w). And post #25 (by DoctorEvil8).

Playbook Error, Debrick/Security Wipe/Anroid Not Working etc
    I followed z3000w, because my PB was bricked and DoctorEvil8's suggestion wasn't possible anymore. It took a long time to get the download suggested OS (1GB). But I'm in Australia and everything takes a little longer. Once downloaded, I followed the link in that post that suggested getting CFP (another download) to flash the OS. Flashing the OS was quick and painless. After that, the PB was back.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-29-12 05:37 PM
    Cfp is a Godsend for us PlayBook owners. Without it, both of my PlayBooks would have been RMA'd because desktop Manager does not like 2.1.0.840.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    09-29-12 05:58 PM
    BB-Bmore, what you say makes sense, assuming that the desktop manager was pulling down .840. I'm not sure what it was pulling down.

I used the desktop manager tried to download the image 10 times while I was waiting for the CFP image to download. But it failed at different progress amounts of the download, but in the final times, it would not progress past 50%. Definitely points to a problem between Desktop manager and the advertised image.
    10-01-12 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD