I have to decide whether to return my playbook or keep it, by Tuesday afternoon.
    I am having significant problems with it. Initially set up was very problematic- spent last Saturday and sunday on the phone with PB tech help getting it to work. Eventually it was determined that my old ID from my Storm was interfering with ap worlds server and not recognizing my PB. Got that fixed with a new ID.
    Since then I have found it to be very glitchy. Sometimes something will work, and sometimes it won't. Sadly, I'm posting this using my iPad, as my email won't work on my PB.
    This started yesterday. Email was working fine, the stopped at 8:30am. At about noon I re-started the PB, and the email began working. This morning- no email again. I will have to restart again. Is this normal?
    I've been keeping track of the glitches and problems:

froze several times. I use a notepad ap that also froze. ( I am keeping my list of questions and problems on it

Links on emails won't connect about 25% of the time

Wild automatic fast scrolling occurred when clicking anywhere in incoming email content (happened once)

Can't seem to display a "sent" box in my email. (everything is in the column that says "all accounts"

Had problems deleting emails. Had to do it several times.

Can't figure out how to save pics from emails. Doesn't seem to work.

Couldn't open face book yesterday. Everything else in my browser seemed to work. I could open FB from my iPad.

Needed to created a photo album for a display I'm doing this evening. Can't seem to create a new folder.

That's enough for now. I really want this to work, but I don't have time to spend countless hours tinkering with it. I love how you can integrate it with a pc. I haven't been happy with iPad, need flash, need to be able to switch files from my pc to tablet.
    My 14 day return is coming to the end of time. Need to decide if the PB will work without the glitches- or is this a common ongoing issue.

Thanks in advance. C
    06-03-12 08:28 AM
    Did you update to the latest OS out of the box?
    Beside that your issues seem very unique and span across your device. I suggest making sure you're at the latest OS. IF that doesn't work it would be internal issues, but it sounds to me like more os a software issue.

3rd method of attack is a security wipe via the settings drop down menu.
    Starting fresh may eliminate the issues you have been experiencing.
    My 32gb Playbook has some weird quirks to it, but nothing as annoying or serious as some of the things you've mentioned. I find that QNX takes a bit of time to load apps up the first time they're ever launched (maybe that's just my observation however) once apps have been ran through they work perfectly for me and respond much faster than the first launch.

Half of your issues are user error like not being able to find the sent box on your email. It's there. I would read your device manual, or check out 'Blackberry Help' above.
    06-03-12 08:53 AM
    The playbook will certainly not pass as the most reliable tablet in the market. The OS has come a long away though and in my opinion is okay for everyday use.

I too get the email not working issue especially for my work email. I just do a hard reboot and things start working again.

I have kept mine cuz I like my playbook even though it is not perfect. It might not be as reliable in certain functions as the ipad but then there are other functions where it fares a lot better. It is also a lot cheaper as well, I like the 7 inch form factor and I couldn't do without the bridging capabilities especially for data connection. I believe most of the issue will get resolved with software updates.

You can try doing a fresh os install, you will find a how to guide here on CB. And just do a hard restart when ever your email falls over or things start getting too sluggish.

The choice to keep or return it is yours to make though.
    06-03-12 09:02 AM
    I never have these problems with my playbook + 9810 combo.

Glitchy is not the word I would use to describe it.

The only issue I had in the past was sometimes emails wouldn't delete right away when I click delete. This gets much better with every bridge update. Right now I don't have that problem

Did you try beta OS2.1

I'm waiting for the public release of OS2.1...and then we get the playbook version of BB10 in October/November
    06-03-12 09:02 AM
    I did an update out of the box. I have os 2.1.358
    I'll see if PB tech help can figure out some of these problems. I have no doubt that I am a big part of the problem. I've had a terrible time finding info on operating the PB. There is no manual and barely anything in "HELP". Now that I've found this forum I feel I may be able to learn a bit more. I am nearly computer illiterate!
    James Nieves and James Nieves like this.
    06-03-12 09:16 AM
    I'm mobile right now, I'll post detailed help later with links from Blackberry. In your manual it directs you to those links and by manual I mean those 5 bundled Product Info packets
    06-03-12 09:34 AM
    I'll see if PB tech help can figure out some of these problems. I have no doubt that I am a big part of the problem. I've had a terrible time finding info on operating the PB. There is no manual and barely anything in "HELP". Now that I've found this forum I feel I may be able to learn a bit more. I am nearly computer illiterate!
    There is a sticky at the top of "how to" stuff ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/

It's definitely worth a read.

Good luck!
    06-03-12 09:39 AM
    I have to decide whether to return my playbook or keep it, by Tuesday afternoon.
    I am having significant problems with it. Initially set up was very problematic- spent last Saturday and sunday on the phone with PB tech help getting it to work. Eventually it was determined that my old ID from my Storm was interfering with ap worlds server and not recognizing my PB. Got that fixed with a new ID.
    Since then I have found it to be very glitchy. Sometimes something will work, and sometimes it won't. Sadly, I'm posting this using my iPad, as my email won't work on my PB.
    This started yesterday. Email was working fine, the stopped at 8:30am. At about noon I re-started the PB, and the email began working. This morning- no email again. I will have to restart again. Is this normal?

Some accounts seem to have this trouble, my live account has never had this issue

I've been keeping track of the glitches and problems:

froze several times. I use a notepad ap that also froze. ( I am keeping my list of questions and problems on it

Is notepad an android app? I have only had a freeze 2 times in almost a year of owning.

Links on emails won't connect about 25% of the time

Once in awhile I may have to tap harder or hold a second longer for a link, most of the time it works well.

Wild automatic fast scrolling occurred when clicking anywhere in incoming email content (happened once)

Can't seem to display a "sent" box in my email. (everything is in the column that says "all accounts"

On the upper left corner touch the icon with @ on it you can then touch your account.

Had problems deleting emails. Had to do it several times.

You mean you have to touch the trash can several times? I get that sometimes also.

Can't figure out how to save pics from emails. Doesn't seem to work.

Touch and hold, let go and dialog will come up

Couldn't open face book yesterday. Everything else in my browser seemed to work. I could open FB from my iPad.

I don't use Facebook.

Needed to created a photo album for a display I'm doing this evening. Can't seem to create a new folder.

I don't know if this is possible unless you get files and folders or another file management app.

That's enough for now. I really want this to work, but I don't have time to spend countless hours tinkering with it. I love how you can integrate it with a pc. I haven't been happy with iPad, need flash, need to be able to switch files from my pc to tablet.
    My 14 day return is coming to the end of time. Need to decide if the PB will work without the glitches- or is this a common ongoing issue.

Thanks in advance. C
    Sounds like you need to learn/read a little more about how to use it and also wipe it or do a dm install of the OS. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    06-03-12 09:49 AM
    I've found that there can be a few little "bumps" along the way learning and using the PB. However, I have always been able to use it once I figured it out.

I would suggest you stick it through! Don't return it, there is good value here. The OS is being updated and each time it gets better.

Also there is a wonderful community here on Crackberry that can help you through any issues! Keep the PB but in the end, it's your choice!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    06-03-12 10:15 AM
    Don't know if this will help, but you can find some very useful user guide videos on the BlackBerry site which may help you with some of your issues or questions:

BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 Demos, Help & Support - BlackBerry US
    James Nieves likes this.
    06-03-12 10:19 AM
    i've had my PB for 3 months now and everything has been almost flawless right out of the box. Whoever said the QNX OS was not the most stable OS, I totally disagree. My Playbook operates extremely well and is every bit as stable as our IPAD. Some of the apps cause problems but not typically the OS. Perhaps you should exchange it. I initially had a bit of a learning curve when I got mine but I love it now. I leave the IPAD for my wife to use and always grab the PB first.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-03-12 10:23 AM
    You have way too many outstanding issues with your current unit. You are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to return while it's there, so you should take that opportunity.
    Last edited by notafanboy; 06-03-12 at 11:04 AM.
    06-03-12 10:27 AM
    For the PB manual, click the link below my signature..
    James Nieves likes this.
    06-03-12 10:32 AM
    Many people were having problems with FB yesterday(and the day before) Don't think it was a PB issue.
    06-03-12 10:38 AM
    I've been using my PlayBook over 9 months ( starting OS 1.8? I think) without any of your issues. Perhaps might be your Internet speeds, try with faster connection. When I get poor connection, then seems to have some problems.
    Is your PB up to full capacity?
    Anyways, good luck and hope things out for you.
    06-03-12 04:45 PM
    If you have any doubts...I would return it. Save yourself the hassle.
    06-03-12 04:53 PM
    Did you update to the latest OS out of the box?
    You are required to update to the latest available release as part of the set-up process. There is no way to bypass it.

3rd method of attack is a security wipe via the settings drop down menu.
    Starting fresh may eliminate the issues you have been experiencing.
    This will be the first troubleshooting step that BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support will suggest because it returns the tablet to a known state - factory clean.

Half of your issues are user error like not being able to find the sent box on your email. It's there. I would read your device manual, or check out 'Blackberry Help' above.
    The Help application on the tablet is a valuable resource as well.
    06-03-12 05:05 PM
    Simple solution... Return it for a full refund. Then go to another store and buy another one. This gives you two more weeks to test it out, and to see if the problem was a faulty unit. I've owned a few Playbooks and have never had any serious problems with them.

Up here in Canada, Future Shop is my library and my Visa is my library card. Check out any item for free. The 2 week late free is pretty astronomical though.
    06-03-12 05:30 PM
    The playbook will certainly not pass as the most reliable tablet in the market. The OS has come a long away though and in my opinion is okay for everyday use.

I too get the email not working issue especially for my work email. I just do a hard reboot and things start working again.

I have kept mine cuz I like my playbook even though it is not perfect. It might not be as reliable in certain functions as the ipad but then there are other functions where it fares a lot better. It is also a lot cheaper as well, I like the 7 inch form factor and I couldn't do without the bridging capabilities especially for data connection. I believe most of the issue will get resolved with software updates.

You can try doing a fresh os install, you will find a how to guide here on CB. And just do a hard restart when ever your email falls over or things start getting too sluggish.

The choice to keep or return it is yours to make though.
    LOL, I would, much more reliable than our two iPads. Go to some other forums dude, you'll see how reliable the PB truly is compared to others. If the PB wasn't reliable, my company wouldn't depend on it. The OP's issues are unique in scope. Almost sounds like a bad update to me. Return it for another unit.
    06-03-12 05:52 PM
    Playbook is not perfect but it is very good nonetheless. For the price it sells for now it is good purchase. Also playbook will be updated to OS10. so i would keep it.
    06-03-12 06:00 PM
    You probably mean 2.0.1.358. 2.1.xx.yy would be the beta.

I strongly suggest you go into the debrick process (not only wipe). The sum of the problems you encounter sounds very unfamiliar to me.
    Since you have it for approx. 10 days, I presume you don't have much on it, but please perform a full backup and Sync using DM before doing the following.

1. Turn off the PB by pressing and holding the power button for approx. 10-15 seconds until the screen goes full black and there is no LED activity (don't get distracted by the icons that will appear on the screen; old the button and wait).
    2. I suggest you install the latest version (PC = 7.0.0 B60): you can find it here : BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    3. Reboot your computer
    4. Open BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    5. Connect your device to your computer via USB.
    6. When Desktop Manager prompts that it cannot connect to your BlackBerry, click Install if using Windows, Repair if using Mac.

This will return you PB to its birthday suit, with the latest official OS.
    This will take approx 1H30 for the whole thing, depending of your Internet connexion speed.

Hope it helps.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-12 06:07 PM
    It's realy hard to serve you with any advice. You pressure us with some due time to provide you with some solution but overall it seems to be just a fishing expedition.
    Someone other then me noticed most problems we have with PB are caused be the users and I do tend to agree with the statement.
    But sometimes there is a bad unit, and it happens with any manufacturing process. Since you still can return it go for it and get the replacement but if for any reason you think you're in the wrong place just forget about it and move on.
    06-03-12 06:52 PM
    Ivedecided to keep the playbook in the hopes that future updates will solve some of my problems.
    I really appreciate all in suggestions and info all of you have offered. I've figured out most of the issues but there are still a few that are giving me grief. Email is not working very well. I have to restart the PB every time I want to check new email. It will only load email once after I restart, to check again I have to restart again. I get a notice at the top column of my email saying "unable to connect to server, try again later"( something to that effect- I'm restarting it again now)
    Another question, that is likely a dumb one- since I can't seem to keep a connection on email (everything else is connected fine on the play book ) , when I go to reply to an email, it seems to vanish. Where does that reply go after I've typed it, tried and failed to send it.
    This is frustrating because I can hear the jingle of incoming emails on my iPad and pc while
    My PB won't receive mail.

One other not related issue, how can I get the PB to "remember" me on this crackberry site. It also will not
    accept my password today- which was fine yesterday. I'm using the bloody iPad now.
    06-06-12 12:48 PM
    Btw Eli, you are pretty strange if you think this is a fishing expedition.
    06-06-12 12:51 PM
    All I've done for the crackberry Site is to tick the 'remember me' box when signing in the first time and it remembers me. Just like on a desktop.

With will reset if you incidentally clear your cache and such under the browser options though. Maybe you accidentally did this? Or you did a security wipe between logins?

What email account is giving you grief?
    06-06-12 01:09 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD