Update: To be fair and not sound like a ranting loony, I did a hard restart of the playbook, deleted my pocket wifi profile and my home wifi profile and reset them, to make sure that that the previously saved profiles were not the problem with the hanging web pages. After I did this I noticed my home wifi was working silky smooth like with the first updated version of the 1.07 OS, then tested my pocket wifi, which I found to be the problem. Coincidentaly the same thing was happening. I did some speed tests to confirm and can fault my service provider for the slowdown. My pocket wifi, which is usually running at 30Mbps was crawling at 2Mbps, for a 12 hour period.

Today, when I checked my carrier must have finished the work they must have been doing and all is well. Sorry for adding to the negativity, but I would like to admit I was wrong about the last update. Things are much better all around with the 1.07 updates and I saw in an earlier post that the playbook just passed the government rated FIPS certification. This is a huge milestone for RIM, which will mean the playbook is about to join a new realm.
    It take a real man/woman it admit fault. I'm commend you.

And it looks like rim is finally stepping up to the plate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 02:18 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD