07-18-12 01:29 AM
619 ... 22232425
tools
    I'm sure it won't since an alpha comes before a beta.

Chill people. DEVELEPOR BETA. Not ready for prime time. For DEVELOPERS to test their apps or ones like us that want to play.
    I completely agree
    hpulley likes this.
    06-01-12 07:51 AM
    I was going to let that one slide
    06-01-12 08:48 AM
    C'mon guys... We all know the situation RIM is currntly in. They can't give up all their best stuff on a "beta" device with beta software. My hope is that they are holding out so that they can drop a nice, big surprise for their consumers and wall street at the same time
    I hope you meant this. If so, it would mean I am not alone in my understanding of the situation.
    06-01-12 08:51 AM
    how do we downgrade back to 2.0.1, is it wait for 48 hrs again?
    06-01-12 08:58 AM
    24 hours, then debrick. I don't think it goes back OTA.
    06-01-12 09:01 AM
    Are you sure because it was 48 hours the last time.
    I find the battery life is terrible in this release, anyone else seeing that.
    isotack likes this.
    06-01-12 09:03 AM
    I hope you meant this. If so, it would mean I am not alone in my understanding of the situation.
    I meant every word of it
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-12 09:08 AM
    An update on my slow keyboard after the update... I debricked and reinstalled my apps as before and now the browser and keyboard are back to normal. Also, my youth sideloaded apps are launching again in the new individual android players. So far I'm happy with the beta...
    06-01-12 09:09 AM
    I remember it always being 24 but I may be wrong. Here are the instructions from RIM.

Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current N... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I haven't tested long enough to comment on battery drain.
    06-01-12 09:10 AM
    Flash videos still don't play for me in browsers. I tried the disable flash and javascript and clear all and re enable both but no luck. Is there another trick to get flash working?
    Last edited by hpulley; 06-01-12 at 09:59 AM.
    06-01-12 09:55 AM
    Flash videos still don't play for me in browsers. I tried the disable flash and javascript and clear all and re enable both but no luck. Is there another trick to get flash working?
    Try a 3 button restart.
    jsprice90 likes this.
    06-01-12 10:05 AM
    I noticed that CSS3 transitions in the browser are noticeably faster. Also the addition of FileSystem, Full screen APIs, window.requestAnimationFrame and ogg vorbis audio support improve things a lot...

Another thing - just tested WebGL in the browser and its performance is x2 - the Quake 3 demo was running at 15 fps before and now it is running at 30! The URL is http://media.tojicode.com/q3bsp/
    Last edited by bundyo; 06-01-12 at 12:05 PM.
    Superfly_FR and Magnesus like this.
    06-01-12 11:57 AM
    Youtube never starts playing for me but upstream.tv works just fine.

To add some more confusion, YouTube video on crackberry main Page play fine. Only on YouTube.com they never get running.
    Last edited by Poncherelly; 06-01-12 at 12:09 PM.
    06-01-12 12:03 PM

Chill people. DEVELEPOR BETA. Not ready for prime time. For DEVELOPERS to test their apps or ones like us that want to play.
    Yes, apologies, you are quite right. However you know what I meant. It is highly unlikely that this issue will be resolved when 2.1 proper comes out. Shame on RIM.
    06-01-12 12:40 PM
    Not sure who's still reading through here, and I realize there is a findings thread. But I just wanted to let anyone who's on the fence know that this beta is pretty darn good. I have no complaints so far. Browser is fast. Android multitask is awesome. Glad to get encryption. Yeah sure, it's a beta, but if you were eyeing the water I would say jump in!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-01-12 12:40 PM
    how do we downgrade back to 2.0.1, is it wait for 48 hrs again?
    24 hours, then debrick. I don't think it goes back OTA.
    What if you just read the instructions that were given on the enroll page ?
    Oh, you'll probably go there : Downgrading From Beta PlayBook OS to the Current N... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    ++
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-01-12 at 01:24 PM.
    06-01-12 12:59 PM
    @Superfly_FR
    Have you tried/completed any OTA EA on the Playbook with BDS/Fusion?
    06-01-12 01:04 PM
    What if you just read the instructions that were given on the enroll page ?
    You missed my last post(#584) in that chain of events.
    06-01-12 01:16 PM
    You missed my last post(#584) in that chain of events.
    Sorry Obviously, you wasn't targeted anyway ... the sequence "amused" me ... let's edit ... done !
    06-01-12 01:23 PM
    Posted on in development forum. Will see if someone wants to trouble shoot it before I consider a three finger salute.
    06-01-12 01:28 PM
    @Superfly_FR
    Have you tried/completed any OTA EA on the Playbook with BDS/Fusion?
    Well, just started with Business Cloud services ... so that I wonder if I can understand you question. I must admit : I'm totally noob here ... but I'm working @ it !

BUT I can state that as of now, I've been unablke to activate the PB as a recognized device for a specific account, while it has been relatively simple with my 9900.

AND I have to test about "certificates" that DM 7.0.0.59 seems to implement (saw that during install + 9900) for Enterprise use.

<= this is a wall of confusion
    I'm probably totally beside the question
    <= this is another one
    06-01-12 01:32 PM
    Whats this encryption i am hearing about, is it a setting i need to look at
    06-01-12 01:34 PM
    Whats this encryption i am hearing about, is it a setting i need to look at
    I scoped it out. It's a one-switch toggle, on or off. Syas you can use your playbook while it works, but my guess is it will take some time, especially if you have 50Gb of stuff on there. If you are cautious about others stealing/finding your playbook and trying to pull your files off of it, you may want to enable encryption. Hope that helps a little
    06-01-12 01:57 PM
    Took a security wipe to fix flash. Restoring, restoring, restoring...
    06-02-12 01:45 PM
    One important thing that still doesn't work is Google Maps.

Still doesn't load properly
    06-02-12 01:52 PM
619 ... 22232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD