You obviously haven't been paying attention....... Give your head a shake.....

RIM is such a terrible company because of the problems they have with updates. Apple and Google NEVER have problems with their updates.
    05-31-12 05:02 PM
    can't wait to try skype and other camera related apps
    05-31-12 05:03 PM
    apple and google dont have to battle the perception theyre going down the pan
    05-31-12 05:05 PM
    This isn't even a blip on the radar. Nobody is going to care about this, whether it had rolled out perfectly or not, nobody besides the dedicated BB press would even mention this.

Thats good then i guess
    05-31-12 05:06 PM
    Some people couldn't download iOS5 because they choked the servers, that's a problem in my books.

This is an issue with a DEV BETA release, not an official release, like in Apple's case.
    You obviously haven't been paying attention....... Give your head a shake.....
    I'm almost positive they were being sarcastic
    05-31-12 05:07 PM
    being a valid developer is irrelevant at the moment as its not possible to register and download because their update system is screwed..

not that Im not a valid downloader...just that Im also someone who has to form an opinion of RIM going forward, thats the point Im making.
    You are more than entitled to your own opinion, and I won't be the one to try to change it for you.

As frustrating as it is waiting for this update to pick up, I just think there are better things to stress out about today/tonight. When 2.0 and even 2.0.1 came out I couldn't recall many people that had problems with updating their devices. What I'm basically saying is that when it really mattered (i.e. in front of the consumer), RIM has been pretty good about the software updates for the PlayBooks. Not that devs don't matter, because they do, but I think they have a higher tolerance for tomfoolery like this and may not necessarily attribute this issue to fundamental problems with RIM as a company. For that, you have 6,000 RIM jobs on the line
    05-31-12 05:08 PM
    It's not the end of the day yet (month end). Who said it would be pushed out nanoseconds after you were whitelisted? Give you head a shake people. It will come soon enough.

Taker a chill pill and stop b'tching
    gschep likes this.
    05-31-12 05:09 PM
    RIM is such a terrible company because of the problems they have with updates. Apple and Google NEVER have problems with their updates.
    Lol, quite possibly one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard.

Apparently you were sleeping for all of the IOS5 update fiasco...
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    05-31-12 05:11 PM
    Thought I'd do a power off/on see if it gets picked up.

lo and behold got a ! in the top left.

magic I though - clicked on it - blast - an update to 3.03 of doodle blast :-(

(app world still shows 2.0.8 though which is weird)
    05-31-12 05:12 PM
    lol - comic genuis
    05-31-12 05:13 PM
    I thought I made it obvious enough. I was just saying that servers go down, systems have glitches, they guys in the data center are on a coffee break, etc. I bet that within a few hours we will have our shiny new update and will all forget about this by tomorrow. This problem will probably be filed in the footnote of a wiki page somewhere, nothing really more than that.
    05-31-12 05:15 PM
    "After you submit the form, registration may take between a few minutes to an hour to complete."

so - give it another 30mins or so?
    05-31-12 05:16 PM
    I thought I made it obvious enough. I was just saying that servers go down, systems have glitches, they guys in the data center are on a coffee break, etc. I bet that within a few hours we will have our shiny new update and will all forget about this by tomorrow. This problem will probably be filed in the footnote of a wiki page somewhere, nothing really more than that.
    Do you SEE how riled up these people are?! Haha. No room for sarcasm!
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-31-12 05:19 PM
    I thought I made it obvious enough
    Sarcasm doesn't read that well in posts usually unless it's just something totally over the top, which it wasn't necessarily since we get a lot of posts just like that around here daily.
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    05-31-12 05:24 PM
    My bad - missed the sarcasm with all the other negative posts flying around.....
    05-31-12 05:31 PM
    Anyone with any luck?
    05-31-12 05:36 PM
    Thought I'd do a power off/on see if it gets picked up.

lo and behold got a ! in the top left.

magic I though - clicked on it - blast - an update to 3.03 of doodle blast :-(

(app world still shows 2.0.8 though which is weird)
    OS update notifications appear at the other side, next to the bluetooth icon, wifi icon etc.
    05-31-12 05:38 PM
    Does it mean you can't get this beta update, if you're not registered as developer?
    05-31-12 05:45 PM
    OS update notifications appear at the other side, next to the bluetooth icon, wifi icon etc.
    oh yes, for sure :-)
    I contend that this is all a little taste of Blackberry's upcoming Marketing.

A Crackberry User fills out the form to get the Playbook 2.1 Beta that they've been waiting for so they can review it objectively. They "check for updates" (C4U) really quickly hoping they got lucky. No luck.

User hits C4U button a second time within a minute because RIM said "as fast as a minute" but no luck that time either. They must be serious about the delay.

User keeps hitting the C4U button every other minute getting frustrated and wondering why those b*stards haven't released it to them yet. Surely their servers are under capacity or they screwed up some how. Rage ensues.

User now lays off the C4U button and checks Twitter, Crackberry and the Developer forums to see what's up? Maybe Waterloo blew up; all the while convincing themselves if might happen. Doubt sets in that they will see the beta.

User checks again repeatedly thinking that they were somehow denied and wouldn't get the privilege of testing out the Playbook 2.1 beta. Surely someone figured out they are not a real developer. Remorse on possibly not getting away with it develops.

User checks again and every hesitation in the glorious green ring of life means the possibility of being milliseconds closer to downloading the Holy Grail. Sadly, they are denied and fear starts to set in. A craving develops.

User continues to check and considers that their Playbook is broken and must not be capable of the magic bits that will make their device sing. Perhaps they need another one? Wonder is the state of the moment.

An hour passes since they made their first request and, if they haven't already, they return to the form and fill it out again. Obviously, they must have done something wrong.

Then the vicious cycle continues...

Once the user does download the Playbook 2.1 Beta, they will think it's the best thing since sliced bread. The browser is faster, the scattered new features are marvelous. They read reviews on Crackberry and try to post something not already found.

Blackberry Marketing just cemented the "Crackberry" back into you and all the while, they just held back a little from flipping the switch
    neilmann, ..Steve.. and 00stryder like this.
    It is live. 467MB for me.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-31-12 05:51 PM
    It is live. 467MB for me.
    Are you registered as developer?
    05-31-12 05:53 PM
    Are you registered as developer?
    No, just registered pin as directed.
    05-31-12 05:54 PM
    any letters in your pb pin? mines all numbers so wondering if thats whats gone wrong
    05-31-12 05:55 PM
    any letters in your pb pin? mines all numbers so wondering if thats whats gone wrong
    Yes, I have letters.
    05-31-12 05:56 PM
619 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD