Just a noob but can you tell me what is Android multitasking. I installed some Android apps but they seem to fail.Is there some software to get Android apps working how is the usual BB multitasking different from Android multitasking in a playbook.Am I missing something like is there any emulators I need to get Android working.
    When can we expect 2.1 for common man
    06-02-12 01:57 PM
    No added emulator needed, 2.0 and up includes Android already.

2.1 now shows a Window for each Android app instead of one Window for all of them. The multitasking itself hasn't changed much. Android apps can get notifications even when closed. Android apps multitasking like Android java apps, native apps multitask like native QNX apps. You need to set the General tab to Showcase to run all background native apps, otherwise they sleep mostly when not visible.

2.1 public date, only RIM knows.
    06-02-12 02:09 PM
    Just a noob but can you tell me what is Android multitasking. I installed some Android apps but they seem to fail.Is there some software to get Android apps working how is the usual BB multitasking different from Android multitasking in a playbook.Am I missing something like is there any emulators I need to get Android working.
    When can we expect 2.1 for common man
    As for sideloading android apps, you need to convert them from. Apk to. Bar then sign them. The how too for this can be found in the forum. Or you can pm some users and if they are free apps, someone will do it for you. Some will even do pay apps but don't think they announce it in here.
    Yay SOPA!
    06-02-12 05:08 PM
    Anyone else having poor internet speeds via bridge?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    06-02-12 05:22 PM
    I don't understand why they put an older flash player version on there. I was actually thinking about installing this beta for improved android stability, but the older flash version and the increased problems posted that comes along with it really put me off. I know it is just a beta, but why not update the flash to the latest version then instead of going backwards. RIM is constantly behind with the flash versions anyway, thus some flash things simply don't work right. There's been constant complaints about stuff not working anymore, just because the Web sites have updated their flash versions.
    06-02-12 05:34 PM
    Since my security wipe to get Flash working, now Android apps don't start up, either from appworld or sideloaded. Not happy, about ready to go back to 2.0.1... Restart did not help. There isn't an Android enable somewhere is there? Don't recall one from before.
    06-02-12 05:44 PM

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Site tested: Test online your browser speed and CPU performance
    Wi -fi:
    Your SPEED-BATTLE result*:

calculate - 10.24
    Store - 21.33
    Render - 2.03
    Overall 33.6

Bridged:
    Your SPEED-BATTLE result*:

Calculate - 8.68
    Store -18.29
    Render - 2.35
    Overall - 29.32
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-02-12 06:03 PM

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Yes I was and now back on the official. Also had some pages that wouldn't load at all. Can't have that. I imagine when official a phone update will come also.
    06-02-12 08:44 PM
    Hi guys thanks I installed via egoodreader app store who has made the app store available.So I am sideloading the existing bar files but 50 percent appz don't work.I am using a single see one hand playbook and my I'd is not yet registered properly.It says it's registered to someguy already.When I open nook. I reader it doesn't see the sdcard folder and qben I open it using ghost commander it says nook proc ss stopped or crashed.Do you think I should try 2.1 will I have wipe user data for that and plus will I be cut off from auto updates and warranty
    Last edited by nishvarma; 06-02-12 at 11:50 PM.
    06-02-12 11:41 PM
    Anyone know what the "enable reader mode on rotation" actually does? I turned it on and rotate my PlayBook and nothing. Does it mean that the reader mode will now work while in portrait mode? Not sure if it did before update
    06-04-12 02:54 PM
    Anyone know what the "enable reader mode on rotation" actually does? I turned it on and rotate my PlayBook and nothing. Does it mean that the reader mode will now work while in portrait mode? Not sure if it did before update
    That's one feature not working correctly. What's it's supposed to do is go into reader mode when you switch it to portrait mode. Evidently not in this build, check it again and you'll notice it turns the Enable Reader Mode in portrait off by itself.
    06-04-12 03:43 PM
    That's one feature not working correctly. What's it's supposed to do is go into reader mode when you switch it to portrait mode. Evidently not in this build, check it again and you'll notice it turns the Enable Reader Mode in portrait off by itself.
    Okay thanks, I was thinking something was going on with it, because from the sounds of it it should just go to reader mode when you rotate but I wasnt sure. Cant wait for the official update now!
    06-05-12 10:25 AM
    Okay thanks, I was thinking something was going on with it, because from the sounds of it it should just go to reader mode when you rotate but I wasnt sure. Cant wait for the official update now!
    Exactly, another issue is with Kobo Books. You can go into the store, you can read your books, buy books and download etc. All that works perfectly well, although you cannot adjust the font size. You can move the slider left and right but the actual text on the screen won't get larger or smaller.

To be honest, the Dev Beta is actually very polished nonetheless though, the problems that are being mostly reported if the OTA OS update went through correctly are practically none, seems like the majority of features are working properly with the odd anomaly here and there, perhaps this is a good sign that the official (a.k.a "Gold") 2.1.x will be released pretty soon. This also fits very nicely with that late June, early July release date that's been rumoured for a while.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    06-05-12 01:47 PM
    Hmmm, Correct me if I am wrong (I know you will )..but I am remembering 2.0 beta coming out about October, with the official public version coming in February. So I'm thinking that was about 5 months. Using the same time frame with the current beta release puts the official public release somewhere in the vicinity of October...although I hope it will be much sooner.
    06-05-12 05:48 PM
    Only thing you didn't take into account was how much change happened from 1.0 to 2.0.

2.0 to 2.1 won't take nearly as long because there isn't a whole lot of change taking place like it was from 1.0 to 2.0.
    06-05-12 07:03 PM
    Only thing you didn't take into account was how much change happened from 1.0 to 2.0.

2.0 to 2.1 won't take nearly as long because there isn't a whole lot of change taking place like it was from 1.0 to 2.0.
    True. Which makes the June / July forecast look very promising.
    06-05-12 07:36 PM
    True. Which makes the June / July forecast look very promising.
    Unless they want to release it at the same time at the OS10 phone in which case October makes sense if you believe the 10/10 for 10 rumour
    06-06-12 05:44 AM
    Unless they want to release it at the same time at the OS10 phone in which case October makes sense if you believe the 10/10 for 10 rumour
    BB10 for playbook will be released around the bb10 phone launch. 2.1 will come prior to that (July-ish)
    06-06-12 05:47 AM
    BB10 for playbook will be released around the bb10 phone launch. 2.1 will come prior to that (July-ish)
    Here's hoping . I'm getting antsy for a Playbook update over here :s
    07-18-12 01:29 AM
619 ... 232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD