All my apps including androids are still working.
    05-31-12 10:09 PM
    the camera works with the android... yessss ..tried it with in the android gallery .
    05-31-12 10:12 PM
    Wow, easy upgrade. Didn't even backup because nothing critical or non-duplicated on PB. Plugged into PC, went out for lunch and came back and thought it failed because the screen was exactly the same (Andorid apps, etc..). Checked the version and what do you know, it's upgraded.

LOVE Andorid apps in seperate instances!
    05-31-12 11:12 PM
    Last post her. DL right now using Destop manager. Had to whitelist again this morning (it's 7:29 AM here) ten minutes later it was ok. Let's have breakfast, I need a coffee
    06-01-12 12:30 AM
    Anyone here have test video call with 2.0os and 2.1os? Is it working nicely??..i need to confirm this 1st..coz im always video call with my family frens and my gf..
    ralfyguy likes this.
    06-01-12 01:36 AM
    Yep, sucks big time. I knew it wouldn't be fixed in 2.1, but I was still hoping. Blows my mind no one at RIM has tried to send an attachment with an email. Why yes, I'd love to scroll through 13k pictures to find the ones I need to send to a client! Sure, I'd love to do that over and over again if I want to send multiple files on the same email!

If this really hasn't been addressed in 2.1 then it is nothing short of a disgrace. This should have been one of the major priorities in this release. We have to wait then, I suppose, to see if BB10 will incorporate this with NO guarantee that it will. This sort of thing makes my blood boil. 'Professional Grade'? Jeez, don't make me laugh.
    leedium likes this.
    06-01-12 02:45 AM
    It is a Developer's Beta.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-12 05:19 AM
    It is a Developer's Beta.
    Yes but we know that the file manager 'system' won't be resolved with the alpha 2.1 either. I'd bet my house on it.
    06-01-12 05:52 AM
    "Access to the Camera hardware is now supported for Android apps, allowing many more application types to work on the BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet."

This mean that we could finally have Skype in our PlayBooks???

Before the update the Android version works with the PB but without the camera, now... it will works???

Anyone knows it?

Thanks

Cheers!
    06-01-12 06:05 AM
    The file management has got to be the worst part of the pb.
    It sucks on ice. How can such a large company get something so simple so screwed up.

Yep, sucks big time. I knew it wouldn't be fixed in 2.1, but I was still hoping. Blows my mind no one at RIM has tried to send an attachment with an email. Why yes, I'd love to scroll through 13k pictures to find the ones I need to send to a client! Sure, I'd love to do that over and over again if I want to send multiple files on the same email!
    leedium, chr1sg and Magnesus like this.
    06-01-12 06:09 AM
    Lol! My sentiment exactly. All these os upgrades and the essential apps are still dirt. Same goes for the media player and photos app.... Any of these upgraded?
    06-01-12 06:14 AM
    "Access to the Camera hardware is now supported for Android apps, allowing many more application types to work on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet."

This mean that we could finally have Skype in our PlayBooks???

Before the update the Android version works with the PB but without the camera, now... it will works???

Anyone knows it?

Thanks

Cheers!
    Read the thread - we've tried several versions of Skype, but it still doesn't work. After trying to login it says "Please re-install Skype" and then crashes. So no good news so far

// Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    06-01-12 06:20 AM
    and i tried the beta...i can't even see the video audio options
    06-01-12 06:35 AM
    And still no management for bookmark sorting.
    This and file management for sending photos by email without having to go through thousands to find the correct one to attach better be fixed in the 2.1 official release or i am jumping ship.
    I just can't believe RIM are dropping the ball with things like this.
    06-01-12 06:46 AM
    guys..chill out.. it's only a beta
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-01-12 06:54 AM
    I know its a beta, but its a little concerning as to what is not in it and how far it has not come.

Tim
    06-01-12 07:05 AM
    I know its a beta, but its a little concerning as to what is not in it and how far it has not come.

Tim

What? but we have Vertical Email......LMFAO what a joke, if this is progress then im sorry RIM butyou'd be F*****!

When RIM goes bump do you think they will unlock the BOOTLOADER so we can put ICS on it ?
    Last edited by BackDaws; 06-01-12 at 07:12 AM.
    Magnesus likes this.
    06-01-12 07:10 AM
    have u guys noticed that the audio quality improved ? or um just fantasising ?
    06-01-12 07:22 AM
    have u guys noticed that the audio quality improved ? or um just fantasising ?

ive always found the Audio to be amazing quality so if its improved even more then thats a bonus
    06-01-12 07:25 AM
    ive always found the Audio to be amazing quality so if its improved even more then thats a bonus
    yeah ...it's amazing now..

it's even more amazing with winamp

um also happy about the android improvements no more restarting
    Last edited by miroozy; 06-01-12 at 07:30 AM.
    06-01-12 07:27 AM
    C'mon guys... We all know the situation RIM is currntly in. They can't give up all their best stuff on a "beta" device with beta software. My hope is that they are holding out so that they can drop a nice, big surprise for their consumers and wall street at the same time
    06-01-12 07:34 AM
    And still no management for bookmark sorting.
    Take a look at this tutorial: http://opensourcebb.com/2012/03/crea...ybook-browser/
    It's kind of a workaround - if you kniw some basics of HTML, you can create your own bookmark page

// Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    06-01-12 07:40 AM
    Yes but we know that the file manager 'system' won't be resolved with the alpha 2.1 either. I'd bet my house on it.
    I'm sure it won't since an alpha comes before a beta.

Chill people. DEVELEPOR BETA. Not ready for prime time. For DEVELOPERS to test their apps or ones like us that want to play.
    Toodeurep and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-01-12 07:44 AM
    and i tried the beta...i can't even see the video audio options
    We know it's a beta and some of us are quite chill. I knew they wouldn't address it in this version, but still disappointing to see no evidence of it being fixed in any of the future versions. I'm waiting to see a bb10 demo that actually shows it before I get my hopes up. My guess is unless there is an os3.0 coming out, we are sol until bb10 (suicide for them to not have it in bb10).

Edit, how the heck did I quote the wrong post?
    Last edited by h20work; 06-01-12 at 07:48 AM.
    06-01-12 07:45 AM
    We know it's a beta and some of are quite chill. I knew they wouldn't address it in this version, but still disappointing to see no evidence of it being fixed in any of the future versions. I'm waiting to see a bb10 demo that actually shows it before I get my hopes up. My guess is unless there is an os3.0 coming out, we are sol until bb10 (suicide for them to not have it in bb10).

Edit, how the heck did I quote the wrong post?
    it's a shame to have it on my lame N900 and don have it on the PLAYBOOK !!
    06-01-12 07:49 AM
619 ... 2122232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD