Do you need the latest version of skype? Or there's a specific version that you need to test out?
    we just need a working skype bar...

the one i have just keep signing and not workin at all..i wanna try the cam ..if it's workin or not
    05-31-12 07:56 PM
    thx so much... i will try it..i found another version ..a newer version ..

i will try ur other link ..thanks so much ..i hope it works
    Your version doesn't work for me Skype launches, but after clicking the "sign in" button a pop-up appears saying "Please re-install Skype" and after that the app crashes

By the way - someone mentioned Facebook not working - it is actually working fine on my PlayBook. Testing other apps on the go.
    Last edited by Farokh; 05-31-12 at 08:05 PM.
    05-31-12 08:01 PM
    Your version doesn't work for me Skype launches, but after clicking the "sign in" button a pop-up appears saying "Please re-install Skype" and after that the app crashes
    ok get back to the old one...

ur other link is an apk file needs to be converted to a bar...

any way..i think skype won't video chat...

let's try yahoo...
    05-31-12 08:06 PM
    ur other link is an apk file needs to be converted to a bar...
    Yep, figured it out a minute after posting the link

Anybody has a Google+ bar? That's probably even more important than Skype for me. On the older versions of system it did not work due to Android Runtime account limitation.
    05-31-12 08:11 PM

Anybody has a Google+ bar? That's probably even more important than Skype for me. On the older versions of system it did not work due to Android Runtime account limitation.
    i can't find a bar for google+
    05-31-12 08:14 PM

excited! *still twiddling* *twitching increasing*
    i dunno for how long i can hold out for....

Cant wait for the reports...

I know I feel the same way. However, I'm gonna wait because I don't wanna loose anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    pmachado and Jamaicangirl81 like this.
    05-31-12 08:24 PM

Man, if those android runtime limitations will be solved, I'd be jumping around the house. Getting Google Music to work on my PlayBook as an app and not having to use the laggy buggy music website via browser is gonna make my PlayBook worth a lot more to me than my Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    05-31-12 08:36 PM
    Anyone launch local mail or check their account info? Mine is taking its sweet time loading.
    05-31-12 08:36 PM
    So I updated to Beta 2.1 and other than the browser being a little faster I do not see any other changes or updates with 2.1. Still no SMS on the Bridge. Can anyone tell me what they have noticed?
    05-31-12 08:40 PM
    Man, if those android runtime limitations will be solved, I'd be jumping around the house. Getting Google Music to work on my PlayBook as an app and not having to use the laggy buggy music website via browser is gonna make my PlayBook worth a lot more to me than my Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    Try to activate HTML5 on the Google Music website. It's in the upper right corner (options--> labs or so). It's still nothing compared to a dedicated app, but at least it works a bit better than the flash version

So I updated to Beta 2.1 and other than the browser being a little faster I do not see any other changes or updates with 2.1. Still no SMS on the Bridge. Can anyone tell me what they have noticed?
    Try running some Android apps, they now open in separate windows and run much smoother, also try portrait mode for mail, calendar and contacts. Bridge SMS won't be there untill Bridge for smartphones gets an update.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Last edited by Farokh; 05-31-12 at 08:47 PM.
    05-31-12 08:44 PM
    Try to activate HTML5 on the Google Music website. It's in the upper right corner (options--> labs or so). It's still nothing compared to a dedicated app, but at least it works a bit better than the flash version

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Thank you, I have, and it's still a pain in the to select tracks and flip through albums while driving :P
    05-31-12 08:46 PM
    Still looking. My keyboard is really slow though.
    05-31-12 08:46 PM
    Still looking. My keyboard is really slow though.
    Are you using the Blackberry keyboard? I am and it actually seem to fast now with scrolling. LOL!
    05-31-12 09:00 PM
    Are you using the Blackberry keyboard? I am and it actually seem to fast now with scrolling. LOL!
    Nope, on pb keyboard. Also, although websites display faster, they progress bar takes forever.

I like the way android apps launch separately, at least I would if one would fully launch
    05-31-12 09:06 PM
    doing a full wipe and load ... maybe it will speed things up again
    05-31-12 09:16 PM
    Stupid file manager is still stupid.... in case someone's wondering.

// Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    Magnesus likes this.
    05-31-12 09:25 PM
    I know I feel the same way. However, I'm gonna wait because I don't wanna loose anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    There is a sticky for a findings thread in the tablet os section. Personally, I didn't lose anything, but I don't have anything sideloaded.
    05-31-12 09:26 PM
    Any problems with apps u bought? I wouldn't want to lose them
    Just got home, haven't had a chance to download my AppWorld apps yet. I'll report back here sometime tonight or tomorrow
    ceb and Jamaicangirl81 like this.
    05-31-12 09:33 PM
    Just got home, haven't had a chance to download my AppWorld apps yet. I'll report back here sometime tonight or tomorrow
    All my apps stayed and all are still working including the few android ones.
    Jamaicangirl81 likes this.
    05-31-12 09:48 PM
    Stupid file manager is still stupid.... in case someone's wondering.

Yep, sucks big time. I knew it wouldn't be fixed in 2.1, but I was still hoping. Blows my mind no one at RIM has tried to send an attachment with an email. Why yes, I'd love to scroll through 13k pictures to find the ones I need to send to a client! Sure, I'd love to do that over and over again if I want to send multiple files on the same email!
    05-31-12 09:52 PM
    All of mine work too - both native and the Android ones.

05-31-12 09:52 PM
    my android apps not workin..loadin and loadin..but not workin..restartin..and tryin again
    05-31-12 09:59 PM
    I'm trying to do a reinstall and it's failing loading modules. I just did a security wipe adn I'm trying again ... wish me luck.
    05-31-12 10:01 PM
    I'm trying to do a reinstall and it's failing loading modules. I just did a security wipe adn I'm trying again ... wish me luck.
    Seems to be going now ... off to bed and I'll deal with this in the morning.

Good night all!
    05-31-12 10:06 PM
    after restarting my android apps works fine thanks God ...skype is not workin as usual..will try to install another version
    05-31-12 10:09 PM
619 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD