Guys, please show some respect to RIM...they are doing us a favor by releasing this to everyone via "developers beta". They could have just as easily said screw you, we're only giving it to real developers registered with AppWorld.

I know this is frustrating, but we all need to be patient and realize that we can't always be instantly gratified...
    05-31-12 04:27 PM
    RIM really dont help themselves do they? a simple whitelist and update and it screws up....its not like this should be new to them, its really poor. how can they expect to be taken seriously if they get the simple things wrong.
    That's a bit dramatic, dontcha think?
    05-31-12 04:27 PM
    Guys, please show some respect to RIM...they are doing us a favor by releasing this to everyone via "developers beta". They could have just as easily said screw you, we're only giving it to real developers registered with AppWorld.

I know this is frustrating, but we all need to be patient and realize that we can't always be instantly gratified...
    I just deleted the exact same post ... but with less words ;-).
    05-31-12 04:30 PM

Respect to RIM? Really? Should I respect my car dealership when they basically con me out of my trade in? Should I respect them for something that I AM PAYING FOR? I paid for a BB phone and Playbook, this is all what comes from that purchase, nothing but grief. The way RIM acts, it's like when your landlord comes to collect money and you give him a bad check and hope he doesn't cash it untill you have the funds available. You cannot ask people to register for an update and have no update at the other end. So keep drinking the RIM koolaid because it will be you and Mr. Ketchup sitting at a bus stop in two years wondering what could have been.
    05-31-12 04:31 PM
    slccorrado...no not really.

At the moment RIM are under the scrutiny of the entire industry and media. They are going to be reliant on people who believe in the RIM strategy to defend the values that RIM represent in IT departments and at those endless pub conversations where people say their iphone is 'better'...... one of the things you would like to believe they can hold out on is enterprise reliability, yet they botch things like this up...it does not fit with the image they need to put across.
    Last edited by dd3; 05-31-12 at 04:37 PM.
    05-31-12 04:34 PM
    "you currently have the latest software installed"

NO I DON'T
    00stryder likes this.
    05-31-12 04:34 PM
    Respect to RIM? Really? Should I respect my car dealership when they basically con me out of my trade in? Should I respect them for something that I AM PAYING FOR? I paid for a BB phone and Playbook, this is all what comes from that purchase, nothing but grief. The way RIM acts, it's like when your landlord comes to collect money and you give him a bad check and hope he doesn't cash it untill you have the funds available. You cannot ask people to register for an update and have no update at the other end. So keep drinking the RIM koolaid because it will be you and Mr. Ketchup sitting at a bus stop in two years wondering what could have been.
    Hey buddy, you do realize this isn't meant for the general public, right? It's a DEVELOPERS beta
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-31-12 04:36 PM
    Umm... nobody asked you to register and download the developer 2.1 update. You did that all on your own. Now, if this was the commercial/official 2.1 update, then fine. But unless you are a developer yourself, with the intention of using this update to test your apps on, you really have no stake it in at all. Your Playbook certainly doesn't need it.
    Stewartj1 and app_Developer like this.
    05-31-12 04:38 PM
    being a valid developer is irrelevant at the moment as its not possible to register and download because their update system is screwed..

not that Im not a valid downloader...just that Im also someone who has to form an opinion of RIM going forward, thats the point Im making.
    05-31-12 04:40 PM
    Are you eligible for the beta, so that you could be bitter that much ?

C'mon ... just wait until tomorrow, relax, have a beer ... are you such in a rush ?
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-31-12 04:40 PM

At the moment RIM are under the scrutiny of the entire industry and media. They are going to be reliant on people who believe in the RIM strategy to defend the values that RIM represent in IT departments and at those endless pub conversations where people say their iphone is 'better'...... one of the things you would like to believe they can hold out on is enterprise reliability, yet they botch things like this up...it does not fit with the image they need to put across.
    Really?? Outside of us Playbook freaks you think this is the kind of thing the general consumer is paying attention to? I doubt it. People are certainly talking about RIM these days and it isn't all that positive but a dev os release glitch will not register an anyone's radar except ours.
    05-31-12 04:41 PM
    I'll give them another 40 min before going home.

has anyone been able to download. I thought I saw one but i dont know if it was a joke
    05-31-12 04:41 PM

At the moment RIM are under the scrutiny of the entire industry and media. They are going to be reliant on people who believe in the RIM strategy to defend the values that RIM represent, one of which is enterprise reliability, yet they botch things up...it does not fit with the image they need to put across.
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. I get where you're coming form, but I don't think it's the end of the world. And I own stock haha
    05-31-12 04:42 PM
    I'll give them another 40 min before going home.

has anyone been able to download. I thought I saw one but i dont know if it was a joke
    I have seen one or two posts from people claiming they are downloading, but no proof to back it up.
    05-31-12 04:43 PM
    Has something gone wrong ?
    05-31-12 04:43 PM
    yep some get invalid pin and others like myself aren't siing the updat yet
    05-31-12 04:45 PM
    Well folks, daddy's going to sleep it's about midnight here.

Stay calm, leave your PB alone until you see some successfully DL the beta is my nite advice.

Peace
    05-31-12 04:50 PM
    yep some get invalid pin and others like myself aren't siing the updat yet
    im not getting the update either sigh.
    05-31-12 04:51 PM
    Well folks, daddy's going to sleep it's about midnight here.

Stay calm, leave your PB alone until you see some successfully DL the beta is my nite advice.

Peace
    We'll see ya tomorrow
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-31-12 04:54 PM
    RIM is such a terrible company because of the problems they have with updates. Apple and Google NEVER have problems with their updates.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    05-31-12 04:55 PM
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. I get where you're coming form, but I don't think it's the end of the world. And I own stock haha
    Haha made me laugh. It really isn't important. It's going to give you 50% of what you didn't know you needed. If you're a glass is half full person you'll rave about the new features, buy stock and be happy no matter what. If you're negative you won't be happy unless it starts ejecting liquid gold through the HDMI port.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-31-12 04:55 PM
    RIM is such a terrible company because of the problems they have with updates. Apple and Google NEVER have problems with their updates.
    Haha I see what ya did there That's a good one
    05-31-12 04:57 PM
    Some people couldn't download iOS5 because they choked the servers, that's a problem in my books.

This is an issue with a DEV BETA release, not an official release, like in Apple's case.
    05-31-12 04:58 PM
    RIM are embarrassing themselves here, i know its only a developer release but they cant ever deliver when they say, the press are going to have something else to dog them about now.
    05-31-12 04:58 PM
    RIM are embarrassing themselves here, i know its only a developer release but they cant ever deliver when they say, the press are going to have something else to dog them about now.
    This isn't even a blip on the radar. Nobody is going to care about this, whether it had rolled out perfectly or not, nobody besides the dedicated BB press would even mention this.
    genericscissors2 likes this.
    05-31-12 05:02 PM
619 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD