Its not speculation when the playbook product manager says its coming before may is over and there is just over a day left in May. So today or tomorrow it will arrive.
    Lol! Maybe I should have been more clear with my statement. I was mainly referring speculation as to what exactly is going to be in it...but also maybe a little bit of "it'll be here today by xyz o'clock, this morning, tomorrow"... Just trying to keep my sense of humor in a world of seriousness...
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 05-30-12 at 01:39 PM.
    05-30-12 01:17 PM
    how do we sign up for the beta ?
    05-30-12 01:23 PM
    I hope the rumors of skype integration are true. Without skype bb10 doesn't have a chance.
    miroozy and ralfyguy like this.
    05-30-12 01:24 PM
    A link will be provided in a BlackBerry Dev Blog Post in which you input your email, PlayBook PIN and agree to the Terms and Conditions.

The update is then pushed to your PlayBook.
    miroozy likes this.
    05-30-12 01:31 PM
    I hope the rumors of skype integration are true. Without skype bb10 doesn't have a chance.
    I don't think there will be Skype. Sorry.
    05-30-12 01:37 PM
    I think you need to join the developer beta program. Visit developer.blackberry.com
    miroozy likes this.
    05-30-12 01:38 PM
    While that is likely being worked on, there's not a hope in he11 we'll see it in this preview (much as I'd love to be proven wrong on that).

There's an outside chance that a converted APK might finally work, though, with the new camera API for Android apps...
    05-30-12 01:39 PM
    True there are a lot of morons out there, but I have never come across anyone giving Apple credit for a jailbreak tweak. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    I have...many times
    05-30-12 01:41 PM
    Well according to this post on twitter we could all be surprised.

Reincubate ‏@reincubate

Longing for native #BBM or Skype on your #PlayBook? Stay tuned for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 Beta! http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pla...esting-v210560
    05-30-12 01:52 PM

Reincubate ‏@reincubate

Longing for native #BBM or Skype on your #PlayBook? Stay tuned for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 Beta! http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pla...esting-v210560
    I apologize, but who is Reincubate? And where in link does it talk about BBM or Skype? Did I skim over it, or is it in the comments that I missed? Seems like that would be huge news if it came from a known employee.

Edit: Short story shorter, don't know where you got that information, but I am skeptical. I could be wrong, but I will not be holding my breath for either of those 2 things in this beta.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 05-30-12 at 02:04 PM.
    05-30-12 01:59 PM

Reincubate ‏@reincubate

Never heard of these guys and using a CrackBerry article where BBM or Skype are not mentioned as proof does not prove that they know something no one else does.
    05-30-12 02:06 PM

Reincubate ‏@reincubate

This twitter user is grossly mistaken!

BBM on PBOS/BBOS10 is still far away from being compete, let a lone being usable and not buggy.

Second, Skype is not coming to PlayBook anytime soon. The idea is to integrate Video Chat into BBM.
    05-30-12 02:09 PM
    Never heard of these guys and using a CrackBerry article where BBM or Skype are not mentioned as proof does not prove that they know something no one else does.
    Yes I saw this earlier on twitter. Pure garbage!
    05-30-12 02:10 PM

BBM on PBOS/BBOS10 is still far away from being compete, let a lone being usable and not buggy.

Second, Skype is not coming to PlayBook anytime soon. The idea is to integrate Video Chat into BBM.
    I've heard that the idea is to integrate skype into video chat actually.
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    05-30-12 02:12 PM

So only Blackberry user can communicate with other blackberry users. Thats pretty lame. better to intgrate Skype into Video Chat, then that into BBM
    Gerii and BB_Bmore like this.
    05-30-12 02:15 PM
    I apologize, but who is Reincubate? And where in link does it talk about BBM or Skype? Did I skim over it, or is it in the comments that I missed? Seems like that would be huge news if it came from a known employee.

Edit: Short story shorter, don't know where you got that information, but I am skeptical. I could be wrong, but I will not be holding my breath for either of those 2 things in this beta.
    "Reincubate" seems to be some sort of software company. They made some tool for extracting data from iPhone backups. They have a few tweets related to BB/RIM as well. Not sure where they get their info about BBM or Skype from though, I see no sign of an official partnership with RIM or anything like that, so unless they have access to some secret industry grape vine, I can't see how they'd have more info than anyone else. As you say, I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath on the basis of this.
    05-30-12 02:26 PM
    I wonder if this update will introduce the talked about side loading limitations. I don't care about restricting native bb apps, but I won't be happy if I loose some of my converted android ones.
    05-30-12 02:42 PM
    While that is likely being worked on, there's not a hope in he11 we'll see it in this preview (much as I'd love to be proven wrong on that).

There's an outside chance that a converted APK might finally work, though, with the new camera API for Android apps...
    Yea i wouldnt think we would see it in 2.1 no way! I do however think that it has to be available for bb10.
    05-30-12 02:49 PM
    I wonder if this update will introduce the talked about side loading limitations. I don't care about restricting native bb apps, but I won't be happy if I loose some of my converted android ones.
    My understanding is that the last 2.0.1 introduced their 'changes' -- AKA encrypting App World downloads so they can't be sideloaded. I could be wrong on that though.
    05-30-12 03:03 PM
    Um scared to be disappointed ..and the update is just a security update :S um not expecting much this time..
    05-30-12 03:43 PM
    Tuesday is their normal release date. That day has passed with only the stock price dropping like a rock. There is a major storm brewing within RIM.
    Actually a dev beta has been released on a Wednesday twice already. Once at around 1pm and once at around 10pm.
    05-30-12 03:45 PM
    Um scared to be disappointed ..and the update is just a security update :S um not expecting much this time..
    It's already been confirmed that it will be much more than a simple security update...how much more remains to be seen.
    05-30-12 03:45 PM
    If they disabled sideloading you can always just go back to 2.0.1. It would be foolish for them to do that so don't believe everything you read.
    05-30-12 03:47 PM
    It's already been confirmed that it will be much more than a simple security update...how much more remains to be seen.
    I hope so...i need many things

more stable android = multi-tasking android
    more native playbook apps not android ones..like twitter..msn ..yahoo..forget about skype and such things..i got bored

need the otg usb host mode to be activated.

more language packs ...

and i need somethin badly ..a task bar...so u don have to switch between many windows..

If they disabled sideloading you can always just go back to 2.0.1. It would be foolish for them to do that so don't believe everything you read.
    what !! if they do that ..i will break it in half..immediately !
    05-30-12 03:53 PM
    Of course its more than stability fixes hence the dot one next to the two lol. Usb otg is rumored for 2.1 but don't know if it will be in the beta or not.
    05-30-12 04:07 PM
619 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD