Gotta love speculation run wild. Makes for an entertaining read. Figure it will get here when it gets here and it will be what it will be.
    05-30-12 10:41 AM
    Its not speculation when the playbook product manager says its coming before may is over and there is just over a day left in May. So today or tomorrow it will arrive.
    05-30-12 11:02 AM
    Its not speculation when the playbook product manager says its coming before may is over and there is just over a day left in May. So today or tomorrow it will arrive.
    Tuesday is their normal release date. That day has passed with only the stock price dropping like a rock. There is a major storm brewing within RIM.
    05-30-12 11:16 AM
    Tuesday is their normal release date. That day has passed with only the stock price dropping like a rock. There is a major storm brewing within RIM.
    They've also done Friday a few times. But this one won't be pushed directly to phones. It's a beta so it will be available via the beta site.
    05-30-12 11:22 AM
    I'm gonna go with what he said about it coming out before May is over with, regardless of what's going on with the stock and the fact that it's been on Tuesday's.

I actually think we will see it today
    05-30-12 11:29 AM
    Later tonight, it's backup time...
    05-30-12 11:40 AM
    I'm looking forward to this. The hope is that it's as much as a step forward as 2.0 was. Knowing that was a beta, I loved it.
    05-30-12 11:43 AM
    If it was an official 2.1 release then there would be more of an expectation that it would have been released on a Tuesday (though Tuesday is a traditional day, not a law), but it is a beta and is a little more loose.

Even though it is a beta I expect it to be out today or tomorrow because they said by the end of May. Due to the massive delay in 2.0, they cannot miss a date (or even a set of dates, like "May")... even for something like a beta. They learned a hard lesson and cannot afford to push back anything like other companies can.

I think they know that and that we can download it like 2.0 (through the website) today or tomorrow. I am thinking tomorrow, because didn't they wait until the last possible Tuesday to release the official 2.0?
    05-30-12 11:51 AM
    Michael Clewley 'i know everyome is excited and OS updates are always great but the hype has just gotten crazy . It's beta, so not all things will be there'
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    05-30-12 12:00 PM
    Ok so he first said nothing is being held back like it was in 2.0 beta but low and behold that isnt the case now>>>@MichaelClewley I know everyone is excited and OS updates are always great but the hype has just gotten crazy .It's beta, so not all things will be there!>>
    05-30-12 12:00 PM
    Ok so he first said nothing is being held back like it was in 2.0 beta but low and behold that isnt the case now>>>@MichaelClewley I know everyone is excited and OS updates are always great but the hype has just gotten crazy .It's beta, so not all things will be there!>>
    He said no applications would be disabled like the video chat in the 2.0 beta. Some new features probably won't be there, non-development related ones like the portrait PIM apps.
    05-30-12 12:05 PM
    I wonder whats missing because apparently its not apps!
    05-30-12 12:05 PM
    He said no applications would be disabled like the video chat in the 2.0 beta. Some new features probably won't be there, non-development related ones like the portrait PIM apps.
    features like android multi tasking,bridge text,etc..all the good stuff

o well im still curious to check out if anything has changed with the browser
    05-30-12 12:07 PM
    Keep your expectations in line. Michael Clewley just tweeted the following:

Michael Clewley‏@MichaelClewley

I know everyone is excited and OS updates are always great but the hype has just gotten crazy .It's beta, so not all things will be there!
    05-30-12 12:07 PM
    Yep so by the time the final version released we can expect some more extra features to have been added.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    05-30-12 12:08 PM
    Yep so by the time the final version released we can expect some more extra features to have been added.
    Ability to organise favourites and cursor keys on the keyboard ???
    05-30-12 12:12 PM
    The way I interpreted everything that he said was that it will be a full version and everything finished will be there. However I figured there are more *unfinished* items/integrated features that will be seen in the final release.

@Blockbuy, I too really really hope for browser organization! Maybe even (hopefully!) an ability to use folders for favorites.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 05-30-12 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-30-12 12:32 PM
    I would think that they have stuff thats not ready, so they are disableing it for now to get the update out. and to keep it stable. we will see what they have ready by the end of tomorow. hopefully some time today though. I just want a "not today" if its not going to be today
    05-30-12 12:35 PM
    features like android multi tasking,bridge text,etc..all the good stuff

o well im still curious to check out if anything has changed with the browser
    He said not everything will be there. That is understandable, but it is safe to assume at least some, if not most, of the features announced for 2.1 will be present in some form.
    05-30-12 12:42 PM
    It's a jailbreak tweak that has nothing to do with Apple. Only a moron would give Apple any sort of credit for it.
    Have you looked outside? There are a lot of Morons out there. I know it's a jailbreak tweak, but I don't see that as a big deterrent for people who want to give credit for it to Apple.
    thedark722 and MoolahMitch like this.
    05-30-12 12:49 PM
    I've got this horrible sinking feeling that this update is going to be a massive disappointment.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-12 12:51 PM
    Just to be able to organise browser favourites
    Cursor keys on the keyboard
    Ability to hide files etc

Nothing more required here
    Yes I want those too....Especially the Cursor Keys. I never knew I would miss arrow keys so much.....
    05-30-12 12:53 PM
    Have you looked outside? There are a lot of Morons out there. I know it's a jailbreak tweak, but I don't see that as a big deterrent for people who want to give credit for it to Apple.
    True there are a lot of morons out there, but I have never come across anyone giving Apple credit for a jailbreak tweak. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    05-30-12 12:54 PM
    I've got this horrible sinking feeling that this update is going to be a massive disappointment.

A negative post from BackDaws? Shocking...
    Barljo likes this.
    05-30-12 12:55 PM

It's a DEVELOPER BETA

(Capitals for the emphasis on the words )
    hytran, Toodeurep and BBPandy like this.
    05-30-12 12:59 PM
619 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD