to install apps on my pb via bridging to phone.I don't have wifi.
    Just tether instead of bridge. It'll work fine and be the same speed. Personally, I couldn't imagine trying to download and install an app via BT speeds.

BTW...If you don't have access to Wifi, how do you plan on updating to begin with? If you find it important enough to find a Wifi hotspot in order to update, how is it not important enough for app installations?
    furot likes this.
    05-29-12 10:28 PM
    Finally Instagram for android could work...since it stops at camera check... Hope the camera will work withing the player now...The mic does

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    05-29-12 11:27 PM
    Netflix, Skype and Instagram ...blah, blah, blah...I have an IPAD and rarely use any of these. Same as Draw Something..used it for about 3 days and it became insanely repetative and boring. Bottom line is PB browser is superior to IPAD and it's what iget the most use out of.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-30-12 12:18 AM
    This update is targeted at Devs as it is a BETA for 2.1.

2.1 will bring new features, just one's not mentioned or showcased predominantly at BBWC12.

Things like:
    Wifi Bridge
    SMS Bridge
    Portrait Message App
    among other smaller improvements throughout the OS.

This update is not a final build of 2.1, so certain features may be missing or not working to their fullest.
    I read that Android Camera API is in the pipeline along with PBOS multitasking (which has already been mentioned in this thread), if it makes it into 2.1 and opens up some big name apps, we might be onto something special...or at least closer to catching up before BB10 release.
    05-30-12 12:38 AM
    Just tether instead of bridge. It'll work fine and be the same speed. Personally, I couldn't imagine trying to download and install an app via BT speeds.

BTW...If you don't have access to Wifi, how do you plan on updating to begin with? If you find it important enough to find a Wifi hotspot in order to update, how is it not important enough for app installations?
    I wouldn't be downloading game though,just small footprint apps.
    05-30-12 01:23 AM
    Great news! Looking forward to seeing what's new.
    Yes, I thinks so - Great news
    05-30-12 02:02 AM
    What's being implied with "dev beta"? Will this release be available only to developers for now? Will it be open to everyone but optional via the new Desktop Manager 7.0?
    05-30-12 02:09 AM
    How do I sign up with Blackberry to get the 2.1 beta pushed to my tablet?
    05-30-12 02:11 AM
    How do I sign up with Blackberry to get the 2.1 beta pushed to my tablet?

i don't think the link is available yet

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    rango10 likes this.
    05-30-12 04:06 AM
    Don't refer to it as the "Octopus Keyboard"

The Octopus Keyboard is a copy of the BlackBerry 10 Keyboard. It's bad enouph that ifans & the media will probably give apple credit for revolutionising/refining the touch keyboard, we don't need BB fans also saying that.
    It's a jailbreak tweak that has nothing to do with Apple. Only a moron would give Apple any sort of credit for it.
    05-30-12 05:05 AM
    i hope it comes with the android multi-tasking and the usb host..
    05-30-12 06:07 AM
    i hope it comes with the android multi-tasking and the usb host..
    Android multitasking is confirmed already. USB OTG (i.e. USB host) is not, RIM have never officially said it will ever be added I don't think. (Could be wrong on that, but I am fairly confident they certainly never said it would be present in 2.1). Don't hold your breath on that one coming in 2.1.
    05-30-12 06:34 AM
    Android multitasking is confirmed already. USB OTG (i.e. USB host) is not, RIM have never officially said it will ever be added I don't think. (Could be wrong on that, but I am fairly confident they certainly never said it would be present in 2.1). Don't hold your breath on that one coming in 2.1.
    if that's true..i will regret not buyin the 64 GB version forever

my 16 GB is not enough ...

but what about the android multi-tasking..will it be more stable ? i mean i won't have to restart the playbook because the android player stops working ?
    05-30-12 06:42 AM
    Just to be able to organise browser favourites
    Cursor keys on the keyboard
    Ability to hide files etc

Nothing more required here
    05-30-12 07:02 AM
    I'm excited to give this a try. But I will wait for at least a couple days after its released to see what others have to say first.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    05-30-12 07:12 AM
    Yes I'm gonna wait too!
    05-30-12 07:16 AM
    I will also wait for a while before trying this out to see what problems if any people are having.
    I want folder selection when i go to email a photo, don't care about android stuff unless this update makes onenote work then i might consider using android apps.
    05-30-12 07:22 AM
    I work in an operations IT roll for that brown courier company and many times I have thrown bad software back at devs gleefully.

They got kicks out of me telling them I had broken their attempts to release a new build. I still tweet one who has now left the company!

Give me stuff to break already RIM!!
    05-30-12 07:38 AM
    Anyone able to ask a source whether its likely to be today?
    05-30-12 08:01 AM
    I'm gonna jump on this as soon as it comes out. If SMS bridging is gonna be available, my prayers are finally answered. I wanted that to be included ever since bridging was available. I sadly care about that way more than I care about BBM, since I text way more people than people I actually BBM with.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    blockbuy and blackberry-pimp like this.
    05-30-12 08:06 AM
    Doesn't a bridge update normally come a few hours before? I cant see the latest version already having wifi and sms bridge features
    05-30-12 08:13 AM
    You may have to wait for the official release to get the bridge update
    Last edited by juice1179; 05-30-12 at 09:41 AM.
    05-30-12 08:21 AM
    I hope this means its coming today!!!
    05-30-12 09:37 AM
    I will also wait for a while before trying this out to see what problems if any people are having.
    I want folder selection when i go to email a photo, don't care about android stuff unless this update makes onenote work then i might consider using android apps.
    I'm dying for folder support! Sadly, I haven't seen any mention of it at all. Hope they surprise us and throw in a few extras like that.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-12 09:47 AM
    Yes, he's teasing now - lol

You dont post something like that if it's not coming out
    05-30-12 09:55 AM
619 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD