Anyone have upgrade to os 2.1?? Any advantage on this new os since its still in beta version....
    06-14-12 01:39 PM
    i did and android player is so much better. i do not experience android apps crashing as much. almost none to be honest.
    06-14-12 01:56 PM
    are any of the native apps removed like the 2.0 beta?
    06-14-12 01:59 PM
    I went back to OS 2.0 from 2.1 beta. The browser was crashing daily. Not worth the hassle.

One problem I forgot to mention about my experience with the Beta. It messed up my Video Chat call lists. Some contacts were missing and could not be added back to list. There was some kind of error message with the server.
    Last edited by ninepbs; 06-15-12 at 12:11 PM.
    Willard814 and bluetroll like this.
    06-14-12 02:11 PM
    No native apps are removed that I'm aware of. And as said, the android player is much more stable. On top of that, you can run muliple android apps at the same time- not just one at a time as in 2.0. Further, the android player has access to the PB's cameras, so some android camera apps will now work
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-14-12 02:13 PM
    And portrait native mail.

Browser enhancements as well.

I had to wipe and reinstall due to Flash issues but it works pretty well now but there are quirks for sure so unless you need to test stuff you might want to wait.
    ninepbs likes this.
    06-14-12 02:18 PM
    Well here's what i have found with Beta 2.1 first the battery life seems to have greater improvement also android apps work perfectly such as winamp which used to crash whenever i used it official Blackberry playbook bluetooth keyboard stays connected and connects quickly, using a bluetooth headset works excellently and lastly no apps where affected during upgrade like 2.01 so my advice to everyone is download and enjoy ..i was sceptical about using a Beta again since i had mixed feelings over all the other previous Playbook Beta's that were half done with issues ..this is by far the best no complaints
    06-14-12 02:19 PM
    The only problem I've found with 2.1 is my bridge email doesn't work. I try to open it and it flashes a black screen then a white screen and continues the cycle, email never loads.

Mike
    06-14-12 02:34 PM
    Has anyone tried sideloading anything on the Beta? I just tried and it didn't work... could be user error though as I don't do it that often.
    06-14-12 02:41 PM
    Has anyone tried sideloading anything on the Beta? I just tried and it didn't work... could be user error though as I don't do it that often.
    I've sideloaded MANY apps successfully.
    kyleheney likes this.
    06-14-12 02:55 PM
    What are you using to sideload? DDPB? I'm using DDPB 1.0.6
    06-14-12 02:59 PM
    Very solid beta version for me. No browser crashing here...at all! Android player rocks and portrait pim apps are awesome. Again its very solid and I didn't wipe before installing either.
    06-14-12 03:07 PM
    I think I'm running 1.0.8.0.
    06-14-12 03:09 PM
    I'm having great success with 2.1. The android player is vastly improved - it finally delivers on the promise of seamless app integration that RIM made when th PB first shipped. In fact, I find myself using more and more android apps as the stability and multitasking is now rock solid.

Frankly, they made a mistake hyping 2.0. The 2.1 OS is the real deal and puts the PB head an shoulders above most android tablets. Too bad the media will ignore it since they've already written the company off...

RCK
    06-14-12 06:10 PM
    The only problem I've found with 2.1 is my bridge email doesn't work. I try to open it and it flashes a black screen then a white screen and continues the cycle, email never loads.

Mike

do not have the same problem. bridged email works perfectly

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    steve911 likes this.
    06-14-12 06:29 PM
    Bridge and sideloading works.

Bluetooth works but sometimes the audio gets stuck and won't Play and I have to restart it when using my Rocketfish MAB2 headphones. Wired Sony heahones don't seem to have this issue. Not sure if this is a new issue as I just got the RF.
    06-14-12 08:11 PM
    Browser crashes once in a while. Other than that, no issues. I never use portrait mode, so that's no big deal. If/when I can text on my Playbook, I'll be completely settled in. I freakin' LOVE my Playbook (no offense to my Bold!).
    06-14-12 08:22 PM
    havent had any trouble with the 2.1 so far.
    the android player works well. the sideloaded stuff works well.

i do feel like my PB gets hotter to me these days though. dunno if it's related... or maybe i'm messing with it a lot... i dunno
    06-14-12 08:25 PM
    so final version will be released?
    06-14-12 08:32 PM
    Battery life sucked for me on 2.1. Would go dead in 3 hrs. Ditched it.
    06-14-12 11:57 PM
    How do you get 2.1, is this available to everyone to try.
    06-15-12 04:16 AM
    You have to sign up for the beta and that is open to anyone. But at the moment, the link escapes me!
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-15-12 08:57 AM
    I probably missed it, but is there any definite date or season the official OS2.1 will be released?
    06-15-12 10:56 AM
    I probably missed it, but is there any definite date or season the official OS2.1 will be released?
    Soon, Q4, right around the corner, coming and "No and Yes".

This is all good for me! I love my Playbook as is. Any update is like a great X-mas bonus.
    06-15-12 12:07 PM
    Here is the link for "Register your PlayBook for Beta access"

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register
    06-15-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD