I just found it out. But it's not turned on by itself. You have to go into each individual subfolder to turn on the auto-sync on your Playbook. I'm glad RIM got it working, hopefully they'll remove the 30 day limit soon.
    08-13-12 09:33 AM
    I just found it out. But it's not turned on by itself. You have to go into each individual subfolder to turn on the auto-sync on your Playbook. I'm glad RIM got it working, hopefully they'll remove the 30 day limit soon.
    Ugh...I hope that changes in the final release of 2.1. Not being able to see sub-folders is one of the few shortcomings I've seen in the current PB software, and the idea of having to activate them one-by-one sounds tedious. Hoefully, there will be an option to turn on the auto-synch function at the folder level.
    08-13-12 10:50 AM
    and Full IMAP Folder support.
    08-13-12 11:00 AM
    I agree. I've been trying to use the PB as an alternative to a laptop with Outlook/Exchange, and found the sub-folders issue to be a problem. I tried using my wife's Mac, using OWA (Outlook Web Access) as an alternative. But I just discovered that absent specific browsers (such as IE 7 or above, I believe), it too doesn't display sub-folders, although you can get to them in a very tedious manner. And, like others, I haven't been able to access OWA with the PlayBook's browser.
    08-13-12 11:18 AM
    I noticed this as well. It's definitely a welcome addition. My iPad has always synced the folders, so I was a bit frustrated that the PB is not able to. I'm glad they're planning on fixing this. Now if only my 9700 could sync folders from exchange...
    08-13-12 11:24 AM
    Who says they are planning on fixing this. "They" communicate with no one.
    08-13-12 12:53 PM
    08-13-12 01:17 PM
    I agree. I've been trying to use the PB as an alternative to a laptop with Outlook/Exchange, and found the sub-folders issue to be a problem. I tried using my wife's Mac, using OWA (Outlook Web Access) as an alternative. But I just discovered that absent specific browsers (such as IE 7 or above, I believe), it too doesn't display sub-folders, although you can get to them in a very tedious manner. And, like others, I haven't been able to access OWA with the PlayBook's browser.
    To clarify my comments, besides having access to the Outlook/Exchange server sub-folders content, I'd also like to be able to collapse the sub-folders. In the current ActiveSynch format, all sub-folders are being shown, creating a very long scroll list. It would be ideal to have the same capability as in native Outlook - expand or contract the list.
    08-13-12 03:00 PM
    30 day limit?
    08-13-12 05:05 PM
    30 day limit?
    You can only store 30 days emails maximum on PB.
    08-14-12 08:10 AM
    This is what the folder looks like on my PlayBook. I'm using 2.1.0.1032. Do I have the setting correct?

ps: I can't figure out how to do a screenshot with 2.1.0.1032. The "press volume up + volume down" function doesn't seem to work.

2.1 is able to sync Exchange subfolders now-img-20121011-00022.jpg
    10-11-12 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD