anybody else having issues with the new update and wifi or video playback?.
    my wifi connection keeps dropping and re connecting. all my other devices work fine on my network.
    09-25-12 11:02 PM
    When did you update and how long has this been happening?
    09-25-12 11:23 PM
    All good here, connection is solid and no issues streaming video or with onboard video playback.
    09-25-12 11:54 PM
    Mine also,

sometimes need restart just to make it work,
    if browsing, simply it does not resolving names...

happened since 1mb update on beta 840
    09-26-12 12:32 AM
    same problem. what is weird i had this beta os installed for a while no problem. all of the sudden i cannot connect to my router. weird. i guess risk of running beta os.
    09-26-12 12:48 AM
    Well my wifi and bluetooth died completely; and just seen another thread where the wifi has died. ( Not sure if that person had done the 1mb update too.) Funny thing is that my PB didn't automatically reboot after the update; I wonder if it did something that sent the wifi into overdrive and burnt it out?

Has OP done a turn off and on, or the three button reset? Didn't do anything for me, but if wifi is still working intermittently, may do something - or might make matters worse, who knows?
    09-26-12 01:55 AM
    i called Rim and they told me to reinstall os. i really do not want to do it. i have so many sideloaded apps. backup omits apps that do not come from the store. it will take me a lot of time to put it back the way it was. this sucks imo.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    09-26-12 07:08 AM
    Bitek, im on .668 and a while back my wifi was dropping all the time after an os update. It really pssd me off cause I didnt change anything, but i didnt want to wipe like rim suggested. In the end i changed setting INSIDE the wifi router. Eventually the wifi problem was fixed, there are so many setting to play about with that i cant even remember what i did but now my connection is good.
    Hope you get yours back up and running .
    Cheers.
    09-26-12 02:09 PM
    Same here. the 1MB update came-in not long after I had installed 2.1.0.840 beta, but I think that it started after the 1MB update.
    It happens when I have 1 or 2 bars, but not when I am close to the router (BT HomeHub 2).
    09-26-12 04:02 PM
    hey guys yes i tried hard resets and it didnt do anything i was also trying the hard resets bcuz im having problems playing videos that i should be able to play since the update. ive been running the beta for a while and just installed the 1mb 840 update and it seems to be since then its really bad. my wifi drops in the middle of a wifi file transfer or just whenever it feels like and also another thing i noticed today that really pissed me off was ALL my saved networks were gone for some reason. so when i went to my dads today it didnt connect on its own right when i pulled in the driveway like it usually does and i could not connect manually to his router for some reason and it was running fine (had multiple things hooked up to it as usual).
    09-26-12 07:04 PM
    Try enable ipv6 and allow interest access point handover in the playbook wifi settings for each connection.
    09-26-12 09:03 PM
    Is it a D-Link Router? I have had issues with Wifi being dropped when connected to D-Links. Linksys has no problem
    09-26-12 09:39 PM
    I am on beta. No 1mb update. Never had any issues with wireless or router.
    09-26-12 09:46 PM
    I have full bar in the office but no traffic once in a while. Something maybe wrong with the AP in my office because my pb seems never dropping connection at home.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-12 02:12 AM
    Same here, was on the beta from release day with no problems however since the 1mb update I've had four or five instances of wifi dropping out even though all other devices maintain a solid connection. Restart generally sorts it but it's annoying (boot time doesn't help the irritation much either).
    09-27-12 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD