Long time reader first time poster.. I downloaded the beta this week and for the most part everything is working fine. Email on portrait is awesome! But I do have one problem though, it seems that flash doesn't work on the native browser anymore. I've hard rebooted a number of times but no luck. I downloaded the Dolphin browser and flash seems to be working on it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance..
    08-12-12 11:26 AM
    Check options to see if Flash is enabled. Clean cache and reboot. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with Flash in 2.1... Hope you don't have to wipe.
    08-12-12 12:13 PM
    Check options to see if Flash is enabled. Clean cache and reboot. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with Flash in 2.1... Hope you don't have to wipe.
    Thanks. Tried your suggestion but no luck yet. I hate to wipe because I'm unable to back up my apps via desktop.
    08-12-12 02:10 PM
    That's strange, considering Dolphin Browser on the PB does not support flash. You might try sideloading Air Browser (not the file browser) which is the same as the native Browser to see if flash will work in it. I run both "Air Browser" and "Browser" on my PB, one with java and flash enabled and one with both disabled. The disabled browser loads pages much faster so I use it for general browsing, while I use the enabled browser for sites where I need flash and/or java. http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...airBrowser.bar
    08-12-12 02:24 PM
    Once I installed OS 2.1 Beta I had to use the SecWipe option in order to get my flash, among a few other features, to work... Although I don't consider doing them a hassle [I just do SecWipes on a routine basis for e-housekeeping] I know many people do...
    08-12-12 02:27 PM
    is dolphin browser a native or android app ? android apps have no flash support
    08-12-12 02:46 PM
    Dolphin is android.
    08-12-12 02:56 PM
    I just did the same thing. Downloaded the 2.1 beta due to some issues with the .068 upgrade and battery drain. Discovered that flash wasn't working and had to do a security wipe and reinstall. My pb has never been able to backup either. I was able to save my media and files but have now spent the morning reloading and going through my apps.

On the upside flash is working, browser seems faster, and all my apps are still in my appworld.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    08-12-12 03:02 PM
    I'm also having issues with my flash, no yahoo videos will even load half the time and even youtube isn't working right.. Trying to enable/disable flash and reboot. No luck yet.. Also I'm on .668
    08-12-12 03:07 PM
    Why? What's wrong with Desktop Manager?
    08-12-12 04:21 PM
    Why? What's wrong with Desktop Manager?
    Some users have never been able to get backup to work with Desktop Manager. I have tried several times and have never been able to get it to work. It always seems like it's going to but then I get an error message that my pb has maybe turned off or lost connection even though it hasn't.

I should have tried again I suppose and reloaded my apps one at a time but I don't have the time or patience to do that.
    08-12-12 04:31 PM
    Some users have never been able to get backup to work with Desktop Manager. I have tried several times and have never been able to get it to work. It always seems like it's going to but then I get an error message that my pb has maybe turned off or lost connection even though it hasn't.

I should have tried again I suppose and reloaded my apps one at a time but I don't have the time or patience to do that.
    Sorry, what was it you were saying? I got distracted...

Well, I remember F2 having this issue and one of the updates fixed it for him. As this is obviously not the case for you guys, maybe uninstalling Desktop Software alltogether (using Control Pannel), running CCleaner, rebooting and installing the latest may help?

Once I had DS issues on my mom's laptop (which I would use as a backup backup)... Took formating the hard drive and re-installing windows to clear whatever was bugging the system.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    08-12-12 06:06 PM
    I had same issue. Did a security wipe last night and Flash is now working again in the browser. Device is running way better now. DM wouldn't back it up so I think there was an issue.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    08-12-12 06:12 PM
    My DM work a few times after each swipe (3 now) then gives me "error backing up". I'm just not sure backing up with DM is really worth it. I just copy all of the folders to my desktop to back up manually.
    FF22 and kozmo68 like this.
    08-12-12 10:08 PM
    I just did the same thing. Downloaded the 2.1 beta due to some issues with the .068 upgrade and battery drain. Discovered that flash wasn't working and had to do a security wipe and reinstall. My pb has never been able to backup either. I was able to save my media and files but have now spent the morning reloading and going through my apps.

On the upside flash is working, browser seems faster, and all my apps are still in my appworld.
    I'm assuming you lost all data in any apps you had loaded? I've been tracking expenses in money plus app and would hate to lose all that info.
    08-13-12 12:22 AM
    I'm assuming you lost all data in any apps you had loaded? I've been tracking expenses in money plus app and would hate to lose all that info.
    Yes. Any application that doesn't back up to a cloud server loses all it's data.

I've read lots of constructive ideas on these forums on how to get the DM to work. I haven't tried them all yet. Some people suggest deleting and reinstalling the DM. Or deleting one app at a time and trying to backup after each one. I did turn off bluetooth and wifi...

It does suck though if you have a lot of data in an app.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    08-13-12 06:48 PM
    Happy to report that after a full wipe and reinstall of 2.1 flash is now working once again. I've now started the daunting task of reinstalling all my apps again which is a pain but it seems worth it. lol. Thanks everyone for tips and assistance!
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    08-14-12 06:36 AM
    OP,

We had the exact same issues. I had flash issues and I could not backup app data. I ended up doing a wipe. Like you, the flash issues resolved. I reinstalled my essential apps only and was able to backup my app data without issue. I have yet to download any sideloaded apps, so I am fairly certain that the issue was caused by one of the sideloaded apps. I only had a handful of sideloaded from goodereader, so if you have any sideloads that could have caused the backup failure. After I decide whether or not to update to the latest beta, I will try to see if I can narrow down which apps caused the backup issues.
    08-14-12 11:25 AM
    OP,

We had the exact same issues. I had flash issues and I could not backup app data. I ended up doing a wipe. Like you, the flash issues resolved. I reinstalled my essential apps only and was able to backup my app data without issue. I have yet to download any sideloaded apps, so I am fairly certain that the issue was caused by one of the sideloaded apps. I only had a handful of sideloaded from goodereader, so if you have any sideloads that could have caused the backup failure. After I decide whether or not to update to the latest beta, I will try to see if I can narrow down which apps caused the backup issues.
    I don't have any sideload apps but I think I'll try avoiding the andriod apps as I reinstall and try backing up same as you did.. Hopefully we'll get the answers through process of elimination..
    08-14-12 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD