my led doesn't blink when i have a new bbm message, but it does blink when a new email arrived, does anyone has this same issue? any solution so far?
    I have two PlayBooks and both of them have the same symptom. The LED only blinks on the native email app when new mail arrives. Any Bridge messaging only sounds the alert and the red corner glows. I have reinstalled Bridge on my phone and have hard rebooted both PB's as well as deleted the phone on both and started Bridge from scratch. LED notification doesn't work with Bridge anymore.
    10-08-12 06:26 PM
    A kind of Summary of this very long thread (almost 1000 posts) is there, ..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-1-a-748131/

If I overlooked something that many people reported about, please let me know.

Ray
    I, for one, want to thank you for your summary. Threads here go haywire quickly in this forum and the moderators don't monitor this, so it's nice to see a forum "citizen" doing his bit to help others seeking info on the new OS. Thanks, Ray!!
    ryacht likes this.
    10-08-12 06:39 PM
    A kind of Summary of this very long thread (almost 1000 posts) is there, you get a faster picture about the main goodies and baddys over there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-1-a-748131/

If I overlooked something that many people reported about, please let me know. Issues (the really important ones, dont want a one million entries list), Improvements and solutions.

Ray
    What does it mean "monthy calendar shows blank page"? I don't use the Calendar but I can see October fine.

Can you group all the Facebook issues together?
    - FB birthdays no longer in calendar
    - FB birthday notices don't work
    - FB going to Messages crashes FB app
    - FB viewing of photo albums always brings up the first photo of the album, not the one displayed

I've noticed that GPS seems to lock much faster and actually can locate me when I'm indoors, though not 100% accurately. There are still the occasional jumps in location.
    10-08-12 07:30 PM
    Hello,
    From what I have read that there has been many problems with the default zinio app not being able to read and d/l magazines on the playbook. The fix to this is delete the default app and d/l the zinio app from app world and run it.
    10-08-12 07:38 PM
    I posted earlier about the error 22. This affects not just email also other programs such as YouTube and games. I have used the betas in the past and never had any issues. I am thinking of security wiping the unit again.
    10-08-12 08:52 PM
    I have two PlayBooks and both of them have the same symptom. The LED only blinks on the native email app when new mail arrives. Any Bridge messaging only sounds the alert and the red corner glows. I have reinstalled Bridge on my phone and have hard rebooted both PB's as well as deleted the phone on both and started Bridge from scratch. LED notification doesn't work with Bridge anymore.
    Since when does the LED blinks for bridged notification? i dont remember getting any blink even pre-2.1.
    10-08-12 09:16 PM
    Since when does the LED blinks for bridged notification? i dont remember getting any blink even pre-2.1.
    I did get them. There is others that miss that also.
    10-08-12 09:44 PM
    I did get them. There is others that miss that also.
    The nice thing about OS 1.0.8.6067 (Only version of OS 1.0.x I had because I got my PlayBook in February 2012) was that if you got a Bridge BBM Message, it would actually show the line of the message. So I could see who messaged me, what their message began with etc. Since OS 2.0 in from February 21st onwards, all it shows is "Tap to open Bridge BBM" without giving the 2 lines of information it did in OS 1.0.x, that's one feature I really wish makes a comeback soon.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    10-08-12 10:27 PM
    The nice thing about OS 1.0.8.6067 (Only version of OS 1.0.x I had because I got my PlayBook in February 2012) was that if you got a Bridge BBM Message, it would actually show the line of the message. So I could see who messaged me, what their message began with etc. Since OS 2.0 in from February 21st onwards, all it shows is "Tap to open Bridge BBM" without giving the 2 lines of information it did in OS 1.0.x, that's one feature I really wish makes a comeback soon.
    Yeah, I remember that too...
    10-08-12 11:06 PM
    I am VERY disappointed that Olive Tree is not working! I bought the KJV with Strong's to go along with it for $7 or so...not a lot of money, but it is the principle of the matter.
    I'll use your message to respond. I now have a Biblereader update, late last evening. And it works. One down. <grin>
    10-09-12 01:03 AM
    For anyone wanting to add a percentage to any value with the native calculator here's what you can with the app. Lets use 100 in this example and pretend to add 13 percent tax (sales tax in Ontario). So you would type in 100+(100x0.13) This gives you 113. Great. How about 19.99? Well same procedure: 19.99+(19.99x0.13)= 22.59 after rounding. Don't believe me? Switch to the tip calculator, change the rounding to "None" Enter in your value, adjust the percentage, and you'll get the same results.

As stated before the PlayBook calculator follows the proper order of operations. From what I can tell without experimenting, the BlackBerry smartphone calculator seems to not follow the conventions therefore 100+13% will still give you 113. They're both correct, but one just follows proper mathematical form.
    To get the total with tax it's easier to just enter 100x1.13 or 19.99x1.13.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    10-09-12 04:53 AM
    To get the total with tax it's easier to just enter 100x1.13 or 19.99x1.13.
    That works too
    10-09-12 05:44 AM
    Hi, I have found some bugs like the browser closed on me 3 times with this update, the keyboard sometimes locks up, but all my sideloaded apps work, but not all the native android apps work, only some of them work.
    10-09-12 05:49 AM
    Has anyone else noticed issues with the browser? I use the Endomondo app regularly, and now the app shuts down when viewing a map with the route overlay. It is not isolated to the Endomondo app (which is just a web app interface). If I use the native browser to view the route, it closes. When I use SimpleBrowser+ to view the route, it closes.

I thought it might be a Google Maps issue since Endo uses it for the route overlay, but Google Maps works fine. Could it be an Adobe Flash issue?

Edit: After reading the "Summary" post, it looks like this is a common problem for others using the browser. Oh well, I thought I had escaped an OS2.1 bug, but alas...
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 10-09-12 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Addendum
    10-09-12 09:17 AM
    What does it mean "monthy calendar shows blank page"? I don't use the Calendar but I can see October fine.

Can you group all the Facebook issues together?
    Done

Cal: added "for some users (if month view not set as default)"

Ray
    10-09-12 10:00 AM
    After reading the "Summary" post, it looks like this is a common problem for others using the browser. (
    Yes, but very difficult to reproduce/describe/narrow down. I tend to think, you still save time by the faster load and view (in my case), so it makes up despite a crash once in a while. My opinion.

But needs more time and reports to narrow down the exact issues.

Ray
    10-09-12 10:03 AM
    Yes, but very difficult to reproduce/describe/narrow down. I tend to think, you still save time by the faster load and view (in my case), so it makes up despite a crash once in a while. My opinion.

But needs more time and reports to narrow down the exact issues.

Ray
    It's not difficult to reproduce - it crashes every time at Endomondo.
    10-09-12 11:26 AM
    No text on my bridge!
    I have downloaded and installed the update, installed update and re installed bridge on phone. Still i see no texts on my playbook. Help!
    10-09-12 12:24 PM
    Hey good news! I know some of us have had challenges with 2.1.0.1032, but today I got the NOOK for Web to work on our browser. I had never worked before the update...happy reading!
    10-09-12 01:32 PM
    Good Day All
    Go have some fun download Quick app manager (free) from app world. Their seems to be hidden android apps in this os, the calculator has the percentage sign, camera has other functions. play with the very interesting.
    10-09-12 01:52 PM
    Not sure if this was available before 2.1 (never tried it), but the diagonal bottom swipe that has been used within the Android Player apps since 2.0 can also be used to exit/close home-screen folders.
    10-09-12 10:36 PM
    I'm in the US and I'm getting a 339 MB update. Relax, it's not really a big deal. It seems as the download depends on your previous OS and what files you have installed.
    How does one find out the file size of new updates?
    10-09-12 11:44 PM
    The file size is plainly displayed when you get the notification that the upgrade is available for download.
    10-10-12 01:22 AM
    Touch screen has become very responsive than before.
    It was really stressful that i had to re-touch all the time.
    10-10-12 07:27 AM
    I'm getting black and white bars across my screen when using the camera app on either camera. I've rebooted multiple times but have not yet wiped and restored. I'm hoping it avoid it this time.
    10-11-12 10:34 AM
926 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD