Wiped out most of my local outlook.com account emails on the PlayBook.
    10-03-12 08:51 AM
    I actually like the Android player which you now can't even tell exist because they run like regular apps plus you can receive and send txts msg not just view as some expected
    10-03-12 08:52 AM
    HTML 5 scores 393 + 9 bonus points.

Not seeing much difference from the Beta.
    boohwho likes this.
    10-03-12 08:53 AM
    The .840 shows an update of 397mb!

I have no even looked at the .358.

Okay, folks results - working? Great, terrific, okay? Melting lead or just chocolate sauce?

Ah, I looked on the .358 - that update would be 340mb.

Neither is being done. I may wait till after a hike I'm thinking about.
    10-03-12 08:54 AM
    Anyone get any new software as part of the update???

nothing here
    Tested CB Forums app (Android app) and it works. For those claiming Android apps don't work, try restarting your PB before posting. Thanks.
    Is wifi bridge for OS7+ devices? my OS6 torch insist on bt connection. Im on the same wifi as pb and have latest bridge for my phone (.24)... (Could also be cause im on a wifi repeater will retry near main router in a bit see)
    10-03-12 08:57 AM
    It took a while to re-populate my account info for messages and calendar, but all the information formation is there. Side loaded android apps are working too.
    Sweet, the SMS app is the same as BBM pretty much, it shows all your contacts and all your recent sms convos.
    Tested CB Forums app (Android app) and it works. For those claiming Android apps don't work, try restarting your PB before posting. Thanks.
    I did a reboot before I posted. When an Android app is selected, I get the BB logo in the center of the black screen strobing and it just sits there. On some apps, it eventually goes away and returns to the main screen. On others, it just remains on that black screen with the logo.

I haven't tried all of them yet, but at least 20 of them and have yet to find one that worked before the upate that works now. Its actual and not a claim.
    10-03-12 08:58 AM
    can anyone try instagram and see if it works with official??
    jsdhornby likes this.
    10-03-12 08:59 AM
    Downloading now.

Coming from Beta 2.1.0.840, update size is 395MB
    Same as you but mine is a 390Mb update.
    Android apps all fine here, posted this from the CB Forums app and tested numerous others as well to be sure.
    PatrickMJS and rjedge54 like this.
    Is the new bridge update required in order to sync between the two devices?

I don't care about sending SMS and the new stuff. I prefer having internet access via the bridge from my att bold, than give that up for the SMS functionality.

I am using the old bridge application that allows tethering...
    Go to rroyy.com. He has the att friendly bridge posted.
    crazeee4u and Willard814 like this.
    10-03-12 09:00 AM
    Not sure how WiFi Bridge works. I'm connected to BT and WiFi on both phone and tablet and don't notice any measurable difference in speed.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    in the UK and the download is only 329MB. Looks like once again the UK is getting screwed over again with the update contents.
    I'm in the UK and my update was 390MB. Just finished downloading. PB restarted. I was on 2.1.0.840 beta previously.
    HELP!!

It's synching my work email / contacts fine - but the Calendar is showing only as 'Calendar - Playbook - Local' - so all my appointments are missing in it now Theres's no way to change is to a different calendar, and I use the calendar every day.

Am I missing something simple here?
    All my sideloaded apps work. Bing Maps was also installed!
    Is wifi bridge for OS7+ devices? my OS6 torch insist on bt connection. Im on the same wifi as pb and have latest bridge for my phone (.24)... (Could also be cause im on a wifi repeater will retry near main router in a bit see)
    You have to maintain the bluetooth connection and be on the same wifi network while using wifi bridge.
    seems to use less memory - seeing more free :-)
    Installed and liking the SMS so far. Install went fine.
    Bridge connected right up and Droid apps seem good to go.

Still exploring.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 09:01 AM
    HELP!!

It's synching my work email / contacts fine - but the Calendar is showing only as 'Calendar - Playbook - Local' - so all my appointments are missing in it now Theres's no way to change is to a different calendar, and I use the calendar every day.

Am I missing something simple here?
    boohwho likes this.
    sideloadable..???
    I did a reboot before I posted. When an Android app is selected, I get the BB logo in the center of the black screen strobing and it just sits there. On some apps, it eventually goes away and returns to the main screen. On others, it just remains on that black screen with the logo.

I haven't tried all of them yet, but at least 20 of them and have yet to find one that worked before the upate that works now. Its actual and not a claim.
    Restart again.
    jsdhornby likes this.
    ^^this^^.

The only major benefit I saw coming out of this update was going to be bridge over WiFi (I was on the 2.1 beta). Bluetooth (and corresponding battery usage) still seems to be required. Anyone know how to tell if WiFi bridge is working? Everything looks the same to me. And yes, both Bridge and PB have been updated to 2.1.
926 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD