So I tried to encrypt the spare 16gb PlayBook

17 minutes from 0% to 100% and then once it hit 100% it reset to 0% and hasn't moved since.

At this point I don't know what is happening. I can stop it or pause it but other than that it seems to be just hanging.

The first pic is the initial start, the second pic is when it reset to 0% and the third is the process being paused.

Hitting stop starts the decryption process

DECRYPTION

Now to decrypt takes way longer. Mine is decrypting at about a rate of 1% every 36 seconds.

Decryption is necessary in order to remove the device's password

I just encrypted both playbooks yesterday. It looks like the status bar you're looking at isn't the total, but part 1 of whatever. I started the encryption and just left it for awhile. When I came back to check the status the only option left was to decrypt, so I assumed the encryption completed fine.
    10-07-12 02:55 PM
    Regarding Zinio many of us were having trouble getting National Geographic. It looks like this update has corrected that problem.
    Really? :O

How did you get it fixed? Currently the latest National Geographic Magazine I'm seeing is the June Edition.
    10-07-12 06:30 PM
    That's not the point. Why in the world was it important to remove it?
    Because people were arguing about whether it gave the correct results since it used Math notation and did not operate like cheap calcs. There are at least 2 threads accusing the calc of being wrong when using the Percent Key.
    10-07-12 06:45 PM
    Anyone else experiencing keyboard lag? I have done 5 hard resets and rebooted several times now and it has not gone away. It types fine for several characters, then lags for a a few seconds. Happens on Simplebrowser and Browser, along with other apps I've tried. Very VERY frustrating.
    10-07-12 08:16 PM
    Facebook app crashes as soon as I go into Messages. Anyone else?
    10-07-12 08:34 PM
    Yeah I remember that people were freaking out over the calculator not being "wrong" technically speaking if you knew the mathematical order of operations it would never give you the wrong answer (I never had a problem with it) but yes I understand not everyone remembers the order of operations and having the percentage key to "work" like it does on the Windows calculator on a computer would be convenient for them.
    10-07-12 10:49 PM
    Soo... I just realised. That none of my Gameloft games are working? Like really? Not one of them ...thats like over 6G to delete and redownload?
    10-07-12 11:26 PM
    The Bridge icons still disappear! And the broken native clock app is still broken.
    10-07-12 11:27 PM
    Thanks for that I use DVDFab for my rips...also has anyone noticed that the % key has been removed from the calculator. Not to happy about that I use it all day long at work, or is it just an issue with my PB.
    10-07-12 11:58 PM
    Soo... I just realised. That none of my Gameloft games are working? Like really? Not one of them ...thats like over 6G to delete and redownload?
    My gameloft games gave me green screen the first time I ran them but subsequent loads seems to be fine.
    10-08-12 12:04 AM
    It's not just about the reminders. It is about that none of your friends birthdays even show in the calendar anymore.
    Indeed, the Facebook calendar is blank. I don't have any FB events, so I don't know if it stripped those out too.

As for the LED and spark, no problem with them coming on and turning off for Bridge email.
    10-08-12 12:31 AM
    New update gives a great improvement in battery life. Prior to update my play book would rarely last a day unless I put it into airplane mode or turned off wifi. Now 3 days and still at 40% with email open. This was my biggest problem so I am vary happy
    Odd. My battery performance has been severely degraded. Last night about 11 PM I put it into aiplane mode and locked the screen (nothing left running) and had about 80% left; this morning it was at 58%. Prior to this battery performance was one of the few things I was satisfied with the PB.
    10-08-12 08:43 AM
    Sine updated my PB has one issue when I try to open messages it shows " unable to open messages due to error. 22" when I reboot it goes away then after few hours. It comes back. I am. Constantly rebooting the PB to check messages. Any help. Would be appreciated
    10-08-12 01:54 PM
    Really? :O

How did you get it fixed? Currently the latest National Geographic Magazine I'm seeing is the June Edition.
    Same here. I don't think it's an OS issue, rather something on Zinio's side. I just dropped them another email regarding the problem.
    10-08-12 03:13 PM
    After updating did anyone get message from Facebook saying someone tried to access their account from waterloo Canada?
    No, but were you using the Bridge as your access point instead of wi-fi? That would probably do it.
    10-08-12 03:15 PM
    Anyone else experiencing keyboard lag? I have done 5 hard resets and rebooted several times now and it has not gone away. It types fine for several characters, then lags for a a few seconds. Happens on Simplebrowser and Browser, along with other apps I've tried. Very VERY frustrating.
    No keyboard lag here.
    10-08-12 03:18 PM
    Reported earlier. Yes, appears to be busted.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    10-08-12 03:20 PM
    Did not automatically adjust my time zone when travelling yesterday.
    Did this ever work? Sure, the PlayBook has GPS, but does it automatically change the timezones like with phones?
    10-08-12 03:27 PM
    Concerning picture naming:
    One word; FRAGMENTATION. Reusing file names reduces fragmented blocks thereby improving device performance.
    What? More likely, the counter got reset and the PlayBook is just saving to the next available frame number without overwriting any existing images.
    10-08-12 03:35 PM
    And put in a x2....wow who needs a squared key on a standard calculator.?????
    10-08-12 03:44 PM
    I noticed that after the update my time zone had switched to Hawaii and I am in Arizona.
    10-08-12 03:55 PM
    Reported earlier. Yes, appears to be busted.
    Great. I swear I had less problems with the beta 2.1 than I do with the release version. How can they have an official build and included fb app that is so severely broken? Can NOT directly select a picture in a friends album - no matter which you choose - it loads the first pic in the album instead. Now Messages crashes the fb app. I'm a fan of the product, but this is sad.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-12 04:40 PM
    Go get "RealCalc" for Android and you'll never look for another calculator in your life.

TRJB
    10-08-12 04:43 PM
    Thanks for that I use DVDFab for my rips...also has anyone noticed that the % key has been removed from the calculator. Not to happy about that I use it all day long at work, or is it just an issue with my PB.
    For anyone wanting to add a percentage to any value with the native calculator here's what you can with the app. Lets use 100 in this example and pretend to add 13 percent tax (sales tax in Ontario). So you would type in 100+(100x0.13) This gives you 113. Great. How about 19.99? Well same procedure: 19.99+(19.99x0.13)= 22.59 after rounding. Don't believe me? Switch to the tip calculator, change the rounding to "None" Enter in your value, adjust the percentage, and you'll get the same results.

As stated before the PlayBook calculator follows the proper order of operations. From what I can tell without experimenting, the BlackBerry smartphone calculator seems to not follow the conventions therefore 100+13% will still give you 113. They're both correct, but one just follows proper mathematical form.
    10-08-12 05:07 PM
    A kind of Summary of this very long thread (almost 1000 posts) is there, you get a faster picture about the main goodies and baddys over there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-1-a-748131/

If I overlooked something that many people reported about, please let me know. Issues (the really important ones, dont want a one million entries list), Improvements and solutions.

Ray
    cbvinh likes this.
    10-08-12 05:21 PM
926 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD