When accessing Fox News website there is a message that the video content is unsupported. Did not experience this with 2.0. Is there some setting that needs to be changed?
    10-05-12 01:07 PM
    Notice that the screenshot function is working! Notice I was easily able to "find" the screenshot in the PB picture folder.
    Happy for you Patrick.

By any chance had you previously deleted some (any) of your camera pix? I can now find my latest camera pix in that folder, however, they are named IMG_0000001. jpg, IMG_0000002.jpg, etc. I couldn't find them before because I was looking for them among the latest pix taken, not the earliest. Ive taken 181 pictures in total but had deleted some of them, including the first 14. I'm wondering what will happen when I take my 15th new picture. Will it erase the current IMG_0000000015.jpg and replace it with the most recent picture taken or will it place the new picture in a different folder?

You may wish to check the file names of your current camera pix and track whether the pictures disappear as you take new ones. You may also wish to upload to your computer hard drive the camera pix you wish to save from deletion. I'm planning to do that, then delete the contents of the camera pictures folders so I don't have to deal with any fallout when the playbook wants to create a new file with the same name as an existing file....
    10-05-12 01:13 PM
    Upgrade PB 32g to 2.1.0.1032 on the day it was released. My findings so far :
    Bridge SMS function works great, no problems whatsoever.
    Portrait function on email accounts both bridge and native works - no problem, all email contacts appear as normal
    Android apps - all work - snappier than before
    Browser - works fine , actually faster
    Battery Life - coming from .668 battery life improved 100% - before I would lose 50% of battery in 2 hrs on standby. As we speak down by 10% after 6 hours

THIS GREAT.
    10-05-12 01:30 PM
    My Android-sideload-apps work fine: Kindle, Dolphin-browser, Overdrive.
    Annoyingly, many native apps are not working!
    Browser quits while loading a website.
    Kobo quits while loading library list.
    SCOREmobile quits immediately after loading.
    arrrrggggh....
    10-05-12 01:56 PM
    I've found one more new feature of 2.1: if the tablet automatically changes backlit to the highest level because of ambient lighting, the backlit control becomes inactive:

2.1.0.1032 fixes and bugs, share your findings here!-pbos2106.jpg
    10-05-12 02:00 PM
    With the new .1032, the qPDF Notes app works properly. Previously the file would be corrupted if you didn't save it in some obscure location on the PB. Not so now. Yay! I need this program and it was a pain in the @ss.
    karen qpdf likes this.
    10-05-12 02:20 PM
    how many times have you rebooted the device?

it seems there is no right answer to this but with mine initially it was laggy and things didnt work.

with each restart it seemed to come together a little at a time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I'll give it a go! Cant hurt to try.
    10-05-12 02:31 PM
    One new finding after days of the upgrade is that memory leak management is way better. It starts around over 600mb which is an improvement. As of today, I notice it going up and down, but now remains at 580mb. Not too shabby.
    10-05-12 02:37 PM
    My WIFI, unfortunately, has not improved. I can guarantee that at least once every browsing session, I will get an error message saying that the Playbook can't connect to the WIFI network (I don't remember the exact error message). All I do is hit "Try again", and then it will connect. This has happened consistently and hasn't gone away with the new upgrade. My Ipad, PSP, or any other device that I have never drops; only the Playbook.
    Have you tried going to wifi settings on the playbook and turning on enable ipv6 and enable inter access point handover?
    10-05-12 02:41 PM
    All my side loaded apps works. the use of playbook video and sound for android apps are better than before, still when minimized one app and open another apps, the sound and video on the newly opened apps were not there. By closing all androids apps then open one the sound and video starting to work.
    10-05-12 02:45 PM
    One more little improvement I noticed is that when you download an attachment from an email, you don't need to save and open it separately. Just tap it, it downloads and opens - as it should. BB is all about saving time with not having to do needless time wasting steps. I remember Kevin had commented on this before. Maybe someone listened.

something I see I can't do yet (help if I'm doing something wrong), but I can't multi task between browser windows. If I have a streaming video running in one window, I can't open a second tab and browse something else without the video stopping.
    PatrickMJS and TheScionicMan like this.
    10-05-12 02:51 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge can now use Wi-Fi to transfer bridge data when the
    BlackBerry smartphone and PlayBook are connected to the same Wi-Fi access point.

can some1 tell me if this means no more usage of bluetooth and only wi fi?

IqWaN
    10-05-12 03:41 PM
    .wav files are now supported!! In testing Jefftam's tip about downloading and then tried it with an attached voicemail and it plays. NICE!
    10-05-12 03:49 PM
    Has anyone else lost the Video store/player icon from their PB? Did the update, rebooted but no video icon!
    10-05-12 04:30 PM
    I ran into a weird bug on OS 2.1.0.1032. Normally when you swipe down the top of the browser, the tabs appear on top of the current web page, but one time the tabs appear under the current page! I have no idea how to recreate that bug.

2.1.0.1032 fixes and bugs, share your findings here!-img_00000002.jpg
    10-05-12 04:35 PM
    Bug #2:
    Set google as default home page.Open a new tab, it'll load google automatically. When the progress bar is still loading, swipe down and try to type on the address bar. The address bar will stop responding to typing as if the focus is gone. But that's not the case, while the tabs are still showing, touch the address bar which brings up the blue arrow, it still won't respond to typing.
    The only way to able to type at the address bar again is close the tabs and swipe down again.
    10-05-12 05:02 PM
    When accessing Fox News website there is a message that the video content is unsupported. Did not experience this with 2.0. Is there some setting that needs to be changed?
    I just tried that and had the same problem.
    10-05-12 05:16 PM
    uninstall and reinstall ghost commander and it will work
    I did this from app world and it fixed my broken ghost commander
    10-05-12 05:22 PM
    SOLVED missing video chat
    telus ip here must not populate on blackberry servers as canada or north america.
    used my blackberry 9790 as a wifi hotspot, connected my playbook, updated and received a 37 mb update which included video chat, youtube, slacker, nfb, music and video store
    thanks for the help gps21
    10-05-12 05:24 PM
    I'm loving the new update. I do not have a single issue, as identified in other threads, and having used my PB on and off all day, I've just got home at 1930 and still have 82% battery remaining.

Calendar working
    Notification light working
    Camera working
    etc, etc

Everything working exactly as it should
    Do you use facebook? Try going into a friend photo albums a select a random photo from the album. Always loads the FIRST image, no matter which I select.
    10-05-12 05:40 PM
    That existed in 2.0
    10-05-12 05:42 PM
    I've found one more new feature of 2.1: if the tablet automatically changes backlit to the highest level because of ambient lighting, the backlit control becomes inactive:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pbos2106.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	122310
    That existed in 2.0
    10-05-12 05:44 PM
    That existed in 2.0
    I don't know, I can't remember back then, but it did not exist on the 2.1 beta I have been running.
    10-05-12 05:52 PM
    I'll give it a go! Cant hurt to try.
    how'd you do? Did you see any improvements?
    10-05-12 06:00 PM
    So glad that none of my android stuff works now. Can't wait to sideload them all over again.
    10-05-12 06:08 PM
926 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD