Another facebook issue -
    If I go to friends photo albums, I can't select a random photo. It ALWAYS loads the FIRST photo in the album no matter which one I select. The only way to get to other photo's in an album is to load the first picture and scroll one at a time to the one I want to see. :-(
    10-04-12 05:30 AM
    Until yesterday my androids apps doesn't work with the beta 2.1.0.840...
    BUT NOW with the official and no BETA update 2.1.0.1032 my problem is resolved and i'm happy again!! All my apps works fine again now!
    10-04-12 05:40 AM
    official RIM facebook app bug still exists, try to check messages and you get 'an unrecoverable error has occured. please restart facebook'
    Another facebook issue -
    If I go to friends photo albums, I can't select a random photo. It ALWAYS loads the FIRST photo in the album no matter which one I select. The only way to get to other photo's in an album is to load the first picture and scroll one at a time to the one I want to see. :-(
    Why would anyone have expected these FB bugs to have been fixed? This was an OS update. RIM needs to update the FB app itself to resolve these problems.
    10-04-12 05:41 AM
    How do you bridge over WiFi?
    Turn the McGuffin screw on the back of the PB.
    bay1902 and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-04-12 05:42 AM
    Turn the McGuffin screw on the back of the PB.
    Or get a ruddy great rope bridge & climb the path to enlightenment! lol
    10-04-12 05:52 AM
    How do you bridge over WiFi?
    New one on me.
    Surely this means tether over wifi, or strictly using your phone as a Wifi Hotspot, and connecting that way.
    Thats the way I connect when away from home. Got to be better than f*nnying around with BT.
    10-04-12 05:56 AM
    I've never seen such variance in update size for the same piece of kit
    Expected for me. Look at the variety of data before update and the variety of settings before update. Everybody uses a device differenty.

Making backup, then wipe, then update, and then gradually restore data and setting (if possible) is always a cleaner way to have a relaible update. Everything else is extremly difficult to support from manufacturer (to think abut all possibilities and how to deal with them in an update).

Ray
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-04-12 05:57 AM
    Expected for me. Look at the variety of data before update and the variety of settings before update. Everybody uses a device differenty.

Making backup, then wipe, then update, and then gradually restore data and setting (if possible) is always a cleaner way to have a relaible update. Everything else is extremly difficult to support from manufacturer (to think abut all possibilities and how to deal with them in an update).

Ray
    Appreciate your point, however watching the threads yesterday I was surprised to see the regional differences of reported size variance. There did appear to be significant difference between US, South America, India and UK sizes.

Essentially, as an OS update it would be the core skeletal aspects of the OS that were affected - which should be standard across most PBs running an official v2. Betas would be different - but focusing on the OS only, why such size difference would appear doesn't actually make sense. To a degree apps are irrelevant, and one cannot easily remove stock apps anyway.

Again, i'm not saying anyone else should be curious, just stating that I am - for when you consider OS updates as a whole and their approach (across Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, IOS) they are generally of the same or similar size when dispatched to the public due to their targeted approach to the work it will do / what will be updated.
    10-04-12 06:11 AM
    What about reader mode in rotation. That doesnt work. I wish when someone replied to your message youd get a notification on CB gah.

Other than the added features my Pb is laggy. Just like before the update which i thought probably would fix it. The keyboard in browser url is a Hot mess for me, it doesn't respond. Ive tried two reboots. Umm browser UI still laggs. swipe down gesture works after double swipe, tabs, history and bookmark tabs take forever to respond. Battery indicator, or any of the icon in the notifical bar are very inconsistent, they dont respond especially if a webpage is loading simultaneously. This is progressively better after each reboot. Word prediction also inconsistent, it will stop predicting in the middle of a paragraph.

wow no checkerboarding after a webpage loads but i dare not attempt to scroll during page load
    I can no longer adjust font in kobo! Come on RIm!! for too long is that app crippled. I dont know why i even bother purchasing books in it. In previous version the font wouldnt adjust correctly! now i cant change between serif and sans and cant change the big ole font. kmt

lost 10% in less than 30minutes, 0 backlight and only bridge and browser going.
    Still playing around.
    Last edited by digtech; 10-04-12 at 06:28 AM. Reason: to add the kobo problem. seriously agitated.
    jsdhornby likes this.
    10-04-12 06:19 AM
    Why would anyone have expected these FB bugs to have been fixed? This was an OS update. RIM needs to update the FB app itself to resolve these problems.

Because native apps often get refreshed when they issue an OS upgrade.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    10-04-12 06:35 AM
    Please post Findings and fixes only!
    Anyone had this issue..i tap the calendar app..nothing happens...what gives..
    10-04-12 06:55 AM
    Ok maybe i spoke too fast but the checkerboarding is back! If i have two pages loaded. they operate just fine initially but if i spend 10 minutes on one then jump over to the next tab and try to scroll i get only checkerboard. Checkerboarding is so very unattractive jeez.
    Ive used lamer tablets and never see them checkerboard. I work in IT at the university and when people bring in their tablets to work with the hotspot (i compare all of them with my pb)... and of all the multiple tablets ive used... the playbook checkberboards the most... and its very depressing because ive played with some very low end devices. and a whole lot of no name android tablets

I just dont know anymore. Imma send my playbook in RMA and hopefully i get a different reburbished one, because this one seems to have irrepairable hardware and software probs.
    10-04-12 06:59 AM
    Great update, overall. Bug with bridge text is that the new msg indicator doesn't go away after the msg is read.
    Other stuff: Gmail messages are missing though new ones appear
    Screen capture does not seem to save anywhere I can find
    Last edited by mundo472; 10-04-12 at 08:23 AM.
    10-04-12 07:09 AM
    My Frustrations
    10-04-12 07:11 AM
    You meant Press reader? If so than I still have it.
    Not the press reader, News app.
    10-04-12 07:13 AM
    I don't know if someone posted this already (because 32 pages are a bit too much to read) but I have noticed that in app world, I finally can click on a vendor and see what apps this vendor has. This wasn't possible in 2.0.

This is a subtle but great fix for me!
    wet_coast likes this.
    10-04-12 07:17 AM
    Does anyone notice picture library sort went crazy? It used to sort the camera picture in order of pictures taken.. But after updating, somehow the pics sort themselves alphabetically maybe? Its pretty annoying when taking pitures with camera and you want to look at the pictures you have to look all over the picture library!! Hopefully i'm not the only one having this problem..
    What you mean alphabetically?
    10-04-12 07:22 AM
    So far I have not encountered any problems with the exception of a few apps appearing to take longer than normal to open.
    jsdhornby likes this.
    10-04-12 07:23 AM
    Not the press reader, News app.
    Mine is still there, along with the press reader. Not sure why yours has vanished?!?
    10-04-12 07:24 AM
    I found that the autotext feature no longer works in bridge mode which is a Really Big deal for me. I use this feature everyday for my work. It's one of the small things that sets the Blackberry apart from any other device. The trade off for me may not be worth it.
    10-04-12 07:33 AM
    The new Bridge has a glitch. For SMS, it will NOT show the latest text if it's not sent from you playbook.
    Seems my Bridge SMS has glitches as well, shows several conversations but listed as all by the same contact.... and all the message instances are the same ? Tried restarting at least twice now.... anyone else having simliar issues ? or fixes ?

Otherwise portrait native email, android apps, screen capture, seem to be working well.
    10-04-12 07:41 AM
    I did update 2.1 for the Playbook. I always use Playbook and Blackberry Bridge to show my clients photos I have on the phone . Now the system is more complicated because to see the next picture I have to turn off the remote control and then click again on the picture next to "open the playbook photography." Besides the fact that it is slower through my bb 9810
    On your phone, open bridge, hit your blackberry key and select Options. Uncheck the box, and your problems should be solved.

I'll PM you as well as I'm sure this reply will get buried, but thought I'd post for everyone else's reference.

Enjoy!

Barljo
    10-04-12 07:45 AM
    Does anyone notice picture library sort went crazy? It used to sort the camera picture in order of pictures taken.. But after updating, somehow the pics sort themselves alphabetically maybe? Its pretty annoying when taking pitures with camera and you want to look at the pictures you have to look all over the picture library!! Hopefully i'm not the only one having this problem..
    Nope... you are not the only one.... noticed the same thing here......
    10-04-12 07:47 AM
    today is the first time I've been able to try the update over the bridge,and so far its amazing, faster, even playing videos are running great,texting is great. thanks Rim
    10-04-12 07:50 AM
    I had a minor heart attack when I tested several games after doing updating and doing two preemptive restarts. The sound was garbled in all of the games and the games were stuttering and slow. After I power-cycled my Playbook, they ran correctly.

So if something doesn't seem to be running correctly, even after restarting several times, try powering off and back on.
    10-04-12 07:57 AM
926 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD