After upgrade, I still have camera video chat problem. Does anyone have solution for this? ThanksAttachment 118276
    restart a 2nd time - worked for me after that

the update is fantastic being able to use the video and camera now with all the android apps!!

hndt38 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:20 PM
    So...if I move out of bluetooth range between devices the wifi doesn't kick in?
    No, once the bluetooth is out of range,the bridge will be disabled.
    10-03-12 11:23 PM
    hi,
    Tried to repair and restart a 2nd time. But did not work for me.
    Any solutions?
    Thank
    10-03-12 11:26 PM
    Problem.

Completed the install satisfactorily. Switched it off - not standby - last night at 19:00 hours with 76% still remaining on the battery. Woke up this morning at 05:00 hours and it would not start. Plugged it into to the rapid charger which showed the lightning icon in the centre of the screen. After a few minutes it came on and showed 3% with the lightning icon showing in the top right icon tray.

I have turned it off while still in charge and the led is now showing as charging.

Very odd. It has not done this before the update and the Playbook is only a few weeks old.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thank You.
    Last edited by Anna Key; 10-03-12 at 11:29 PM.
    10-03-12 11:26 PM
    Is it just me... Or has one one else faced this issue ...
    My playbook is unusually hot after the update 108 F? .. I have it connected to the wall charger and I am surfing the Internet... No games nothing.. Can someone confirm... I hope I am wrong with this...
    10-03-12 11:27 PM
    So, from time to time these threads get so clogged with chat that the info new viewers are looking for is impossible to find! I see more posts about what was wiped by the upgrade than what was added. Why do I want/need this upgrade? Not addressing your post specifically, just using it as a springboard.
    10-03-12 11:28 PM
    My update goes as:

When it asked for restart, it didn't reboot. I have to switch it on(I waited for like a min before doing it)
    After this no sideloaded app worked, so I restarted again.

Now Sideloaded app works fine in their own window. (Both from AppWorld and converted by me.) Tested AndroZip, Taptu, LinkedIn, Nimbuzz, Kindle, Advanced Manager, Ghost Commander, Dolphin HD(self converted, not from AppWorld) and few more

Email

I can finally see sub folders of inbox as well.(IMap)
    Calander entries are gone for my office mail, (POP/SMTP). Will try to delete the account and add again

Browser,

It does not seems faster to me, selection from drop down suggestions appears better

Video

For a movie which has AC3 Audio, now video app says "not supported". Earlier it used to play the video with no sound

No change observed in

Music and AppWorld

Disappointment.(Not that they promised to do these in 2.1, but this update took so much time and all 1) & 2) are not biggies to implement)
    1) Still no way to create a PPT in Docs to go ( I know about free app)
    2) No text search in browser
    3) No AC3 still

Overall, I guess the update is worth just for parallel running android app and sub folder synch in Email. I like it.
    Talon88 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:28 PM
    The front camera is still not working, when I switch from rear camera. It shows black screen.
    10-03-12 11:34 PM
    restart a 2nd time - worked for me after that

the update is fantastic being able to use the video and camera now with all the android apps!!

Don't get *too* excited - there are precious few android apps that will actually work with the camera(s) - about 95% of the several dozen I tried all rely on native libs, so they don't work (HDR Cameras, Panoramic Cameras, "Pencil" and "Cartoon" cameras, Skype, ooVoo, etc, etc, etc). You're going to be hard pressed to find much besides a couple of bar code scanners that actually work with the camera in my experience, so this isn't much of a 'feature' at the moment.

TRJB
    10-03-12 11:35 PM
    It just me or somebody else BlackBerry News App is gone.
    10-03-12 11:49 PM
    You meant Press reader? If so than I still have it.
    10-03-12 11:53 PM
    Mine's still there. Tried an extra reboot?
    10-03-12 11:56 PM
    You have to maintain the bluetooth connection and be on the same wifi network while using wifi bridge.

then what's the advantage? if you could be WIFI connected, same network, on both the Phone and PB and have access to Bridge options on the PB, that would be awesome. No more battery draining Bluetooth.

But if Bluetooth has to be on and within range, then its no different, maybe a little faster, but I will take convience over a minor upgrade in speed any day.
    10-04-12 12:00 AM
    I cant beleive or understand why some of you are experiencing bad stuff happening with this update...so far this has been working flawless for me and I have noticed the speed of pages loading the same BUT when I use to scroll up or down super fast I got checker boarding and that seems to be gone in this new update!! its super smooth!! also for the bridge sms, it also works fantastic and I used it a bunch of times and I'm LUVING IT! only time I get the waiting sign is when my phone is too far from the playbook! when they are close together they connect and sms bridge window pops up right away! seems to me this is by far the best update "I've" ever had!
    Some are probably experiencing problems because every Playbook is different. They each have their own particular apps and games and have been used for different things. Glad yours is the best you've ever had but there are a ton of variables that make for a different end result. Now we need to work together to help those having issues.
    peen likes this.
    10-04-12 12:06 AM
    bard's tale sideload goes slow motion after upgrading to latest os
    10-04-12 12:09 AM
    Debricked reinstall os resideload app all is good to find out no video chat wtf?! Restarted several times I'm getting choked
    cscott44 likes this.
    10-04-12 12:13 AM
    2nd bug:

With an android app running, when you try to open another one, the second opens with the image of whats running on the first for about 1 or 2 seconds. Then, when i browse back to the first, it breaks for a while... But then, it's all good again

But for the most, it's all ok - All apps running
    10-04-12 12:50 AM
    bard's tale sideload goes slow motion after upgrading to latest os

Lols... Auto-Burn...
    10-04-12 12:53 AM
    pb is slowing down....what to do
    10-04-12 01:01 AM
    Unfortunately I can't dismiss the backup screen, otherwise I'd confirm. It didn't seem like it gave an alert...

Oh well, at least we know it actually does charge on USB once the screen blanks...
    Really? How can you tell? I've a suspicion it does appear to be charging, but when it "wakes", it does tell me I can't charge from USB and the battery icon doesn't show as charging.
    Hmmm.....
    10-04-12 01:02 AM
    Email still doesn't prompt when deleting messages to ask if you want to leave a copy on the server...
    That's because pb answer bb10 email does not work the same way the java os email worked. It is now more like iphone/android active sync or whatever it's called
    10-04-12 01:04 AM
    2:55 minutes on reboot and restart from latest pb OS. much better from last os. :-)
    10-04-12 01:08 AM
    Can someone try and go on Yahoo.com, then select a HQ picture and long press it, see if the selections to save, view, copy appears, because after the 2.1 update it doesn't work any longer...
    10-04-12 01:21 AM
    Browser seem slow.
    Keyboard is slow showing up.
    Texting typing on the pb keyboard is slow responding.
    I have done about 4-5 reboots now.
    other than that most of the other stuff work normally.
    10-04-12 01:25 AM
    Documents to go no longer connected to my phone.
    10-04-12 01:35 AM
926 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD