Someone already asked what makes you say that, so I won't ask again. There are a number of issues that have been mentioned, many related to each other, which indicates some real underlying issues that all the beta testing never addressed. Things that should have been dealt with before public release. With that in mind, why should people rush to create issues for themselves? I, for one, am going to look at how to roll back to the previous version. When the app I use the most is an android app and the one that does nothing more than show the splash screen and crash, I'm underwhelmed. And, if you read through the thread, I'm not alone.
    Do you mean rollback to public release?
    If you know how - please let as know - I would go 358 at any time...

Thanks
    10-03-12 09:58 PM
    For all you guys still wondering about rolling back to previous version. Find the OS file, best be factory reset file, and load it with dingleberry. Anything after 2.0.0.7111 can be loaded without problem from what I know
    10-03-12 10:03 PM
    For all you guys still wondering about rolling back to previous version. Find the OS file, best be factory reset file, and load it with dingleberry. Anything after 2.0.0.7111 can be loaded without problem from what I know
    Can you give more info please?
    Where to look for file and what is dingleberry and how to use or where to get to learn about it?
    10-03-12 10:07 PM
    .359 done upgrading. sideload works
    10-03-12 10:13 PM
    Another application is using the camera. Please close the other application and try again.
    This started under beta - it's permanent now - need help - I did wipes, restores etc.. but nothing works - was hoping for this release - NOTHING,,,
    I just went through this. I tried everything. I finally had to send my Playbook in for repair. It turns out to be a very common problem.
    10-03-12 10:17 PM
    Factory Image for 2.1.0.358
    http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...652.signed.bar

Dingleberry
    Dingleberry jailbreak

Download both, extract dingleberry,
    Start dingleberry,
    put the factory image in the dingleberry firmware/custom folder
    Restart dingleberry
    Press firmware
    Select your OS, the one chosen by default will NOT load
    Choose full OS
    Turn on dev mode on playbook
    You will need to set a password, dev mode asks for it
    Dev mode can be found in the menu, under security
    Put your password into dingle, if needed
    Press update
    All done
    *YOU MAY NEED TO INSTALL JAVA AND JAVA SDK IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU*
    *YOU DO NOT NEED TO ROOT TO DO THIS. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ROOT 2.0 OR 2.1 OFFICIAL*
    Last edited by masterscarhead1; 10-03-12 at 10:22 PM. Reason: To clarify confusion
    10-03-12 10:21 PM
    I don't think this is correct.

10-03-12 10:21 PM
    I don't think this is correct.

Unless they updated the 2.1 fingerprint.dat and nvram to only recognize 2.1...which i don't think they did
    I'm fairly certain you can do it.
    I did it up to 2.1.0.840, and it works
    The following link also uses the same method
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...78/index2.html
    Last edited by masterscarhead1; 10-03-12 at 10:31 PM. Reason: The link will explain how it can be done :)
    10-03-12 10:23 PM
    I just went through this. I tried everything. I finally had to send my Playbook in for repair. It turns out to be a very common problem.
    Thanks for info, my other Playbooks in Europe (I'm in US) having that problem intermittently but restart always helps but not in my case - will need to send in I guess..
    How long is the turnaround?
    10-03-12 10:24 PM
    I have been searching for an answer to this question here ; does wifi bridge work? I have only been able to use bluetooth bridge.
    10-03-12 10:25 PM
    Very disappointed in the SMS Bridge implementation. With 1160 contacts that work great on my phone and are totally hosed on my PlayBook it is as if the process for linking phone numbers on the PB is completely different than on the phone which is bizarre - it is the same data. Cannot use it on the PB the way it is implemented.

Have seen several (many) comments on this as well...hopefully a solution is on the way!
    10-03-12 10:29 PM
    I lost 400mb free spaces after the uprade.
    10-03-12 10:29 PM
    Any one notice that the spell check not working or when you click on an area to type that the keys dont come up
    10-03-12 10:31 PM
    I have been searching for an answer to this question here ; does wifi bridge work? I have only been able to use bluetooth bridge.
    it's not an individual function,kind working like an assistant to the bluetooth. The files transfer is faster when your devices are connecting to the same wifi hotspot.
    10-03-12 10:32 PM
    I really liked the native calendar when it came out last year, so I begin using it exclusively. The update cleared out everything.
    I was also using my native contacts and calendar exclusively and everything was cleared out as well? I cannot add a contact in the contact list now,it says program disrupted, close program and re-open? Will not work????
    10-03-12 10:33 PM
    Just finished my upgrade via Desktop Manager and tried to turn on wi-fi, and no go. Looked around for a second and find that my settings have been changed from one security type to another preventing log in. Quick fix but annoying. Everything else seems good and snappier. So far anyways........
    10-03-12 10:34 PM
    Thanks for info, my other Playbooks in Europe (I'm in US) having that problem intermittently but restart always helps but not in my case - will need to send in I guess..
    How long is the turnaround?
    Very quick. Five days to a week they said (my 32 GB is on the way). Customer service was very nice to deal with. This is pretty much a known issue stemming from the .668 update. The first thing they did was to extend my warranty till next January to cover this.
    10-03-12 10:36 PM
    now that Android apps have access to the playbook camera. does that mean skype will work if i side load it?? anyone have a skype bar file?
    10-03-12 10:38 PM
    Very quick. Five days to a week they said (my 32 GB is on the way). Customer service was very nice to deal with. This is pretty much a known issue stemming from the .668 update. The first thing they did was to extend my warranty till next January to cover this.
    The customer service is the best. They follow up afterwards too. They return it back to you within a week, and pay for all your shipping too Often times, they give you a new one. They will track it up until you are satisfied that everything is fixed
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 10:38 PM
    it's not an individual function,kind working like an assistant to the bluetooth. The files transfer is faster when your devices are connecting to the same wifi hotspot.
    So...if I move out of bluetooth range between devices the wifi doesn't kick in?
    10-03-12 10:41 PM
    now that Android apps have access to the playbook camera. does that mean skype will work if i side load it?? anyone have a skype bar file?
    Skype will NOT work, and most likely never will with android, because the PB QNX android player lacks the native libraries
    I already tried. Oovoo doesn't work either. Sry mate
    rajdeep.malhi likes this.
    10-03-12 10:41 PM
    After upgrade, I still have camera video chat problem. Does anyone have solution for this? ThanksAttachment 118276
    10-03-12 10:43 PM
    I know everyone wants to know:
    After 2.1 Update all sideloaded apps were present and all that I tested worked.
    I then connected and Sideloaded another converted App and it worked great.
    Love the new Android Multitasking.
    Crossing my fingers still Hoping Android Run Time Hang issue is better or resolved completely with any luck.
    Looks good so far.... One hour in.
    wet_coast likes this.
    10-03-12 10:48 PM
    The messaging in the FB app works on my 64GB, but not on my 16GB. The 16 gets the same error others have. BUT I checked that before I upgraded the 16, and it crashed then as well with still having .668 installed. That is indeed weird.

FB birthday events now missing from the native calendar totally blows. That was not necessary to ruin it. I cannot believe that slipped through.

Imap folders are working mostly, but not the custom created ones. I don't understand why.

I cannot for the world back up the PB, it fails always at the same spot when doing the Application Data. I have no idea which one causes it. I uninstalled half of them, but no dice.

My SMS via Bridge worked flawless so far.

All my Android apps work flawless as well, including the CB Forum app, BeWeather HD and Ghost Commander.

Some Web pages in the browser, primarily some forums when loaded, as soon as they are done loading seem to zoom out on it's own, meaning everything is smaller on the screen as it should be. That also happens on the CITIES Bank when logged into the account. That is ultra annoying, as my old eyes have a hard time redirect get the stuff. I know I can zoom in, but that wasn't necessary before the update.

It seems while in use, the battery consumption went from about 3.xx% to about 2.xx%.

Standby remained at about 0.10-0.13%.

Screen shots are now in .png format instead of .jpg, that may be why it gets put in random places in the camera folder, when previous screen shots are present.

All my videos run, regardless of the format.

Bing Maps finally works via Bridge again. That was hideous before to require Wifi for that, seriously! Especially since it once worked back on OS1.

I swear the PB runs cooler, not that mine got hot before, still runs even cooler now.
    jafobabe, Akuji_ism and toobs623 like this.
    10-03-12 11:00 PM
    After upgrade, I still have camera video chat problem. Does anyone have solution for this? ThanksAttachment 118276
    No solutions
    Repair
    hndt38 likes this.
    10-03-12 11:17 PM
926 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD