Another application is using the camera. Please close the other application and try again.
    This started under beta - it's permanent now - need help - I did wipes, restores etc.. but nothing works - was hoping for this release - NOTHING,,,
    10-03-12 08:58 PM
    Multiple reboots. Every other android app I try works fine. Except Olivetree Biblereader. The one I use multiple times, daily.
    And shazam 1.3, also used multiple times a day, now dead too :-(

TRJB
    10-03-12 08:59 PM
    The only issue we have noticed on our playbooks has been the video chat contacts are not there...however the field is filled out in the contact card
    10-03-12 08:59 PM
    amazon app store : now broken

I tried multiple versions. From the latest to older releases and they all bork up. Various errors but none of them now operate. I used to get the apk from there and then convert it apk2bar.unker.net

I've even bought apps off that store and used them successfully on the playbook. Now the errors I get with the latest updates with the apps I purchased tell me to install amazon app store and login. Though it does give me this error it appears rim also prevented it from stopping us from using the app. The app still works but no more access to amazon app store

If someone finds a working version please post up here or pm me pls
    I use this.
    10-03-12 09:00 PM
    Texting does not work for me. There is no app icon for it, it does have the text under where it should be though. When i click it up pops up a message saying "Error 404 The server could not find this webpage. Check the URL and try again". I've done 3 restarts of my PlayBook so far with no changes.
    10-03-12 09:01 PM
    As concerns the issue with SMS bridge showing a continuous new SMS message indicator and the wait animation showing non-stop, I decided to try unpairing my 9850 and pairing my wife's 9850 with the PlayBook. This resulted in a flawless SMS bridge app, no stuck new SMS indicator and no constant wait animation.

From this, I guess we can determine at least that the issue is on the smartphone side and not the PlayBook.

Russ.

weird thing is that I can't do the corner back swipe with my android apps now I need to hit the X as I do with native PB apps.

I can have multiple android apps open now....

that's about it so far
    I found that some apps that were portrait only, like Words with Friends sideload, can sometimes be landscape. Next time, try doing the back swipe on the next corner to the left as if it were in landscape, if that makes sense.
    look like they are going to pull again? guys,download as soon as you can
    10-03-12 09:08 PM
    My concerns are wide range of different bugs with no end at sight - usually with any new device etc.. it's understandable there is some bugs etc.. but in this case with PB it is noticeable wide range of different problems differing between the users widely...that's what's scares me... and they not taken care of...
    10-03-12 09:11 PM
    Just ran the upgrade on my PlayBook and also upgraded the Bridge app on my 9930. On my PlayBook "Text Messages" under BlackBerry Bridge does not have an icon, just the text. When I click it I get an all white screen with "Not Found" in the upper left hand corner.

Any ideas?

Mike
    Having the same problem.
    10-03-12 09:13 PM
    It's actually quite normal with software and happens on other platforms too. The fact that there are wide ranging little problems is indicative of install issues and variations on the environment. If tons of people were having the same issues is when I get concerned.
    10-03-12 09:15 PM
    So about bridge over WiFi: Is there a way to force this or even tell whether WiFi or bluetooth bridging is being used? I would think it should be faster than bluetooth.
    Would like to know this also.
    10-03-12 09:15 PM
    I noticed on youtube if you play and type in the search box, then backspace out the text you can literally watch it delete letter by letter at a snails pace. Even the browser does it once and a while. Also clicking on links say on google you have to hit them multiple times before it opens a url.

Camera does NOT work with android apps as stated, the list goes on and on. I am guessing this update will no be the last before BB10 makes it's way on to the PB.

The update fixed the battery issue from .668 but now this. Considering this was beta tested for so long it's still has Bugs.

I would sooner have BB10 on the playbook now and beta test that to get it up to speed. With a few months left the OS still has MAJOR bugs and glitches even on the PB that has been out for a long time now.
    Last edited by SparkyBC; 10-03-12 at 09:26 PM.
    jerryeight likes this.
    10-03-12 09:16 PM
    I'm on 2.1.0.1032 now. Took about 5 minutes to download and ten minutes to install. Restart was fine. I've noticed faster browsing. Text feature is nice. Upgraded the Bridge as well. All seems to be working fine, except for the ridiculously long boot time - are you kidding??!!
    10-03-12 09:16 PM
    Here we are, a year an a half since its release, and we still can't search a web page
    iso99 likes this.
    10-03-12 09:17 PM
    Would it be possible to roll back to 2.0.1.358
    i would do it right now
    beta didn't allow that
    does anyone has info for this?
    I HAD NO PROBLEMS UNDER 358 - MY MISTAKE I DID RUN INTO BETA WITHOUT ROLL BACK - ONLY PROBLEMS SINCE BETA...
    10-03-12 09:18 PM
    Can you PLEASE provide ANY sort of context for this comment. Are you making a statement or asking a question? Please give us a link or a pic of the tea leaves or chicken bones that gave you this vision...
    Barljo, Toodeurep and tayl0rd like this.
    10-03-12 09:20 PM
    OK. So in the morning.

SMS Bridge. I had previously posted that the PlayBook was pulling the wrong names (theorised as I use "spaces" in phone numbers). Miraculously this morning it now works. Then doesn't... Then does... Then doesn't... Then does.
    Just exiting and reloading and the names change - to correct, then to wrong...
    So there is definitely a bug here.

Shared Calendars
    Per previous post, Google Sync identifies the new OS as a new Device. HAve therefore just redone the Google Sync steps, and can now see my TripIt calendar.

WiFi.
    Initially had a conflict whereby the phone seemed to be overriding my PlayBook WiFi settings and stopping it reconnecting, but that seems to have fixed itself.

Android Apps.
    No issues including TweetWall, PasswdSafe, MapDroyd, GPSTest. Ocassionally a little sluggish switching between the apps but that is it.
    10-03-12 09:28 PM
    Has anyone been able to get the new print to go working? It said that we were able to have them a different wireless networks. Since my desktop is connected to my router via a wired connection I have never been able to get it to work. However since the upgrade to OS 2.1 I though that it would work, in this I was disappointed.

I did notice however that in the settings of the Print to Go app there is a section called Desktop PC Paring Password, was this there before?

Does anyone know when they will update the desktop software for the Print to Go?
    10-03-12 09:31 PM
    Since I did the update today my facebook and twitter contacts no longer apear on my contacts app only linkedin and my regular ones, any one having the same problem? what can I do to make them show again??? (from Mexico)
    10-03-12 09:38 PM
    Someone already asked what makes you say that, so I won't ask again. There are a number of issues that have been mentioned, many related to each other, which indicates some real underlying issues that all the beta testing never addressed. Things that should have been dealt with before public release. With that in mind, why should people rush to create issues for themselves? I, for one, am going to look at how to roll back to the previous version. When the app I use the most is an android app and the one that does nothing more than show the splash screen and crash, I'm underwhelmed. And, if you read through the thread, I'm not alone.
    10-03-12 09:40 PM
    I got my update a while ago (12 AM), only 327mb. Browser is snappier and I love the new "mark as read" feature of messages!
    10-03-12 09:42 PM
    I just opened the sideloaded amazon kindle app and the crackberry app and they are in their own window and seem to be working fine right now independantly...
    10-03-12 09:48 PM
    For all you guys still wondering about rolling back to previous version. Find the OS file, best be factory reset file, and load it with dingleberry. Anything after 2.0.0.7111 can be loaded without problem from what I know
    10-03-12 09:50 PM
    Since I did the update today my facebook and twitter contacts no longer apear on my contacts app only linkedin and my regular ones, any one having the same problem? what can I do to make them show again??? (from Mexico)
    How many times have you restarted the playbook? People shouldn't come to the conclusion in a few hours. Give it some time. Restart it a few times. I'm sure it will work better than before.
    10-03-12 09:54 PM
926 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD