I got the update too. Downloading. Oddly, the update log at the bottom before clicking install was in Spanish (If I recognized it correctly) though I have the language set as English and region India. Anyone else experience this?

PS My update is 389 MB coming from the latest 2.1 beta.
    Mine was in Spanish too! Downloading from Melbourne Australia.
    10-03-12 07:46 PM
    Adobe PDF. The same problem from os 2.0. Can't read all fonts. There's sometimes i got pdf with a special fonts, i use qpdf to open it. Hope RIM will fix it. So, i don't need anothe alternative pdf reader to read this.
    I had this problem before the update. Adobe PDF Reader is terrible. qPDF isn't much better in my opinion. The one that is super awesome and works so much faster with much less font issues (but not all) and layout issues is PDF Reader by Sporadic Sofware Pdf Reader - BlackBerry App World

It's $0.99 and worth every cent. I deleted qPDF Reader after I bought this app. I would delete Adobe Reader too but you can't so I just don't use it.

Seriously, save your stress and get PDF Reader!
    pardi_2006 likes this.
    10-03-12 07:56 PM
    Yeah, me too. If I try to access FB Messages I get the error and the app closes.
    I get the same mistake too. Even if I don't use FB messages a lot, it's a bug that needs to be fixed
    10-03-12 07:59 PM
    I have a problem. I dragged mybrowser into the doc and bam! browser deleted. a little notification popped up in the corner which says array_insert invalid array index. what do I do?
    10-03-12 08:00 PM
    Is there a way to mark read multiple messages in the email app? I figured out the method to select them, but I don't see an option to mark them as read.
    10-03-12 08:01 PM
    just upgraded to OS2.1, didn't find anything wrong,but didn't find any noticeable improvment. but seriously, I didn't find restart time has any change, I dont know who report restart time is faster.
    10-03-12 08:06 PM
    amazon app store : now broken

I tried multiple versions. From the latest to older releases and they all bork up. Various errors but none of them now operate. I used to get the apk from there and then convert it apk2bar.unker.net

I've even bought apps off that store and used them successfully on the playbook. Now the errors I get with the latest updates with the apps I purchased tell me to install amazon app store and login. Though it does give me this error it appears rim also prevented it from stopping us from using the app. The app still works but no more access to amazon app store

If someone finds a working version please post up here or pm me pls
    10-03-12 08:09 PM
    I cant beleive or understand why some of you are experiencing bad stuff happening with this update...so far this has been working flawless for me and I have noticed the speed of pages loading the same BUT when I use to scroll up or down super fast I got checker boarding and that seems to be gone in this new update!! its super smooth!! also for the bridge sms, it also works fantastic and I used it a bunch of times and I'm LUVING IT! only time I get the waiting sign is when my phone is too far from the playbook! when they are close together they connect and sms bridge window pops up right away! seems to me this is by far the best update "I've" ever had!
    because we are not you.
    10-03-12 08:11 PM
    still no android apps working here. i cannot even get android app to load, no blackberry logo, no blackscreen, nothing press on icon and nothing. rebooted countless times over the last 2 1/2 hours. thinking of backing up and security wiping, bricking and reinstalling. i am severely disappointed
    10-03-12 08:27 PM
    still no android apps working here. i cannot even get android app to load, no blackberry logo, no blackscreen, nothing press on icon and nothing. rebooted countless times over the last 2 1/2 hours. thinking of backing up and security wiping, bricking and reinstalling. i am severely disappointed
    Have you tried the 3-finger salute? Vol+ Vol- Power
    10-03-12 08:31 PM
    I went to one of my client's today... One of the employees broke his BlackBerry. He went to Sprint a month ago to get a new Bold. He left with a Motorola Admiral...

He wanted me to help him setup his email. He commented that he missed his BlackBerry... He told me that Sprint said that "they" quit making them... BlackBerry is only doing Corporate business...

<face palm>
    10-03-12 08:33 PM
    Haven't got the download to work yet...
    10-03-12 08:34 PM
    Have you tried the 3-finger salute? Vol+ Vol- Power
    yep tried that many times im starting to get angry
    10-03-12 08:36 PM
    yep tried that many times im starting to get angry
    Sounds like a debrick in your future.
    10-03-12 08:38 PM
    I'm getting this now, didn't have it yesterday on the beta.

Strange.
    Mine's is working fine. I'm from .840 though I did i security wipe before updating.
    10-03-12 08:39 PM
    Lost my contacts and calendar appointments

Bob
    10-03-12 08:39 PM
    Olive Tree Bible will no longer run with the 2.1 upgrade - crashes and force-closes.

All other Android apps are working fine, including the side-loaded PSX emulator and Kindle.
    10-03-12 08:43 PM
    Olive Tree Bible will no longer run with the 2.1 upgrade - crashes and force-closes.
    Praying doesn't help? Sorry couldn't resist
    rexxenex, Foppa_21 and Revampd like this.
    10-03-12 08:44 PM
    Doing a restore from BB Protect should work---but only if you use the BlackBerry Bridge calendar app (where the data is actually stored on your handset). It won't help if you only use the native PB calendar.
    I really liked the native calendar when it came out last year, so I begin using it exclusively. The update cleared out everything.
    10-03-12 08:45 PM
    the SMS on my PB shows every conversion under the same contact, a contact that i have never texted. Anyone else with this issue?
    10-03-12 08:51 PM
    Nuts, lost all input information in my contacts and calendars ..... Have not been able to back up for quite a long time (only receive error messages when I try). Will play with it tonight to see what else seems different post 2.1 update.
    Same here... I've never had a successful backup of my PB and this update toasted a couple hundred contacts that were manually entered. I can re-enter "personal" contacts and it takes 15-30 seconds to save new entries. When I try to create a new "work" contact it lets me enter all the info, but can't save at all... it says "the program was interrupted, please close and restart.."

With the amount of time this release spent in beta, I expected a little more.

Other observations: pretty much everything is slower, some thing only slightly, but some apps take 30-60 seconds to load up...

RIM's gonna have to do MUCH better than this with BB10 if they want to make it through another year.
    10-03-12 08:52 PM
    Same here!!!! All my contacts have 'gone south' .... And are not coming back!

How about others ?

Contacts gone?
    Yep. All gone, and the calendar is wiped too. I'm real happy about that...

TRJB
    10-03-12 08:53 PM
    What accounts are these?
    10-03-12 08:54 PM
    1. Update downloaded fine.
    2. Restart took like 10 mins (maybe only 6....seemed like 10)
    3. Nothing seemed to work after initial restart (wideo chat, android apps)
    4. Did a 2nd restart (much shorter to do)
    5. Everything seems to work (camera in android apps - never did b4, VC)

weird thing is that I can't do the corner back swipe with my android apps now I need to hit the X as I do with native PB apps.

I can have multiple android apps open now....

that's about it so far
    Last edited by wet_coast; 10-03-12 at 09:03 PM.
    iso99 likes this.
    10-03-12 08:55 PM
    You will get your google-calendars back if you follow the steps discribed here:
    PlayBook OS 2.0 Tip: Syncing Multiple Google Calendars

It seems that google looked at my updated playbook as a new device and so I had to repeat those steps too.

The only App that doesn't work on my playbook after the update is ghost commander.
    I just checked and Ghost Commander is working on mine.
    10-03-12 08:57 PM
926 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD