Camera works fine, front and back. Did a short video on both and both fine also.

Too many posts to go thru so if I repeat sorry.

Keyboard is way more responsive, less checkerboards, loading pages still has the blue line stall, native email still slow to load (notice no difference), bridge over bluetooth only no difference. Haven't used it much yet.
    10-03-12 03:46 PM
    YES!!! Now if I read an email on another device, the msg waiting indicators extinguish and the email message is automatically removed from the inbox of the playbook. Push appears to be supported better as well.

Yay! So glad you spotted that. I'd given up and didn't even check. Winner!
    Hey guys - am I the only one that caught this??? WE HAVE FULL FOLDER AND SUB-FOLDER SUPPORT FOR IMAP EMAIL ACCOUNTS NOW!!! WooOOOoooO HoooOOOooo!!!!!
    10-03-12 03:47 PM
    Leave messages on the Server still does NOT. Delete it on PB and it is gone without recovery on other clients.

Bookmarks are still not manageable like they should be.

Any bets on whether this will be fixed in BB10?
    10-03-12 03:51 PM
    I'm getting a "this file type isn't supported" error when trying to play movies that were ripped to my PlayBook. They used to work.

A reboot did not help. Uh-oh.

File extensions are mp4 and m4v.

UPDATE: Most of my mp4 videos don't play. A few still work, including one movie rip an the PB demo video.

UPDATE 2: I played a video in Windows while the PB was connected to the computer. It played fine on the computer, but now it doesn't show up on the PlayBook Video app, though it shows on the "Z" drive in Windows. The file is not hidden.

What gives??
    Last edited by yammyfan; 10-04-12 at 09:51 AM.
    10-03-12 03:51 PM
    If not, when did this show up?

When I plugged in my Playbook to my PC via USB, a message on the screen of my PB gave me instructions to look for the USB drive now attached and install BBDT.
    10-03-12 03:57 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the new hotmail.com (and presumably outlook.com) now works with the PB browser.

(don't let this digress into a "who uses hotmail" discussion )
    10-03-12 03:57 PM
    This definitely feels snappier to me so far.

I'm not getting portrait mode for messages/contacts/calendar. I have done 2 restarts and one shut down/turn on. Any ideas!
    10-03-12 04:00 PM
    Wierd issue with SMS over the bridge.
    Keeps showing the wrong contact name. the number is correct but then it grabs the wrong contact name for display.

other than that it is working much faster and have seen no real issues other than my sms bug.
    10-03-12 04:05 PM
    I'm getting a "this file type isn't supported" error when trying to play movies that were ripped to my PlayBook. They used to work.

A reboot did not help. Uh-oh.

File extensions are mp4 and m4v.

UPDATE: Most of my mp4 videos don't play. A few still work, including one movie rip an the PB demo video.
    Just tested all my mp4s (all ripped but one) and they all work. If it were me I would try deleting one and then copying it back over from the backups I have on my computer (and I sure hope you do too). I've had videos get hosed before and this has worked for me. Hope you get it straightened out.
    10-03-12 04:14 PM
    Just tested all my mp4s (all ripped but one) and they all work. If it were me I would try deleting one and then copying it back over from the backups I have on my computer (and I sure hope you do too). I've had videos get hosed before and this has worked for me. Hope you get it straightened out.
    I'm glad that some of the videos still work. I've got the originals so I will recreate them and test.

Thanks for the tip.
    10-03-12 04:28 PM
    Amazing how experiences are spread all over the board. There is some bugs that everybody has, like non working FB app messaging and putting camera pictures where it doesn't belong in random order. There's people that only have those, and there's others that have a downright fiasco. Amazing...but I really wonder what took this update that long. There is additional functionality, but stuff like editing browser bookmarks or folder management wasn't even considered obviously. And then the picture placement in folders gets even more screwed up. Looking for a stored picture is downright abysmal if you have many of them. But that SMS text is in fact really nice.
    Bakamushi likes this.
    10-03-12 04:30 PM
    I installed the new OS to playbook and the new bridge to bb Bold. First, I don't have an ICON for the ext Messages within the Blackberry Bridge Application. When I tap the Text Messages, a screen pops up and says Not Found. Also, I see the red star indicating that I have new messages. Anyone else experience this?
    10-03-12 04:33 PM
    Been using my os2.1 since 9am this morning without issue. All new features as advertised and DROID apps havnt required reboot.
    10-03-12 04:34 PM
    Um not sure if anyone mentionned this yet but my PlayBook doesn't seem to be charging while on the dock... It was charging this morning, I updated, reset it and now nada... the lightning bolt shows up but it went down to 1% and it's staying there....

Anyone else getting this?

Thanks
    I've had this problem off and on. Tip the playbook forward and then back (maybe a couple of times). It should charge after that. It seems to get picker about seating in the dock after a while. I've considered sending my in for repairs as well.
    10-03-12 04:40 PM
    I'm glad that some of the videos still work. I've got the originals so I will recreate them and test.

Thanks for the tip.
    All of my videos work: My own .mp4 rips (x264+aac), downloaded Apple 1080p HD trailiers in .mov format, the BB HD demo, downloaded Tekzilla podcasts in HQ .mp4 format. I didn't have to delete and recopy any of them, they just work. Perhaps your OS update had a glitch and needs to be reloaded?

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    10-03-12 04:40 PM
    Battery Guru shows power, which is the rate of energy consumption. If the standby power is twice what it was before the upgrade, I don't need to wait "at least a week".

That's like saying, "If you turn on twice as many lights in your house, you'll need to wait until your next monthly electric bill to see the effect on your pocketbook."
    lmao Battery Guru... It's not very acurate! Your anology needs some fine tuning too... just like Battery Guru! lmao
    10-03-12 04:41 PM
    Haven't had much play time with the update, but I love the speed improvement in the browser and battery life thus far.

I love this little tablet despite no longer using a BlackBerry phone. The long press keyboard shortcuts are a nice touch as well.
    10-03-12 04:42 PM
    My native Calendar is not syncing with my Gmail account or my phone!
    10-03-12 04:42 PM
    Soft reboot (select "Restart" after tapping battery icon):

0:50 - red light on
    1:05 - red light off
    1:12 - BlackBerry PlayBook logo
    1:50 - color-motion background starts
    4:17 - password screen with keyboard

Hard reboot (3 finger salute):

0:00 - red light on
    0:15 - red light off
    0:21 - BlackBerry PlayBook logo
    0:55 - color-motion background starts
    3:43 - password screen with keyboard

I would be very interested in knowing how some people are getting full reboots of 1:30 as reported in several earlier posts...

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    10-03-12 04:47 PM
    On the virtual keyboard, holding a lot of the keys gives pop up of addition characters. I don't remember noticing these in the beta.
    Here are a few
    a � � � � � � �
    c � �
    d �
    e � � � �
    t � �
    They were there in the previous non-beta. 353?, I forget already
    10-03-12 04:50 PM
    Um not sure if anyone mentionned this yet but my PlayBook doesn't seem to be charging while on the dock... It was charging this morning, I updated, reset it and now nada... the lightning bolt shows up but it went down to 1% and it's staying there....

Anyone else getting this?

Thanks
    Checked mine on my dock and it seems normal and charging. Maybe it's not the update that's affecting yours?
    10-03-12 04:51 PM
    Soft reboot (select "Restart" after tapping battery icon):

0:50 - red light on
    1:05 - red light off
    1:12 - BlackBerry PlayBook logo
    1:50 - color-motion background starts
    4:17 - password screen with keyboard

Hard reboot (3 finger salute):

0:00 - red light on
    0:15 - red light off
    0:21 - BlackBerry PlayBook logo
    0:55 - color-motion background starts
    3:43 - password screen with keyboard

I would be very interested in knowing how some people are getting full reboots of 1:30 as reported in several earlier posts...

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    If the PlayBook Is plugged in charging, even when turned off, it boots to an initial state where the OS is in a basic run state to control the charging. The people getting the quick boot are in this initial run state.
    10-03-12 04:56 PM
    Battery Guru shows power, which is the rate of energy consumption. If the standby power is twice what it was before the upgrade, I don't need to wait "at least a week".

That's like saying, "If you turn on twice as many lights in your house, you'll need to wait until your next monthly electric bill to see the effect on your pocketbook."
    An instantaneous snapshot is not a useful comparison, what you need is the longer term average over a day or two of typical use. You could see a slightly higher figure for one part of the duty cycle, but something completely different when you start pounding on applications. Then it depends what weighting to give to each different consumption state.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-03-12 04:58 PM
    Amazing how experiences are spread all over the board. There is some bugs that everybody has, like non working FB app messaging and putting camera pictures where it doesn't belong in random order. There's people that only have those, and there's others that have a downright fiasco. Amazing...but I really wonder what took this update that long. There is additional functionality, but stuff like editing browser bookmarks or folder management wasn't even considered obviously. And then the picture placement in folders gets even more screwed up. Looking for a stored picture is downright abysmal if you have many of them. But that SMS text is in fact really nice.
    Considering how much they had to ramp up for BB10 lately, it probably was just that the PB is a much, much lower priority now.
    10-03-12 05:01 PM
    I've gotta say, Facebook website runs much better on 2.1 than the prior update.

Don't know what it was about the previous update, but Facebook (in the browser) was horrendous to try and use, and is much smoother, by far, on 2.1 update.
    Wow, you are right.
    kjm2010 likes this.
    10-03-12 05:05 PM
926 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD